Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40647 times)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2020, 06:01:10 AM »
Quote from: adriaans link=topic=10636. msg121570#msg121570 date=1586771043
. . . Not a bug, but there is no option for my freighters to only pick up a specific amount of installations, they will grab as much as their cargo can hold, so I cannot pick up just 1 if it can hold 10. 

Haven't tested it yet, but there is a Maximum Items field in the bottom left of the "movement orders" field
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:08:42 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2020, 06:05:20 AM »
My apologies if this has been posted earlier, but reading 24 pages didn't tempt me more than playing.. :-)

It seems like excessively using the "Update Armor" during ship design can cause some problems. I used it to min-max the number of fuel tanks I could fit on a jump capable grav survey ship. When I opened the first jump point with this ship, the size of the ship jumped from just shy of 9000 tonnes (my jump drive capacity) to just over. I'm not sure if the design was locked or not when this happened, but you can still use the "Update Armor" button even if the ship design is locked. And it jumps a bit up and down every time I press it. Pressing the button doesn't affect the tonnage of my ships though, only the number displayed on the ship design screen. 

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2020, 06:12:19 AM »
When designing a new Grav Survey Ship, I created a Military Jump Drive with squadron jump 3, capacity 5,000 tons. I put it on the Grav Survey Ship, then started adding various size fuel tanks until the GSV reached 5,000 tons. As soon as it hit 5,000, I got a design warning that the jump drive was too small for the ship size. I had to reduce the ship size below 5,000 tons to make the warning go away.
Likely because the tonnage keeps changing.

Marc, not sure what you meant by that, but a Jump Engine with 5000 ton capability should be able to jump a 5000 ton ship. I spawned a copy of the design when it was 5000 tons, and tried to transit it through a jump point. I still get the "there is no jump drive capable of of allowing the fleet's military-engined ships to enter the jump point."

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2020, 06:15:29 AM »
'Unload installation' does not pop up until the transport is actually loaded, meaning you cannot queue up load/unload orders.

I'm using "Unload all installations" for this. If you have multiple types of cargo that's going different places, you could then load them on again (inefficient ofc., but it should work if you have at least 1 of the item on the target body). Also, if you have different types of cargo going different places a better solution would probably be to divide your TG into multiple TGs.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2020, 06:15:36 AM »
When designing a new Grav Survey Ship, I created a Military Jump Drive with squadron jump 3, capacity 5,000 tons. I put it on the Grav Survey Ship, then started adding various size fuel tanks until the GSV reached 5,000 tons. As soon as it hit 5,000, I got a design warning that the jump drive was too small for the ship size. I had to reduce the ship size below 5,000 tons to make the warning go away.
Likely because the tonnage keeps changing.

Marc, not sure what you meant by that, but a Jump Engine with 5000 ton capability should be able to jump a 5000 ton ship. I spawned a copy of the design when it was 5000 tons, and tried to transit it through a jump point. I still get the "there is no jump drive capable of of allowing the fleet's military-engined ships to enter the jump point."

There seems to be a bug with ship sizes. It shows that it has for example 5000 tons, but in reality it is a bit bigger. I have similar problem where 5000t shipyard is unable to build 5000t ship.

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2020, 06:17:30 AM »
The problem you're having is likely that the exact size is slightly higher than what the size in tonnes shows (the screenshot above is cropped so that the full exact size isn't shown). See "Exact size" in the top-right of the ship design window.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2020, 06:39:46 AM »
Here's another minor one: WISE 0855-0714 is showing up as WISE 08550714 on the galaxy map.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2020, 06:54:57 AM »
The options to have Sol surveyed at game start don't appear to work, I selected both to get into the swing of things quickly and it threw up an error about undefined distance. The game was still created but Sol is definitely not surveyed

Fixed.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2020, 06:55:19 AM »
And I've started getting a null reference error from both function #2931 and #2193 on every 5-day increment (yes, I double-checked both numbers).

As a software engineer, these error messages would drive me nuts. There are no stack traces, and they're all just generic "null reference" errors. I'd catch them and replace them with more descriptive errors. They could still be fairly vague if you want, but I'm sure all of these functions have more than one variable that could be null when something goes wrong in them; some distinctiveness would help you and might help us as well.

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2020, 07:02:37 AM »
The game does not appear to remember academy comanders.  It is also unclear what they do, if someone could enlighten me.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2020, 07:07:35 AM »
"Function #1507: Object reference not set to an instance of a an object" at race creation for a new game if you check "Auto-Assign Tech Points", it also makes it so your race title and short name aren't used.

Fixed.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2020, 07:11:49 AM »
The game does not appear to remember academy comanders.  It is also unclear what they do, if someone could enlighten me.

If think the game does, it's just terrible at letting you know. The guy I gave the job to has it still, and it seems to have the correct effect, but have not done extensive testing on it.
But the job isn't removed from available jobs, so...

As to what it's supposed to do. It chances distribution of type of leaders. So put a scientist in charge and you'll get more scientist and weighted towards his expertise as well.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2020, 07:19:05 AM »
CIWS Do not seem to appear in ship Class designer even if you have designed and researched those

Edit. So after closing the whole game (I changed the long date format) looks like CIWS category is now visible to me in the ship Class designer
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:29:34 AM by Doren »

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2020, 07:19:52 AM »
When I'm trying to research Beam Fire Controls, they're showing up in different areas. Beam Fire Control R96-TS9000 is an Energy Weapons item, while Beam Fire Control R192-TS9000 is a Sensors and Control Systems item. I haven't researched them yet, but the costs seem correct for both.

Also, I'm seeing weird things with turret prototypes. The first one I tried to make wouldn't show up in either the prototype list or the research options list. The second one I tried to make (with the same name and stats) I clicked Prototype, and it shows up in the component options list as though it's already researched. And I don't have Spacemaster on, so I don't have an Instant button that I could have clicked.

[Possibly intended] When I set a ship to survey as its primary standing order and refuel as its secondary, when it runs out of things to survey and goes home to refuel, it sends an "Orders Assigned" event every single tick, even after it arrives home. Changing the secondary standing order to No Orders fixes this.
This is intended. Leave secondary order empty and use Conditional order for refueling instead.

I have that on too. I used Refuel as a stand-in for "head back to a base and wait there if you can't survey any more".

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2020, 07:37:49 AM »
Conventional start: The "Compressed Fuel Storage System - Small" is available from the start.