Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40695 times)

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:31 AM »
Function:1126 insuficient memory
Im getting this now.  Was hard to even open the game and i got this after trying to make a custom game based on sol.

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:59 AM »
Seeing an odd issue with Training Admin Commands.

I have a Training Command directly subordinate to the Main Fleet Command, with the idea being that new fleets would be moved into this to get their Fleet Training level up, then be moved into the Patrol or Naval Admin Commands as needed.

However, any fleet assigned to the Training Admin Command seems to burn through its fuel in hours/days. I presume theyre meant to use fuel as part of their 'fleet training exercises', but the ships involved had 100+ day endurances and tore through their stores in only a day give or take. So most likely there is something going wrong with the calculation here.

Offline scoopdjm

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:27 AM »
Hi

First of all C# is looking awesome Steve, thank you!

Secondly I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but is it intended for moons (specifically) under 4000km--possibly ALL moons actually to never generate minerals? Maybe I'm missing something, but since ship base geological surveys dont generate a mineral report and moons under the threshold can't have a ground unit generate survey points for it, I don't know what else to do in this case.

I did get minerals to generate on a moon, but it appears to still be extremely rare--again I'm not sure if this is intended as a scarcity motivator or it's a bug?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:46:59 AM by scoopdjm »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2020, 08:37:07 AM »
1) hitting the Avaliable/Completed/Exc. Start buttons in the Research screen doesn't actually do anything so i can't tell what my tech points were actually spent on.

Fixed.

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2020, 08:40:32 AM »
Some survey ships may ignore conditional orders to refuel.
Example, a survey ship at 37% fuel continues to follow it's primary standing order of "survey next five system bodies" even with the conditional order of "if fuel less than 50%, refuel from colony or hub (all)."

Only seems to happen with that standing order. Changing to "Survey nearest body" forces the ship to follow the conditional order.

Correction, seems to happen with both of the standing orders.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:44:22 AM by Kiks »

Offline bowman

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:20 AM »
This may be related to the Design Philosophy button (as I had clicked it when I first started this campaign and it might simply be having extended effects some 20 years further in).  If it is, apologies, as I'm aware the button shouldn't be visible and all but on the off chance this resulted from something else I figure I'll mention it.
I've been researching and building up just fine, have a set of ground units which I designed and built a few years ago but I suddenly got an interruption event for an entire set of Infantry-based units which I never designed (nor designated to be researched, as they didn't exist to me. . ) having completed research.
Checking my ground unit formation templates tab, I can see I now have what the completed research events suggested:
INF Anti-Air Team
INF Anti-Tank Team
INF Infantry
INF Infantry HQ
INF Resupply Infantry

These appear to have the strength that would be expected from my own empire's racial tech level.  I assume they're from an NPR having designed them but it's unclear to me how they ended up being researched into my empire.  It may be worth noting I set 1 NPR to be created at game-start and have yet to transit any jump points out of Sol.  As mentioned, this seems like it might just be related to having clicked the "Design Philosophy" button 20 game years ago but even in that case it's odd to me that it suddenly dumped more designs on me now, especially given I have had the requisite infantry tech for quite a while now.

Including the Database save when the research events occurred.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2020, 08:46:19 AM »
This may be related to the Design Philosophy button (as I had clicked it when I first started this campaign and it might simply be having extended effects some 20 years further in).  If it is, apologies, as I'm aware the button shouldn't be visible and all but on the off chance this resulted from something else I figure I'll mention it.
I've been researching and building up just fine, have a set of ground units which I designed and built a few years ago but I suddenly got an interruption event for an entire set of Infantry-based units which I never designed (nor designated to be researched, as they didn't exist to me. . ) having completed research.
Checking my ground unit formation templates tab, I can see I now have what the completed research events suggested:
INF Anti-Air Team
INF Anti-Tank Team
INF Infantry
INF Infantry HQ
INF Resupply Infantry

These appear to have the strength that would be expected from my own empire's racial tech level.  I assume they're from an NPR having designed them but it's unclear to me how they ended up being researched into my empire.  It may be worth noting I set 1 NPR to be created at game-start and have yet to transit any jump points out of Sol.  As mentioned, this seems like it might just be related to having clicked the "Design Philosophy" button 20 game years ago but even in that case it's odd to me that it suddenly dumped more designs on me now, especially given I have had the requisite infantry tech for quite a while now.

Including the Database save when the research events occurred.

Happens when Civilians starts a mining colony. I assume they need a small defense force, so they tech it for you.
Not certain we are supposed to get access to those designs or not
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #397 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »
Mineral production from conventional industry is a tenth what it should be.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #398 on: April 13, 2020, 08:55:34 AM »
Formations with multiple HQs don't seem to stack.  Not sure if this is a visual bug or a feature.

Working as Intended. Only highest HQ counts.

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel, Doren

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #399 on: April 13, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
LG Infrastructure may not work:
I have a astroid (Schaumasse) with CC 6. 9 LG and 580 LG Inf.  It has a population of 0. 1m and a alleged capacity of 0. 84m.  Yet it complains about overpopulation.  Political stab mod sank to 1%.

Offline bombastico

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #400 on: April 13, 2020, 09:03:20 AM »
When I clcik "New ship class" in "Class design" tab, wahtever class is selected, tha ame create a new "Cruiser" class.
One the design is completed, it is impossible to build a new ship from "Economics - Shipyards" tab.
The only way I can build ship it's only using instant build under "Class design - Miscellanous" tab.

It is me or it is a bug?

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #401 on: April 13, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »
Version 1.0

Really weird bug noticed across 3 fresh starts, for some reason the conditional orders of:

"If Supply Points Less than xx% -> Resupply at Colony" do not work as either primary or secondary conditions.

Refuelling conditionals work fine, and my homeworlds in all 3 starts have more than sufficient capacity to support the ships in question and plenty of supplies in storage.

To further try pinpoint the problem cause I have tried using conditionals such as:

"If Supply Points Less than xx% -> Begin Overhaul at Colony", and those conditional triggers when the ships MSP drops below the target % as would be expected, which suggests something is causing my homeworld to not register as a valid destination for my ships to resupply with the conditional orders.

Manually giving my ships the order to resupply at my homeworld works fine, and the ships fully load up on maintenance supplies.

Below is my homeworld details, ship conditionals and so forth:

And the ship details & Conditional orders

Edit: Attached my DB as well in case it helps pinpoint any weirdness.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:20:18 AM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
When I clcik "New ship class" in "Class design" tab, wahtever class is selected, tha ame create a new "Cruiser" class.
One the design is completed, it is impossible to build a new ship from "Economics - Shipyards" tab.
The only way I can build ship it's only using instant build under "Class design - Miscellanous" tab.

It is me or it is a bug?

I've seen some of this behaviour. New ships always default to the Cruiser class. If you change the class, it won't update in the Class Design window immediately, but if you close and re-open, it'll show up in the right place.

I can build ships properly, FWIW. Remember to check the basics - make sure that the class design is legal and locked, make sure you have a shipyard of the appropriate type(military/commercial) and size, and retool the shipyard to build the ship class.

The following users thanked this post: bombastico

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #403 on: April 13, 2020, 09:10:44 AM »
Repeat orders does lacks amout of repeats number box, civilian contracts do not decrease the amout of goods in the contract leading to infinite amouts of goods being transported.

Fixed civilian contracts.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf, adriaans

Offline Veneke

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #404 on: April 13, 2020, 09:12:20 AM »
Got a lengthy loop of Function #1414: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal. It eventually cleared by clicking enter enough.

The error was thrown when a ship blew up due to lack of maintenance. I had left it stuck out there with dwindling maintenance supplies. The last event logs I have for it were that the Crew Quarters (possibly the last one on the ship?) failed, there were 0 maintenance supplies remaining, and the rate at which time passes for deployment due to overcrowding was 5,806.44x.

The ship launched lifepods with survivors according to the event log. I can't see them, or the wreck, though on the tactical map. They are listed on the Naval Organisation screen when lifepods or wrecks is selected though. When I tried to send a ship to their location through the Naval Organisation screen it kept throwing other errors: Function #917: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal and once Function #1618: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

Removing the ship's orders to try and get to the lifepods cleared the error.

The following users thanked this post: adriaans