Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40716 times)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »
Mineral production from conventional industry is a tenth what it should be.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
The Technology "Refueling System: 100.000 LPH" reveals all higher Refueling System techs (125.000 LPH and upward)

Same with these techs:
- Maintenance Production: all revealed from 43 MSP onward to 80, then 100 is only revealed after 80 is researched
- Max Tracking Time for Bonus vs Missiles: all revealed from 200 sec upward after research of 150 sec

All fixed.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2020, 12:13:28 PM »
Formations with multiple HQs don't seem to stack.  Not sure if this is a visual bug or a feature.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »
The "Colonies Window" (economic window) will occasionally stop opening.    A option to open it will appear on the taskbar but hovering over it shows only white.    Clicking on it does nothing, and saving and exiting does nothing to fix it.    This is the 2nd time this has happened and I think its has something to do with opening another browser (like chrome) while in the colonies window.    Only fix I know is to get a new game going.

I can't recreate this one. If anyone has a consistent way to create the bug, please let me know.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2020, 12:15:16 PM »
Almost certainly related to what someone else observed with the 'Filter Asteroids by minerals only' on the system map, it seems the System Generation and Display window has god vision when using filters like 'With minerals'. It completely ignores survey state and just lists everything that will have minerals from the looks.

Sorry, update on this. After sending my survey ship to confirm some of the targets had minerals it looks like the window isn't actually filtering to only show minerals even, not really sure what's going on with it now.

Maybe I am simply missing something here?

Edit: Nevermind, just realised the filters are only for Moons/Asteroids/Comets. There's nothing for planets, I'd mistakenly thought the old "Filter minerals only" option had be consolidated into the first filter options.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:17:50 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Lemmingwave

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg121157#msg121157 date=1586711187
Quote from: Lemmingwave link=topic=10636. msg121136#msg121136 date=1586709666
The "Events Window" in my game does not show any events. 

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10637. 0

sorry if i was not clear.  I saw the previus post about event postings in the main window.  What i mean is in the specific event window i do not see updates.  I only see first update on commander assignments but it does not updated with subsequent events.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2020, 12:21:21 PM »
Not sure if I missed this as an update/feature or it's a bug but it seems you can teleport freshly made ships to your fleet by moving the fleet while the ship is building.

Fixed.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
Mineral production from conventional industry is a tenth what it should be.

One Con Ind is supposed to be one-tenth of a mine.  To be clear, you're saying you're seeing 100 CI = 1 Mine?

Offline chippydip

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • c
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »
It seems like CI is generating WAY less minerals than it should be.  In a typical VB6 conventional game I usually start by converting ~10% of CI to factories to get roughly double the construction capacity as mining capacity since two or more types of minerals are used in most construction.  When attempting this in C# I quick ran out of minerals, taking a closer look at the mining screen the summary at the bottom seemed correct with 9775 CI and a 20% governor giving 11730 total prod, but production for 1. 0 accessibility minerals above was only 1752 (~15% of expected).  I quickly switched to convert 100 CI to mines and they listed the expected 10x base production and indeed raised the listed mineral production by about 1200.  Factory output doesn't *seem* to suffer from this additional penalty based on listed prod rate, completion date, and mineral consumption rate.  Effectively this means that while CI is worth 10% of a regular factory, it's only worth ~1. 5% of a regular mine which means mining and production are way out of balance.  For a default conventional start this may not be a huge deal because the starting stockpile can last long enough to get some mines converted but when bumping up the starting pop it definitely makes it hard to keep even the production from CI fed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »
Trying to use "enter jump point" in system view gives me Function 3102 error and does not enter the jump point.

I can't reproduce this. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Offline kalodsun

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
Set up a 2 player races scenario on Earth (both conventional) with autogenerated ground forces
SM-ed in some formations, ran several construction phases without problem
After setting the USSR as hostile in the Intelligence window (for the USA) the first construction cycle causes "Function #1554: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Sometimes also get infinite popups of "Function #2147: The given key was not present in the dictionary"
If they don't happen, further time advancement causes "Function #1555: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Attached the database with the save causing this

EDIT: It is enough to create 2 player races on earth and set one of them as hostile to the other in the Intelligence window.  Doesn't matter if TN or conventional, or if they have any forces
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:49:54 PM by kalodsun »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
Earth Mineral deposits cannot be changed on the New Game screen.

The following users thanked this post: HighTemplar

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2020, 12:30:41 PM »
I'm hearing people in Discord say that at some point, something goes wrong with their saves that prevents them from opening the economics window, which pretty much ends the game right there. One such save file can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12lCqGR5gA7oNw43Vn0XzCnlNq6sE5gGz/view

The following users thanked this post: HighTemplar

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
There seems to be a disconnect between gravitational survey points and jump points discovered from the survey. Not sure this is intentional as it really is quite a distance gap.

For reference my fleet in the below screenshot is at the same location as the grav survey point they just finished. The jump point they discovered is JP1. Same has happened for both of the other jump points they've uncovered.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 12:36:26 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Diamondback556

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=10636. msg121182#msg121182 date=1586712641
I'm hearing people in Discord say that at some point, something goes wrong with their saves that prevents them from opening the economics window, which pretty much ends the game right there.  One such save file can be found here: https://drive. google. com/file/d/12lCqGR5gA7oNw43Vn0XzCnlNq6sE5gGz/view

I'm RifleBen on discord, this is my save.  Previously shortly after I made my first ship the Naval Organization window wouldn't open any more.  I tried backing up the save, reinstalling, and reloading the save and the issue continued.

I reverted the save, and now after playing for 30min or so I designed my first engine and clicked create a research project.  Now the econ window won't open, that's where this save is at.