Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21917 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
Auto fleet FC and auto assign FC seem to be broken.

Could you be more specific. Error text, what you did, etc? They are working fine for me.

I had 2 beam fire controls and 8 railguns on each ship. It gave no error text, I just press the button and nothing happens. I will see if I can reproduce later. Later when I tested it with missiles it seemed to work fine.

Make sure you have a ship selected before pressing the button

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:53 AM »
Maintenance vessels in a fleet or in a sub-fleet that are set to "Supply Fleet" don't transfer MSP to the parent fleet.

Are they flagged as supply ships?
I noticed that I am also unable to order a fleet with low MSP to resupply from a fleet that contains supply ships. Haven't been able to transfer MSP from ship to ship at all. Order to resupply from own supplies or the join commands aren't transferring any MSP to ships either

What should I be doing?

Is the supply ship flagged as a supply ship? Does the supply ship have cargo handling systems?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
When dragging units between formations and the popup asking how many ground units you want to move shows, if you click cancel it moves all of them anyway.

You can also enter in -1 rifleman to move, adding -1 riflemen to the other formation and adding an extra one to the original.

Fixed.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »
It is marked as Supply ship and has:
Cargo Shuttle Bay (I think this is the new name of the cargo handling system right?)
Ordnance Transfer System
Refuelling System

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2020, 11:27:40 AM »
You can SM add negative atmosphere.
With SM mode off you can still instant research missile designs.

Fixed.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
When choosing a System Naming Theme that is not actually prefixed with "System Theme" (for example, "Minerals" or "Mountain Names") then newly discovered systems are all given names in alphabetical order from the list.

Is there a way to randomize the chosen system name from this list instead of always going in alphabetical order? Or should I add my own new Naming Theme with a scrambled order?

Scott

« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »
Ground forces have different cost rounding depending on what section of the formation window you are looking at.  An Infantry HQ with size 59,000 in light armor costs, 23. 76.  This displays on the left side as 24, then displays as 23. 8 in the formation element tab.

Offline Agoelia

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:58 AM »

Do you the jump gates have squares around them?

Can you please confirm that is says v1.4 in the Misc tab of the Tactical Map.

No, they do not have squares around them. I thought that feature was yet to be implemented in C#.
Yes, it is 1.4, I am absolutely sure. And it's a new game, not an imported save from 1.3 or earlier.
However,  I just launched a new game, and I can't seem to reproduce the bug myself. At this point I'm starting to believe I might have f* something up in the options, like turning the "jump points all stabilised" off and then on, or starting the game without the option on and adding it later, or something like that, making the bug very hard to reproduce.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:34:24 AM by Agoelia »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:41 AM »
When designing fighter pods the msp of the engine mount for the missile is still counted.

Is this true even with "no engine" checked?

Didn't see that checkbox. This is not the case when you put no engine.

I've added a check so that any pod being clicked also means no engine.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »
After spawning an NPR in Sol on Mars, I am getting this error every construction phase:

Also I have not been able to communicate with any NPR's yet on any 1.x version but I will keep trying maybe they are not making diplo ships or something.

After changing them to hostile I stopped getting this error.

Can you provide the db please.

I'm sorry to say I just checked and it seems like I didn't save the game after closing that test.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2020, 11:40:31 AM »
When opening the game, got an error #1170 "given key was not present in the dictionary".  After opening the game, only Mercury, Earth and 4 asteroids were in, the rest of the bodies vanished.  I had not yet left Sol, but I used Space Master to perform a Geological Survey of the the System.
My only colonies, Io, Luna and Mars, were still empty. 
I have attached the DB.

Its another 'Ruins on Mars' bug. Did you create the ruin manually or were you unaware of the ruins?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2020, 11:46:31 AM »
I have also seen the delete tech/create new tech error pop up
I created an engine, realized I forgot to make the right size, so deleted it, and created a new one. The second one generated the error (didn't see what it was as it just flashed on the screen, saw it was an error message - not the normal tech added to research list). The new engine still showed up as researchable...

Can't reproduce. Can someone provide a step by step with order of windows opened, selections made and buttons pressed?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »
It is working. It is just that the highest priority is zero :)  It probably makes more sense to have higher numbers with higher priority so I will reverse the sort order.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104046;topicseen#msg104046

Actually, I would say that it makes the most sense to present text instead of numbers, perhaps "Highest" through "Normal" to "Lowest".

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:01 AM »
The Economics window auto-updates itself whenever you move time forward a turn (great improvement over VB6!), but the Naval Organization window doesn't. Every turn, you have to click "Refresh" or close/reopen the Naval Org window to get an accurate display.

Naval Org should probably refresh once at the start of every turn.

Every window that refreshes slows down the speed of the game. Events and economics update because they will be very relevant, but naval org is less critical on a increment by increment basis, so I didn't include it.

Offline muzzlehead

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2020, 11:53:29 AM »
1st Observation:

When Refreshing the Tactical Map Window, while survey bodies with a Geological Survey ship, the Minerals Tab on the Tactical Map does not refresh and a window pops up identifying the ship (same as clicking on the ship in the Military Tab on the Tactical Map.  )   

Closing the client and restarting it clears the bug.   

2nd Observation:

When selecting a ship in the Military tab on the Tactical Map, the Map does not center on the selected ship.   Nor does it center, when selecting a body in the Minerals Tab on the Tactical Map, as the Map centers when selecting a body on the All Bodies tab.   

If this is by design obviously not a bug but may I suggest that when selecting an object in all tabs on the Tactical Map, center the Map on that selected object (body or ship).   

I appreciate all your hard work

Thank You
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:58:28 AM by muzzlehead »