Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95465 times)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »
;) Well, I mean it crashes every INGAME-year
Ahhhh, you got me there. Still no crashes for me every in game December though. Maybe you have to reinstall, that's all I could tell you to do as I never had this happen to me. Must be a NPR celebrating some kind of holiday/festival ;).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:57:29 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Starfyre

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2015, 05:01:37 PM »
6.43:

Every December, the game crashes with Error 76. Pressing OK, Error 424 is given. If I end the game and start new, it works again. So I have a regulary Christmas-Crash, you could say. Any ideas?

Edit: It's not always December. You can say every now and then, one time a year. :(

I'm pretty sure I have the same error.  First year it doesn't happen, but every year past that it does it right on january first, on the dot.  Though as the game goes on it begins to meander back and forth between january and february.  It happens regardless of # of nprs/no nprs at all, conventional/TN start, and real/random stars.  I suspect it's related to the officer culling/monitoring function, because in thirty years of gameplay I've never seen a single officer dismissed as surplus to requirements, and the start of every year is when I believe it makes those checks.  I suppose it's *possible* that I've used every single officer available to me all the time, but there was a good ten year stretch at the start where I had three academies and a navy that consisted of half a dozen freighters/colonizers and about the same number of survey ships.  No way I didn't have any spare officers during that stretch.  especially ground forces brigadiers.

I'm using the acidweb all in one installer v6.43, and windows 7 ultimate sp 1.  I have no other bugs with aurora that I'm aware of.

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2015, 01:35:17 AM »
Yes, the first one or two years worked without error, but it's always at the same time since then. Had some NPR with fightings, so the time-table was changed, as time not always passed with 30-days-shifts. Now the error is every February...
I used the portable version, because all other versions had other problems and a lot more errors...

Starfyre, how do you handle the problem? Reload every year?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:01:08 AM by Cfant »

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
I am not sure if this is a bug or not, or even if the steps are recreatable; However, I am pretty sure that if anyone else noticed this happening, the steps are recreatable.   

My bug however was related to shipping lines, and Freighters spazzing out and refusing to do any work (Colony ships were unaffected)

I had a multi-Sol start; One NPR on Jupiter, and myself on Earth.    Truce Clock was set to 10 years.    Since I messed up and started with the normal population number at 150% difficulty- I wanted to expand my economy; So I placed colonies on Luna and Mars, set my demand and supply, built a colony and cargo ship, used my meager money to subsidize the shipping line.   

Up until this point me and the Jovs were buddy buddy, it was still the first year.    My diplomatic teams raise the relations to Allow Trade levels; and I enable this, and as soon as the commercial shipping line launches it's first ship, Jov goes crazy and blows it up.   

About 3 months later after I absolutely destroy the Jovs, I notice my shipping line Freighters aren't doing anything.    I noticed them trying to go towards their planet as if to trade with the Jupiter dudes, but they stop halfway and don't do anything.    They do however run from Jupiter ships.    I tried clearing orders, nothing.    I went into SM mode and raised our relations to friendly levels-- still nothing.   

I am convinced the Shipping Lines broke the truce-- and that is fine by me; But it broke the Freighters as well it seems-- and I made sure that I had enough supply contracts and demands. 

v6.  43x
I got a sneaking suspicious here..
You put the colony ON jupiter? If so, that is likely your issue.. Colonies are never ever supposed to happen on gas planets. It is likely that because of that, you ended up breaking the freighters when they tried to interact with a colony. Rule of thumb, next time you have a go make sure you set them up on the moon instead.

Offline Starfyre

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
I hold down enter until the messages go away, then continue as normal.  Doesn't take too long, though the number of them doesn't seem to be consistent from year to year.

Offline gamedesign69

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #350 on: February 02, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
Windows Version: 8
Aurora Version: 6. 43
Administrator Mode ON

Conventional Start @ YR 2050, 1 Starting NPR, 30% NPR Creation Chance
Precursors ON, Star Swarm ON, Invaders OFF

Error occurred on 9th February 2063, after thirteen years of otherwise smooth gameplay.
Error occurred 3-4 times in the midst of a long series of 5 second long turns.
Error could be clicked through with no noticeable effects on my end.

Error Text
Error in AddShipHistory

Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Ship'.
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #351 on: February 02, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »
Relatively minor issue but it appears that system bodies designated as 'chunk' that are colonizable according to your racial abilities do not show up in the Available Colonies Analysis page.

The aforementioned system body has been terraformed to a cost 0 planet and has 40m inhabitants so it definitely was colonizable.  :)

So either it needs updated that I shouldn't have been able to place a populated colony on a chunk or an additional entry needs placed in the query.

Offline Obi von Knobi

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #352 on: February 03, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
Some civvies are trying hard to mine Sorium, but hey have 0 annual production with 10 mines:

Mining/Maintenance:
hxxp: i. imgur. com/cfJNGQj. png?1

Asteroid in question:
hxxp: i. imgur. com/JfuK6qO. png?1

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #353 on: February 03, 2015, 02:20:53 PM »
Fixed links:
http:i.imgur.com/cfJNGQj.png?1
http:i.imgur.com/JfuK6qO.png?1

You mean civil(/npc) ships, or just your own civil designs? Asteroids cannot be mined for fuel at all - only gas giants with Sorium a eligible targets. If those are your ships, then there you go, but if Npcs would try to harvest there, then this would indeed be an AI mistake.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2015, 03:17:19 PM »
Ahem.

He's probably talking about civil mines placed on colony. He has 10 complexes here, but they're not working.

Obi, have you checked the "Civilians \ Ind Status" tab? Maybe you just forgot to change "Minerals sent to civilian sector" to "Purchase Mineral Output". Civvie mines are working only in the latter case.

Offline Obi von Knobi

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
Aha, thanks.  You are correct, GreatTuna.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
Oh. That's what I get for replying to a Sorium Harvester topic just a minute before.

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2015, 05:52:45 AM »
I got a bug with the Fuel Harvester:

Error message:
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

Decription:
I have 3 Fuel Harvester ships with following design.
Staubsauger class Fuel Harvester    29 700 tons     135 Crew     695.5 BP      TCS 594  TH 200  EM 0
336 km/s     Armour 1-85     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 15    Max Repair 50 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 3   
Fuel Harvester: 10 modules producing 280000 litres per annum

200 EP Commercial Nuclear Pulse Engine (1)    Power 200    Fuel Use 6.19%    Signature 200    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 1 000 000 Litres    Range 97.7 billion km   (3365 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

I send them manually to my gas giants (Jupiter/Saturn/Uranus). They have the Cond.Order to unload 90% fuel at nearest Colony when full.
When this condition is met the error message pops up. The civilian FH are not affected by this.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2015, 08:09:31 AM »
Did you assign the design as a tanker via that checkbox in the design window? It would be necessary for any design to even have the option of doing this 90% unload, or otherwise there will be an error.

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »
Did you assign the design as a tanker via that checkbox in the design window? It would be necessary for any design to even have the option of doing this 90% unload, or otherwise there will be an error.

They marked as tanker.