Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14327 times)

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 06:09:01 PM »
@Vivalas
Even more, it seems that Kerbol is not at the focus of the ellipse.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 06:48:42 PM »
@Vivalas
Even more, it seems that Kerbol is not at the focus of the ellipse.

This would seem to be the issue, since if the orbits were shifted I think they would be fine (although the 0.01 eccentricity Duna seems way too eccentric, still). I added Eeloo and it seems fine, and this coupled with the disappearing planets when I tried to do actual KSP distances would seem to suggest there's an issue the closer you get to the parent body.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 10:38:34 PM »
Interestingly enough, I did start the 2.1 game with random stars and "terran federation system theme" and the 6 systems generated by now all had a number star designation. When I check the galaxy map, it reads "class name only" name theme for systems which is clearly not what I see under my race profile.

I had the same problem.  Changing the theme on the race window did nothing.  But changing the theme on the galactic map window fixed it. 

A separate bug relating to planets with eccentric orbits:  civilian colony ships will drop colonists off based on current conditions, not maximum colony cost.  I had just started a colony on Mars and its cost varied from 2.0 at perihelion to 2.5 at aphelion.  Civilian colony ships delivered colonists based on the population supported by the summer 2.0 cost, then the colony exceeded capacity and went into negative growth as winter approached (until I was able to get another load of infrastructure delivered). 

SJW: Civilians do use max colony cost, but it was occasionally not being set. Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:37:25 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: midikiman

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 12:49:42 AM »
Really minor, but the hull type dropdown in class design has some duplicated entries:

Second Class Cruiser C2
Military Tanker TKM

SJW: Fixed for next database release
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:38:50 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 01:13:14 AM »
A separate bug relating to planets with eccentric orbits:  civilian colony ships will drop colonists off based on current conditions, not maximum colony cost.  I had just started a colony on Mars and its cost varied from 2.0 at perihelion to 2.5 at aphelion.  Civilian colony ships delivered colonists based on the population supported by the summer 2.0 cost, then the colony exceeded capacity and went into negative growth as winter approached (until I was able to get another load of infrastructure delivered).

Working as intended.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2022, 05:52:39 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request, but I just had my first of the new spoilers attack one of my colonies, and get destroyed by an STO.  This didn't seem to generate a medal award (Destroy Hostile Ship) for the STO commander, or get noted in the commander's log.  Would be cool if this could happen.

SJW: Currently working as intended, but I have added the same commander tracking for STO commanders for v2.1.1 so the medal should be awarded in future.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:14:10 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2022, 06:51:04 AM »

Working as intended.

Per Steve post here, I don't think it is. Civilians are supposed to account for the maximum colony cost to avoid wasting population and shipping time. Unless Steve at some point made a stealth change to make life harder on players of course.

SJW: It is a bug. The function that checked for capacity was assuming max colony cost was set. In most cases it already would be, but the function now runs the colony cost to make sure.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:40:39 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2022, 08:03:58 AM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=13050. msg161533#msg161533 date=1660909864
Quote from: Kiero link=topic=13050. msg161524#msg161524 date=1660889594
Quote from: bankshot link=topic=13050. msg161522#msg161522 date=1660880314
A separate bug relating to planets with eccentric orbits:  civilian colony ships will drop colonists off based on current conditions, not maximum colony cost.   I had just started a colony on Mars and its cost varied from 2. 0 at perihelion to 2. 5 at aphelion.   Civilian colony ships delivered colonists based on the population supported by the summer 2. 0 cost, then the colony exceeded capacity and went into negative growth as winter approached (until I was able to get another load of infrastructure delivered). 

Working as intended.

Per Steve post here, I don't think it is.  Civilians are supposed to account for the maximum colony cost to avoid wasting population and shipping time.  Unless Steve at some point made a stealth change to make life harder on players of course.

I'm seeing issues as well, but I think it's to do with shipping delays and the relative capacities of the civilian colonist fleet and freighter fleets.  It only takes a few colony ships that have already been dispatched when the cut-off kicks in to then deliver their passengers and blow the max-cost limit by enough to be a problem until more infrastructure arrives.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »
I have one colony ship that was set to auto load colonists at the capital and auto-deliver colonists.  I thought I turned it off in time but it is possible that the standing order overfilled the colony and not the civilian ships. 

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2022, 01:21:20 PM »
Hey Steve.

I found a small bug on the Officers Tab. The Date of Comission does not match with the real Date of Comission (take a look to the attached image). I know it is not a critical bug, but it is a bit annoying :P

SJW: Date is commission is the date someone became an officer - not the date of last promotion.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:16:37 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline M_Gargantua

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • M
  • 2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2022, 06:37:37 PM »
Non-Combat ground units becoming orphaned from any parent formation on formation destruction:

Heavily RNG dependent, but I've gotten it to recur most of the time.
As ground combat is resolved it seems there is an escape where non-combat classes can survive the destruction of their parent formation.  This leaves them orphaned on a body, and they won't be attacked anymore.
Saving the game and restarting will restore the missing formations in the Ground Forces Tab, but the error persists, and they won't be attacked anymore.

Setup this . db as a reproducible sandbox.  300k tons of earth forces dropping on a higher tech 300k in Epsilon Eridani.  Should just be able to advance timeso the ground combat resolves, if you pay attention to the terran ground forces window they'll almost always resolve after a few dozen turns to be destroyed but leave orphan units and the function 1810 error.  Other times there will be ground forces remaining at the population, without surrendering, but without throwing an error.  Sometimes the pop will surrender which will also cause the error to not occur but with orphan units still at the body.

Error - Function #1810: Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object
The window affected - Ground Forces/System Screen
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Dot, not comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Reproducible (Also found it in 1. 13 too)
If this is a long campaign - set this up as a sandbox campaign to re-test this specific bug.

Offline Falryx

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2022, 07:24:20 PM »
Not a 'bug' - more of a query.   Looking at the difference between the 2. 0. x database and the 2. 1. 0 database, there are several changes to Black Holes in the db in KnownSystems with several black hole removed.   All Black Holes with 9100xx or 9300xx as their KnownSystemID are deleted.   Is this intentional (I didn't see it referenced in the change notes)?

SJW: Each known systems game has a different set of black holes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:22:24 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2022, 10:29:50 PM »
Disassembling refueling hubs does not provide any research points towards refueling hub tech.  I found two excavating ruins on Mars in the attached game.  Disassembling the orbital mining modules and Sorium Harvesters did give points towards their respective techs.  They have been transported to Earth in the attached save.

TN start, random stars, 6 years in.

Also a minor visual bug - the ruins belong to the "Democratic People's Republic of Kandis ..." which is too long to display and I don't know of anywhere other than the summary tab on the economics screen where you could see the full name. 

SJW: Refuelling Hub fixed for next database update
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:29:33 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2022, 11:10:59 PM »
Some bugs from my latest playthrough:

If you refit a ship with new fire control, the weapons will remain assigned to the old fire contol and then the weapon allocation screen in the ship combat tab will show no weapons. This can be fixed by hitting "auto assign FC". You can see an example of this in the attached database, check out the Enceladus refit-class frigates.

A ship that decides to hold fire if chance to hit is zero will still suffer "maintenance failure while firing" events.

SJW: Changed refits so they clear all existing combat assignments. Can't reproduce maintenance issue. There is specific code to prevent this. Are you sure the weapon type triggering the message is the same one affected by failure?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:15:47 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline MaxKaladin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2022, 01:47:27 AM »
I have a screenshot of the error below.      The text is:
2.    0.    3 Function # 1500: constraint failed
UNIQUE constraint failed:
FCT_ShipDesignComponents.    SDComponentID

I was on the main window trying to save my game.      I'd been playing for a few hours and hadn't saved so who knows what I did in that time to cause this.     
Conventional Start, Real Stars, Decimal separator is a decimal NOT a comma.     Hopefully this is a one-off.      It happens every time I try to save my game but I presume when I eventually quit without saving whatever triggers the constraint won't be there anymore and this won't happen again.     

I'm almost 15 years into the campaign and had just discovered an alien race who promptly blew up my survey vessel.      I was playing around a lot with designing components for some kind of defensive force (still pretty new at this game so I'm not an expert at how to build a military for this yet and I'm doing a lot of trial and error).      This involved creating a lot of prototypes for various things.      I'd already been experimenting before this as well.     

My best guess about what happened is this:  A while before trying to save, I distinctly remember creating a size 4 missile launcher and then a size 4 box launcher.     (With the intent of having magazine fed launchers on a missile base and attack craft using box launchers with both firing the same missile.      I did this by creating the box launcher and then changing the dropdown for size and reload rate to box launcher (I didn't change anything else).      I'm pretty sure I created a prototype of the box launcher but not the regular one.      I thought I queued both to research.      When I checked later, I noticed I had two copies of the box launcher, one researched and the other as a prototype.      The regular size 4 launcher didn't exist.      When I noticed this, I created another project to research a size 4 standard launcher.      I've attached a screenshot of the technology screen showing duplicate launchers.     

I think somehow, when trying to duplicate the launcher, the same launcher got added to the list of components twice somehow and that resulted in a duplicate component ID which is triggering a database constraint.      I've tried to reproduce that behavior, but I have not been able to.     

ETA: I've been trying to reproduce this but have not been able to.     My experiments have been revolving around prototypes.     Something I did several times was create a prototype of something and then click the create button from the screen where you design research for components rather than clicking to research prototype from the class design screen.     Since the error seems to indicate a duplicate component somewhere, that's been what I've been concentrating on.     

ETA2: I noticed the game looked like it had saved when I loaded the game today but when I decided to try to go ahead and continue the first thing I noticed is that I'm missing some components I'd designed and researched.    Specifically, I'd built a fighter with rail guns and queued it up for manufacturing.    Now the design is missing basically everything.   No railgun, no beam fire control, no engine and no power plant.    All of those items were researched and now they're completely gone from my list of available components.    I had not built any ships with technology I had researched since the last time I saved so I can't say if anything disappeared from ships that had been constructed but the ships I did have were intact (using older technology, of course).   I'm not going to mess with this save game further and will make a copy of the DB file in case you need it for troubleshooting.   Let me know if you need a copy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:57:05 PM by MaxKaladin »