Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 24167 times)

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
Re: Bugs report
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2020, 09:16:07 AM »
Actually, that is Working As Intended: the technobabble is something about the more energetic military engines stressing/disrupting the jump so they can't ride with a commercial jump drive, whereas a military model has much higher tolerances and that's why it's so much harder to build, size being equal. (What's the alternative - a software lock that refuses to initiate the jump if it detects a vessel in the squadron is carrying a hangar/1.05HS passive sensor/whatever else, because it would violate the license tier you've payed for?)

Ok, that makes sense.  I've made it like A4X, so that its based off engine class, not vessel class.  I also removed the ship count restriction on non-squadron transits via jump drive.  I was actually not aware that this restriction was for squadron transits only.

Fighters landed in a mothership which is sent for overhaul will enter overhaul themselves, but will never complete their overhaul-you have to give the "abandon overhaul" order to move the vessel again.   I don't remember how it works in Aurora but I suspect they shouldn't enter overhaul at all.   I didn't test parasites of other sizes, just fighters. 

Fixed; Fighters landed in a mothership which is sent for overhaul will no longer overhaul themselves, matching A4X.  Size is not factored into this particular rule.

the game is trying to jump the landed fighters through as though they were launched and just flying in the same TG

Fixed

Terraforming modules aren't affected by terraforming rate tech increases. 

Fixed.  This can be corrected in your game by researching one more tier of terraforming rate. 

The maintenance facilities mineral use estimate in the Industry tab just displays 0s even though I have a bunch of military ships parked in orbit.   Maintenance facilities seem to be using the minerals, they're just not reporting it in the estimate screen. 

Not yet implemented, but it's on my short list.

Orbital habitats don't seem to work quite right.   The colony summary reports a -50% population growth per year, and political stability is decreasing due to overcrowding, but the population is exactly at the OH capacity and isn't changing.   The population growth may be just a display issue but the stability event spam is annoying.

Could not reproduce this with a quick test case.  To save me time would you mind sending the save file where this is occuring to

I can't get a newly-created TF staff to load onto a flag bridge which is in orbit. 

Mobile task forces are still on my list to do. 

Officer sorting ("sort by ability or location") doesn't work for civilian administrators and scientists. 

Fixed

To reproduce the hangar maint life issue, go to the class design tab, click "new", then add at least one of any hangar type to the new vessel.   Maint life will display as 10000.  00.   Adding certain other components (e.  g.   engine, survey sensor) will set the maint life to the expected value, while adding certain others (e.  g.   cargo hold, cryo transport) won't.   A completed vessel will almost always wind up with a component that causes the correct value to display so I guess it's not really a big deal. 

In A4X, the maint life would appear as 0 years for the same ship.  A ship with just a hangar and engineering spaces can be expected to last over 10k years (assuming the math is right), quasar is just capping the calculation at 10k years

Expanding the system map beyond a certain width (such as on a widescreen monitor) extends the left-side toolbar, to the point that it will cover the scale bar in the top left.

Fixed

Overall it looks like Naval Organization may be unfinished, and I don't remember these mechanics very well, so I'm not going to say anything more about it.

It is feature complete so let me know if you find a bug.  Note that I've intentionally made it behave a bit differently than A4X.  I don't remember the details but I believe the main difference is that in Quasar ships can be put in more than one branch.

Version 96 has been pushed with the above fixes.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2020, 01:18:58 PM »
Version 96: "System Generation and Display" screen: creating a new system (from the database) leads to a new system without any bodies - wait, if you switch to the Hierarchy View there is shown a hierarchy, but looking at the "Sun" tab, there is nothing shown there... . This happens also when you don't use known star systems.

Additionally the delete button does nothing. It only leads to a warning when you try to delete the only created system as in: can't delete last system.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/bdKLDvb

I'm getting Crash to Desktop, happen a few times now. I cant seem to make any sense of what is triggering it, it doesn't seems to be something I've done actively just that turn. I can restart the game and everything including most recent action is saved, and the game plays on without any apparent difference.

Here is a screen of the log just after it happened. Not sure where to find a save file that i could attach?

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2020, 05:45:39 PM »
There is a issue with Tankers offloading fuel. I had a tanker offloading 90% of fuel, yet colony show 0 fuel. I have successfully offloaded to other colony's, not sure when its working and when its not.

---

In the "Event update" window, clicking on a event doesn't take you to the location of the event, even when "disable jump to event not ticked"

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/Py237gE

I know this has been reported before but there still seems to be a bug with survey vessels. In this screen i have three survey vessel one is reporting grav survey of the system is done, one is still surveying and one is heading for a survey point that is already surveyed.

I'm running version 96

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2020, 01:25:44 AM »
Version 96: "System Generation and Display" screen: creating a new system (from the database) leads to a new system without any bodies - wait, if you switch to the Hierarchy View there is shown a hierarchy, but looking at the "Sun" tab, there is nothing shown there... . This happens also when you don't use known star systems.

Not every generated system will have bodies, it's the same in Aurora 7.1.  When you're picking from the list of Known Systems, it is somewhat predictable, because system age and primary star type have a big impact on body generation (or lack thereof).  I just generated some really nice looking Proxima Centauri and Alpha Centauri systems.

Additionally the delete button does nothing. It only leads to a warning when you try to delete the only created system as in: can't delete last system.

The 'Delete System' button hasn't been implemented yet, but I've moved it up on my to-do list.

I'm getting Crash to Desktop, happen a few times now. I cant seem to make any sense of what is triggering it, it doesn't seems to be something I've done actively just that turn. I can restart the game and everything including most recent action is saved, and the game plays on without any apparent difference.

Here is a screen of the log just after it happened. Not sure where to find a save file that i could attach?

On Windows, the save file is located at %APPDATA%\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Quasar4x\quasar4x.sqlite

If it's too big to attach here you can send it to

There is a issue with Tankers offloading fuel. I had a tanker offloading 90% of fuel, yet colony show 0 fuel. I have successfully offloaded to other colony's, not sure when its working and when its not.

At this point I'd need a little more info to help pin this down, but I'll make a note of it.

In the "Event update" window, clicking on a event doesn't take you to the location of the event, even when "disable jump to event not ticked"

It works for some events though, right?  Can you paste the exact text of the event, and verify that the thing referenced by the event still exists?  Also not every event comes with jump-to-event information, same as Aurora 7.1, although I do hope to improve that where possible.

I know this has been reported before but there still seems to be a bug with survey vessels. In this screen i have three survey vessel one is reporting grav survey of the system is done, one is still surveying and one is heading for a survey point that is already surveyed.

I'm running version 96

Can you send a save file where this is happening?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »
Not every generated system will have bodies, it's the same in Aurora 7.1.  When you're picking from the list of Known Systems, it is somewhat predictable, because system age and primary star type have a big impact on body generation (or lack thereof).  I just generated some really nice looking Proxima Centauri and Alpha Centauri systems.
That is true. I however thought that "Hierarchy View" and "Sun"-Tab should fit, according to the planets that are "attached" to the sun...  ;D

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2020, 11:09:55 AM »

It works for some events though, right?  Can you paste the exact text of the event, and verify that the thing referenced by the event still exists?  Also not every event comes with jump-to-event information, same as Aurora 7.1, although I do hope to improve that where possible.

I dont think its working for any events. I have testet the last 4 or 5 events in my task list they were:
  • Unrest decresed in system x
    Harvester fuel tanks over 90%full
    Orders complete
    Refueling could not complete
All locations still exists

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »

At this point I'd need a little more info to help pin this down, but I'll make a note of it.

Here is a save where i just offloaded fuel from the Fleet TK Delete to planet Kristina III. Planet still says 0 fuel. I think you can reproduce by OB creating a tanker of same class and offload 90% fuel to colony Kristina III

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2020, 11:23:12 AM »

I'm running version 96

I've played on from these two, will safe a file when i can reproduce.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »
I believe there used to be a +/- indication of the last change in wealth in the top of the window. As of right now my game shows just an empty ()

---

https://imgur.com/a/3qXMPcX

These two ships claims low fuel, but fleet window says 100% fuel. This is the first time I encounter this. The issue resolved when i sets speed to max speed instead of speed 1. There is some issue when you detach ships from another fleet that have max speed=1 they keep this speed instead of going to there max speed. (IE. there two ship were put into Earth SY taskgroup when created, this taskgroup also hold a newly created ship without engine therefor the SY tastgroup have movement of 0, when i create a new group they keep the speed at 0)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:26:19 PM by Gram123 »

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »
Here are some for v96.     
Part of me wants to stop reporting so you won't have any distractions from the next feature additions, but I keep playing and noticing weird things.     

System map sidebar "Minerals" tab -> "Show Mineral Concentrations" displays mineral concentrations on unsurveyed bodies.     

Sidebar width issue not fixed, my monitor is "only" 1920x1080 and expanding the system map all the way across turns the sidebar into a pretty big obscuration (completely covers scale bar).      Sidebar width could probably just be constrained to the default value as nothing is gained by letting it be wider.     

LPs can display the wrong LP# in the "select destination" window which comes up when you click intra-system jump from another LP.      For instance, if you have a 2-LP system, and you select LP1->Intra-system jump, in the resulting "select destination" window LP2 will be erroneously labeled as LP1.     

Choosing to replace an commander by selecting "ok" on the "Do you wish to replace him/her" dialog resets the Commanders screen as though you closed and reopened it.      As in, if you replace a ground forces commander, as soon as you click "ok" the Commanders screen will reset to Naval Officers, lowest rank selected, no officer selected.      The commander does get replaced, but it's very annoying for mass-replacing.     

Naval commanders don't get skill upgrades by performing their duty as they did in Aurora.      For example, officers assigned to vessels conducting surveying or constructing jump gates would rapidly gain survey and factory production skill, respectively.      Right now the only way to train an officer in a skill like survey or logistics is to assign them to the appropriate TF staff position.      I've created a dozen otherwise useless TFs for this reason.     

Cancelling research projects can still result in the project being duplicated in the research list.      I haven't noticed any factors as to why sometimes they get duplicated and sometimes they don't.     

"Projected Usage" in the industry tab can display negative values.      My neutronium projected usage is at -39 right now.      If this is somehow intended, I apologize.     

Vessels in overhaul can still suffer maintenance failures.     

The "fuel situation" window displays mx spares as the vessel's maximum value, not the actual remaining.     

Homeworld geological survey always fails on the first construction interval.      In Aurora the homeworld geological survey would proceed as any other with normal failure or success rates.     

Deployment time <3 months is not a criteria for military vessel classification as in Aurora.     

In the title bar of the Population and Production screen, the change in wealth since previous increment displays nothing "()" if the change was negative.      This was also reported in the post above mine.     

The default order "build closest jump gate", when finding that the closest jump gate is outside the system, halts and reports that all movement orders have been rescinded.     .     .      but they don't get taken out of the orders list so the constructor starts acting on them on the next increment anyway.    I've tried this several more times but can't recreate it.   

In the naval organization tab if you add vessels to a branch under a different TF, then "Create Task Groups / Land Parasite" -> "Ship Only (Branch only etc)" on that ship or branch, the newly created TG should be part of the appropriate TF (evidenced in the top-left dropdown).      All my TGs are still assigned to the starter TF, no matter how I create them or try to move them.     

Three new ones post-edit:

Maximum speed in a nebula is as though the vessel has only one level of armor, regardless of how many levels it has.    I refit a bunch of survey vessels with extra armor in order to fight through a high-level nebula but they still move at the same speed.   

Clicking the "all projects" radio button in the research screen locks out adding/queueing research projects until Quasar is closed and restarted.   

Minimum Jump Engine Size techs after the first one (size 15, the one you have to research to build jump drives) don't do anything.  They're supposed to reduce the minimum engine size that allows squadron jumps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:44:20 PM by kyonkundenwa »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »

Here is a save where i just offloaded fuel from the Fleet TK Delete to planet Kristina III. Planet still says 0 fuel. I think you can reproduce by OB creating a tanker of same class and offload 90% fuel to colony Kristina III

Tankers are built with only 10% of fuel in them. Immediately giving them "Unload 90%" order will not achieve anything, they must be filled up first.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2020, 06:57:41 PM »

I'm running version 96

I've played on from these two, will safe a file when i can reproduce.

https://imgur.com/a/5l66JFW

So logs says Grav of Grenå is complete. Yet there are two unsurveyed, and Agricourt 002 and 006 seems to wanna survey the same point...

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2020, 09:05:41 AM »
There doesn't seem to be any negative effects of being in negative wealth. I believe in Aurora there is some limitation on building new ships and constructions (?) when in negative wealth ?

In task group screen, when using "Show all pops" and creating orders into other systems, the route planner doesn't seems to use LP shortcuts when that would create a shorter line. I'm not sure how this works in aurora.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:24:00 AM by Gram123 »