Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92787 times)

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »
The Transported Items tab in the Ship Overview screen of the fleets window is somewhat buggy. For some reason all the ordnance quantities are doubled. (They're displayed correctly in the Ordnance Template tab.) Also, if you select a parasite craft the display claims that it is carrying two of itself as parasites.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2021, 01:27:25 PM »
I'm getting a number of different error messages at various points. I'm not sure if they're related or if they're separate issues. The only unusual thing that I can remember happening before these started is that five NPR (non-spoiler) ships surrendered to me at once, and then one of my ships destroyed one of the ships that had surrendered as it had been set to fire before they surrendered. But I don't know if that actually has anything to do with the errors.

The errors are as follows (all "Object reference..." errors):
  • While in boarding combat later on against this same NPR, I get a single Function 1806 error partway through boarding. This has happened both times I attempted boarding action against this NPR. I don't know if this only applies to boarding against this particular NPR or against all of them, as I haven't been in combat with any others since the errors started showing up. When the ships are subsequently captured, they have in their design display tab in the naval organization window a line designating them as "Biological Organisms" that don't need crew, maintenance, or fuel. (Again, these are not Swarm, and when I have captured Swarm ships they haven't had this line.) For some reason they aren't listed on any shipyards so I can't scrap them, and abandoning them leaves no lifepods (but does leave wrecks). The ships that surrendered to me did not have this issue.
  • While saving the game I get a Function 3239 error. This has actually stopped happening, and I think it stopped after I scrapped one of the ships that surrendered (not one of the ships I captured through boarding), but I haven't scrapped the other three ships that surrendered so I'm not sure that this is related.
  • In the Commanders window, when clicking on any naval commander (but not any other kinds of commander) in the list on the left, I get a Function 391 error. This has stopped as well, I think after I abandoned all the problematic ships I had captured through boarding, but again I can't be sure these are related.

I'm not sure what I did that led to all these errors. So far nothing has been game-breaking, but I'm not very optimistic about this campaign lasting very long if these errors continue.  :(

Offline Fray

• Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2021, 01:35:31 PM »
The function number: None
The complete error text: No error
The window affected: n/a
What you were doing at the time: Boarding a ship
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Short campaign

Let's say that a ship has had all of its fuel storage damaged, but its engines are ok. Without fuel a ship still technically has normal speed, it just can't execute any move orders it has.

Now let's say you try to board such a ship. Even though it's stationary, the boarding roll still uses the fake "speed" of the target ship, and the boarders get clobbered. The workaround is to access the target ship (requiring a DB edit if the target ship belongs to an NPR) and manually set its fleet speed to zero.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Online xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2021, 04:00:38 AM »
 - So, uh... Fighter-Sized Colony Ships still can't unload colonists without a cargo shuttle station / starport. Longstanding bug, still present in v1.13; I saw it reported somewhere prior for v1.13, but figured I'd confirm it on my game as well. Would really like this one fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Blogaugis

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2021, 05:44:48 AM »
If you use the "Launch Ready Ordnance" command, the mines erroneously disappear immediately (you don't even see them appear on the map even after a 5-second interval) unless a target is already within range, making them unusable as a long-term static defense.

I have found a bug that would fit the behaviour described. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before, but fixed now.

Thank you Steve for fixing this bug!

I do feel compelled to point out that it’s been reported several times, and the workaround has been known for a while as well. I even know of a Youtube series where the author was using mines, and specifically stated that the targeting was broken in the Aurora version he was using, so he would be employing the manual workaround.

And thank you Ancalagon for producing a clear and simple explanation of the bug.

Online xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2021, 02:48:26 PM »
The Transported Items tab in the Ship Overview screen of the fleets window is somewhat buggy. For some reason all the ordnance quantities are doubled. (They're displayed correctly in the Ordnance Template tab.) Also, if you select a parasite craft the display claims that it is carrying two of itself as parasites.

--- With regards to the fighter bug, the fighters in question showed 400 Colonists in their transport holds, despite having only 200 space. The order to "Load Colonists" was given without specifying a maximum.

Offline Norm49

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2021, 11:50:41 PM »
When a tanker ship transfer fuel to a station with a refuelling hub the tanker can end up with is fuel tank in the negative. I not sure I can reproduce this incident. I took a picture.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2021, 05:04:19 AM »
If you refit a ship and replace Beam Fire Directors while weapons are still assigned to the old fire controls all the weapons dissapear from the ship combat display. Fortunatly if you auto assign BFC then the weapons are found

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2021, 02:47:10 PM »
Just got the following sequence of 1.13.0 Function errors  2608 , 222 , 224 , 2339 , all stating "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I had to make quite a number of mouse clicks before the errors disappeared and the game seemed to begin processing orders once more.

Any thoughts on the reason for these errors ?

Are they terminal ?

DavidR

Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, Another New system Discovered

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated around 16 to 20 times but I was eventually able to click through them. 

Database attached.   Noticed that exactly the same sequence has been reported in bugs thread 1.  9.  3. 

P. S.  on Saturday 15 january 2084 the game starts to callculate something and well, wont stop :(

It looks like an error in ground force creation, but I suspect not happening every time or there would be a lot more errors reported. I plan to start a new test campaign soon, so I will try to reproduce then. Thanks for DB attachment but my code has moved on now, so I am at the point where I can't load v1.13 games.

As a followup on these, I have gotten a similar error several times, across multiple versions, and been able to narrow down the circumstances:

It begins with a survey ship surveying an unknown jump point, and there always ends up being an NPR in the system, so I am fairly confident it relates to NPR generation.

It starts with "1.13.0 Function #2608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Then I get the same for #222, #224, #2339, #2608 cycling in that order many, many times, so much I gave up on counting after about 30 cycles and just clicked through. It finally ended with a Function #1654.

Exploring the system showed it had an NPR homeworld with an EM signature of 89,491. At first I thought it had no Thermal signature, but looking closer I found a thermal signature of 8,949 and a ground force signature of 200 tons. No ships were detected at all. I have no idea how this compares to normal generation(other than the apparent lack of ships) but it seems curiously small, perhaps indicating many resources an NPR would normally have didn't spawn.

I can't confirm that this happens 100% of the time on NPR creation, and at the very least pre-start NPR generation seems to work fine, but what's notable is I get this error often. The fact that it happens frequently to me but doesn't appear frequently in bug reports makes me wonder if it only happens on certain computers, perhaps due to a missing library or similar. OTOH, it's not impossible some people get a large succession of these errors and don't report them because it doesn't create any obvious and immediate problems.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 03:58:12 PM by Bremen »

Offline Carthar

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2021, 03:49:47 PM »
Double Colony Entries
This is likely a known bug, but I can't find it when I search for it.

1.  Make a colony via system view window on a body that is occupied (enemy pop or troops work)
2.  Land troops via an orbital drop.
3.  If you then conquer the world you end up with a double entry for that body in the colony summary tab.   

The troops are on one body and the captured pop and installations on the other.
I am able to consistently do this.   No Mods and using a comma separator.   TN start.   Done on both random and real stars.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »
Double Colony Entries
This is likely a known bug, but I can't find it when I search for it.

1.  Make a colony via system view window on a body that is occupied (enemy pop or troops work)
2.  Land troops via an orbital drop.
3.  If you then conquer the world you end up with a double entry for that body in the colony summary tab.   

The troops are on one body and the captured pop and installations on the other.
I am able to consistently do this.   No Mods and using a comma separator.   TN start.   Done on both random and real stars.

Not a bug, this is how conquering an alien colony works. You can move all of the troops from the "old" colony to the "new" colony in the ground forces window and then delete the now-empty old colony.

Offline Norm49

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2021, 10:56:50 PM »
If ship live or join fleet. In my case dock and udnock form a carrier. It reset the speed form the fleet. It happen to men when i was pursuing a invader fleet just out of there weapon range.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2021, 11:39:07 PM »
If ship live or join fleet. In my case dock and udnock form a carrier. It reset the speed form the fleet. It happen to men when i was pursuing a invader fleet just out of there weapon range.

I think this is a case of WAD, but maybe not WAI. The fleet speed is probably reset when new ships join to avoid problems where the fleet speed is greater than the speed of the new ships which could be exploited. However, I think it would be good to add a conditional so this code only triggers if the fleet speed is faster than the speed of the new ships.

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #448 on: July 07, 2021, 11:13:07 AM »
I'm not sure if this really warrants a bug report, but I did find an asteroid which generated inside of its parent star. It also is hotter than the surface temperature of its star would be. I attached the screenshots. It was on version 13.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2021, 10:42:42 PM »
Minor Bug: Renaming a body does not update your Intelligence and Foreign relations screen. So if you discover Alpha Centauri A-I and you find aliens there and decide to rename the planet Alien Planet A-I, all your information in the Intelligence and Foreign relations screen is still under Alpha Centauri for all populations under that race. The system renaming, however, it's working as intended and update throughout the screen across all data.

The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Intelligence and Foreign Relations screen under Known Systems and Populations.
What you were doing at the time: Rename Earth Moon-1 as Luna after creating a new race on Earth.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent, or a one-off? I would say easy. I thought was due to Name Sol Bodies not working properly, but I could reproduce on other games in  different systems.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:48:33 PM by froggiest1982 »