Author Topic: 7 Dictators Community Game  (Read 32508 times)

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: 7 Dictators Community Game
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
RE: Awaiting Acknowledgement, you could go to the load page for the campaign, untick inexperienced fleet penalties, save and then boot the campaign, and deal with the situation. Then put it back on afterwards for the rest of the game.

Also, you might need to go in to the racial details and set us to be hostile with the aliens. Or select the option on the gunnery page to be able to target nonhostile ships.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
I have FC's targeted at them, Active Sensors on them and yes, I misread and they're on Moon 10 (sorry, Sirius A-iii can make things confusing XD). I thought Inexperienced Fleets as well, but they've done it for over 7 days, just sitting there, which is what's throwing me off.

So THAT was a precursor. It's run off, out of missiles, but half of Sirius is dead
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
Maharava have you made any progress on that database data?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:01:33 PM by Shininglight »
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
Jesus, I can't leave things alone for 5 days without everything going to pot, can I?    ;D

I need a better situation report (sitrep.)  What do we have left on Sirius? Construction capabilities (factories, ordnance, fighter, refineries, ground forces, etc?)  Population? Political stability?  Were we nuked (dust, radiation?)  Is Deep Space Tracking still around, and what level?  I need to know the works.  Damage report!

That said, as long as we have some construction and mining capabilities still intact, our basic plan that I outlined should remain the same.  It's just a major setback, really.  Here are the PDC designs I've come up with (one of which cannot be built until we have boat bays, so that should get seriously bumped up in the research queue.)  The build priority is on the much cheaper Charybdis fighter bases, with their counterpart Scylla missile bases queued up to build last due to their comparatively prohibitive expenses and construction times.  These designs are shared with all of humanity's leadership in an effort to provide options, promote friendship and co-operation among all humans in the face of such uncertain times, and avoid any further deaths at the hands of any alien menace.

Charybdis class Fighter Base    11,900 tons     26 Crew     2404 BP      TCS 238  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 24-46     Sensors 1/864     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 0
Intended Deployment Time: 0.001 months    Flight Crew Berths 24    
Hangar Deck Capacity 5000 tons    

Traffic Control Active Search Sensor MR518-R100 (1)     GPS 86400     Range 518.4m km    Resolution 100

Strike Group
10x Slasher Fighter   Speed: 9278 km/s    Size: 9.7

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 5 sections

Slasher class Fighter    485 tons     3 Crew     159.5 BP      TCS 9.7  TH 45  EM 0
9278 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 3
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 97%    IFR 1.3%    1YR 12    5YR 184    Max Repair 60 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 0.1 months    Spare Berths 7    

Rift 18 EP Ion Drive (5)    Power 18    Fuel Use 218.25%    Signature 9    Exp 15%
Fuel Capacity 5,000 Litres    Range 0.9 billion km   (25 hours at full power)

Gauss Cannon R4-12.5 (4x4)    Range 40,000km     TS: 10000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 12.5%     RM 4    ROF 5        1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
Fire Control S01 40-10000 (FTR) (1)    Max Range: 80,000 km   TS: 40000 km/s     88 75 62 50 38 25 12 0 0 0

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and maintenance purposes

The Charybdis fighter base is a simple launchpad and armored hangar for a squadron of up to 10 500-ton fighters.  It comes with a traffic control tower for monitoring and directing all extra-terrestrial traffic within a reasonable distance of the base, which will also be the primary method of directing its (currently) blind fighter designs.  The current and first fighter to go into production is the Slasher class.  This fighter is designed with four front-mounted gauss cannons and an almost 1 billion kilometer range to control the space around its home base.

Shangri La class Planetary Defence Centre    78,950 tons     18 Crew     3790 BP      TCS 1579  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 24-163     Sensors 1/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 0
Intended Deployment Time: 0.001 months    Spare Berths 32    
Troop Capacity: 25 Battalions    

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 32 sections

The Shangri La class Planetary Defence Centre is a simple barracks and armory for ground forces.  In addition to arming and housing one division of planetary forces (with extra room for replacement battalions,) it is well armored against any orbital bombardment.  These will serve as a citadel and final bastion of defence against any invading alien forces.

Scylla class Missile Base    35,250 tons     127 Crew     6440 BP      TCS 705  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 24-95     Sensors 1/864     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 180
Intended Deployment Time: 0.001 months    Spare Berths 23    
Magazine 4560    

PDC Size 6 Missile Launcher (30)    Missile Size 6    Rate of Fire 20
Missile Fire Control FC518-R100 (1)     Range 518.4m km    Resolution 100
Thunderbolt LRM Mk-1 (260)  Speed: 6,500 km/s   End: 1249.3m    Range: 487.2m km   WH: 3    Size: 6    TH: 45/27/13
Mjolnir SRM Mk-1 (120)  Speed: 6,000 km/s   End: 17.8m    Range: 6.4m km   WH: 20    Size: 6    TH: 64/38/19

Traffic Control Active Search Sensor MR518-R100 (1)     GPS 86400     Range 518.4m km    Resolution 100

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 15 sections

Thunderbolt LRM Mk-1
Missile Size: 6 MSP  (0.3 HS)     Warhead: 3    Armour: 1     Manoeuvre Rating: 21
Speed: 6500 km/s    Engine Endurance: 20.8 hours   Range: 487.2m km
Cost Per Missile: 2.766
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 136.5%   3k km/s 42%   5k km/s 27.3%   10k km/s 13.6%
Materials Required:    1x Tritanium   1.766x Gallicite   Fuel x250

Development Cost for Project: 277RP

Mjolnir SRM Mk-1
Missile Size: 6 MSP  (0.3 HS)     Warhead: 20    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 32
Speed: 6000 km/s    Engine Endurance: 18 minutes   Range: 6.4m km
Cost Per Missile: 8.042
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 192%   3k km/s 64%   5k km/s 38.4%   10k km/s 19.2%
Materials Required:    5x Tritanium   3.042x Gallicite   Fuel x100

Development Cost for Project: 804RP

The Scylla missile base is quite possibly the most expensive defensive measure ever developed by humanity.  It houses enough long range ordinance to threaten and thoroughly deplete any hostile spacecraft of anti-missile missiles, and enough high-yield short range missiles to decimate any foolish enough to get too close.  In addition to the fighter screen provided by the Charybdis, the Scylla should make the space around the Sirian home world all but impregnable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:02:00 PM by MagusXIX »

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
I need someone with the tenacity and bull-headedness to protect and fortify a civilization under threat.  I need someone with an uncompromising loyalty and faithfulness to the stubborn, hard-working, and proud people of Sirius.  I need someone who can shine under pressure.  I need someone who can not just execute a plan, but who can innovate and improve on one when left in charge.  In short, I need a vice admiral.

If you think you've got what it takes to lead a people forward when they are being pushed backward, send me a message.

Also, I'm going to take a step away from the HALOverse and request that the name of Sirius-A III - Moon 7 be officially changed to Tauron.  In the face of such adversity, we could all take a lesson from the bull and defend our territory, because all of our stuff is here, dammit.  ;D

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2013, 05:18:57 AM »
Need a Vice-Admiral?  I'm your man, Alexej Cernik at your service.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »
Coco. Join me. I'd love to have an admiral i could nickname coco. "Bring me Coco, now." *random ensign* "Wait What?

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
Sure, Vice Admiral Alexej "Coco" Cernik of the Proxima Centauri sector it is then.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »
Welcome aboard sir. Now all i need is the database file and we're in business.

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
Well, i have the Vice-Admirals job in Sirius then, as MagusXIX took me.

But remember the communication with Sirius is down, so we can't inform you about how it's going.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
I've named Proxima Centauri- A I. It shall be forever named Aesir. i'm going Norse for my naming themes. I think it fits the whole "Admiral Winter" thing. The admiral "Alexej "Coco" Cernik" deal works too, after all how can you have a cold winter night without Coco. Seriously, this is looking to work so well. If only i can get that database >_<

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »
I've named Proxima Centauri- A I. It shall be forever named Aesir. i'm going Norse for my naming themes. I think it fits the whole "Admiral Winter" thing. The admiral "Alexej "Coco" Cernik" deal works too, after all how can you have a cold winter night without Coco. Seriously, this is looking to work so well. If only i can get that database >_<

I hope you don't mind me dipping into your Norse-ness every now and then.  I've already got the Mjolnir short range missile.  Thor's throwing hammers again ...

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2013, 11:24:37 PM »
Well i'm going with other names. For instance my recently designed Survey Ship It likely sucks miserably since i've been focred to use my wineskin application of Aurora on my mac os x and can't get to the computer in my house that runs windows but meh :

Lothbrok class Survey Corvette  5,000 tons  110 Crew  815.5 BP  TCS100  TH150  EM0
3000km/s   Armour 1-26  Shields 0-0  Sensors 6/6/2/2  Damage Control Rating 7  PPV 0
Maint Life 9.3 Years  MSP714  AFR28%  IFR 0.4%  1YR 15  5YR 223  Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 72 months  Spare Berths 0 

150 EP Commercial Ion Drive (2) Power 150  Fuel Use 10.61%  Signature 75  Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 355,000 Litres  Range 120.5 Billion km  (464 days at full power)

Aesir Active Search Sensor [Data Expunged]
Aesir Thermal Sensor [Data Expunged]
Aesir EM Detection Sensor [data expunged]
Grav Survey Sensor (2)
Geo Survey Sensor (2)

This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes.

I'll be sending Maharava the entire specs later. For now i figured i'd share my idea of a Survey vessel with it's most important bits, its sensors, covered. I'm a relative newby, only been playing intermittently for the last year or so as such i'm likely to make some mistakes as we go on. Also thanks to you know who youa re for dropboxing me the database file.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2013, 01:50:13 AM »
OKAY

Shining, sorry, been busy (Easter and all that) WILL GET SOMETHING TO YOU AT SOME POINT IN 'close' FUTURE. Not yelling at you, yelling at ME SO I REMIND MYSELF

SECONDLY: PRECURSORS. SUCK. BADLY. That is all

Most of Sirius is gone. Without seriously cheating, we simply don't have the technology needed to survive. Obviously, I made the mistake as to which moon they were on, but that has hardly changed anything. The precursor ships moves fast enough to be all but immune to our weapons, reloads at the blockaded colony and shoots off again, firing 36000km/s missiles back that one-hit our Emergency Vessels. While the Emergency vessels aren't pretty (imagine a space shuttle with a redneck strapped to it), they're the best I can do without giving you guys some serious tech and/or giving Sirius a huge advantage. Naturally, time
s increasing in 5 second increments. I even played god and put their colonies atmo pressure to 5000 to try and crush them (I know, silly, but worth a try) which, clearly, did nothing.

Damage report, Magus? Over 50 million people dead, about a tenth of all buildings gone, twelve ships down and there'w two more missiles incoming. Radiation and Atmospheric dust at 1017. Planetary Suitabiulity is up to .2 so people are dying (-8.26% growth rate currently), one of the five PDC's are down. I can SM in your designs, giving you a large advantage after this, or we can consider more drastic measures (Battlestar Galactica, anyone?)

Date is only Feb 5th (I got the last date I gave mixed up with the month at the time)
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2013, 02:10:12 AM »
SM in his designs, defeat precursors, then delete those ships in turn. Chalk up victory to heroic effort of emergency ships.

Also consider creating a design for a huge ship with literally hundreds of missile launchers, if not thousands, and SMing a couple of them in to allow for MASSIVE salvoes of missiles. Could work. Delete them afterwards, naturally. Tip: Create a waypoint right beside the precursor vessel, then SM in ships and move the task group to that waypoint. Will allow missiles to impact within 5(10?) seconds of launch. Make sure to heavily armour the ship, though.

Battlestar Galactic style scenario would be cool, but would make no sense considering the attack is happening right now, before any real navy has been built.