Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40735 times)

Offline AlitarSemiramis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 13, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
In the industry tab, Up Queue and Down queue sometimes don't work.  One repro:

- Queue 10 things (so they are marked Queue C1, Queue C2. . .  Queue C10).
- Delete items marked as Queue C6 and Queue C7.
- Try to move an item lower up.  So for example the item in Queue C10 up.
- It will move up to Queue C8, but not more than that.

Screenshot attached.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2020, 09:13:29 AM »
Three new bugs:

My game is crashing every time i use the extended orbit (when the fleet complete the order).  The save : https://drive. google. com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing  (look for frigate patrol orders)

Training fuel consumption seems to be broken, at least for me.  I think it should be using 10% of maximum fuel usage if not moving when in a training naval command, but the fleet is burning its fuel at an incredible rate (tanker empty in a few days, while the fleet can move for months in a standard Admin command).  That happens every the save I uploaded, if it's not happening to others

I had some duplicating ships when drag and droping fleet in naval organization.  That happened twice in a ten years game, i can't give steps to reproduce it but maybe someone had the same issues.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
I'm getting "Function #2096: Attempted to divide by zero. " often when I move time forward, I haven't seen any resolution for that yet.   

Also related to the event days not sticking it looks like the Text color on the events page also does not stick after I close and re open the game.

Any chance you created a task to build a formation with no elements?

Offline bombastico

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #408 on: April 13, 2020, 09:15:56 AM »
Quote from: Alsadius link=topic=10636. msg121683#msg121683 date=1586787020

I can build ships properly, FWIW.  Remember to check the basics - make sure that the class design is legal and locked, make sure you have a shipyard of the appropriate type(military/commercial) and size, and retool the shipyard to build the ship class.

that was the problem! Thank you!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2020, 09:16:02 AM »
I can research jump engines (self only) smaller than size 12 before researching 'Minimum jump engine size - 12' tech.
Don't know if it is a bug.  Or that the tech allows for squadron jumps below size 12.

Minimum size is for non-self engines.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #410 on: April 13, 2020, 09:18:00 AM »
Unloading troops on a planet deletes them if the planet wasn't a colony.  Maybe automatically make it a colony when troops are unloaded?

To avoid bugs there is no auto-create colony function in C#. All colonies have to be created manually. How did you unload troops without a colony?

The following users thanked this post: Z3d10uS

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #411 on: April 13, 2020, 09:19:27 AM »
Unloading troops on a planet deletes them if the planet wasn't a colony.  Maybe automatically make it a colony when troops are unloaded?

To avoid bugs there is no auto-create colony function in C#. All colonies have to be created manually. How did you unload troops without a colony?

I loaded the troops from Earth then selected Mars and gave the unload troops command.

Edit: attached image. I'm guessing the unload all ground units is not supposed to be visible?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:23:34 AM by RagnarVaren »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #412 on: April 13, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »
How can you tell if a character has been successfully flagged as a story character?
I know there is a check box but when I checked it it shows the check for every character and when I reopen the officer menu its unchecked for everyone.

This is a copy paste from the questions thread as someone pointed out it might actually be a bug.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2020, 09:23:24 AM »
I created a new game, and ignored a couple errors after race creation (can't remember them).  I did edit some race characteristics when I made it.
Now about 5 months in, and I'm getting several dozen "Function #1414: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " errors per time increment.  If I click or enter through them, I still could technically play the game, since I can't find what's causing the error and things seem to be behaving otherwise normally as far as I can tell.
On a Win7 machine.  I tried to replicate the bug, and turning off the real systems in game creation seemed to create the same game generation errors while changing or not changing the race seems not to, but I have not yet managed to replicate the 1414 errors.  I now recall that in my first game I tried to SM add some military academies to my homeworld (to seemingly no effect), so that may or may not be related.

#1414 is related to movement of fleets.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
The Update Armor button appears to work on Locked classes.

Fixed.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »
Refitting a ship doesn't remove it from the dropdown of available ships.

Offline Cyborg29

• Leading Rate
« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2020, 09:28:32 AM »
I'm having issues tugging a ship with the structural shell armor type. I've designed the following two components that should attach together and act as a single ship:

However, i have noticed that there is no option to manually attach tugs like there was in VB6 or to see if two ships are linked (if there is i must have missed it somewhere), and even by attaching the tractor beam by splitting fleets and targeting another's specific ship the resulting ship/fleet's maximum speed is of 1 km/s. Note that the tractor beam is mounted on the structural shell module, which might be relevant.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
Built component with industry.
Built new ship using said component (Checkbox was selected)

Stockpile stayed the same (during construction and after completion of ship)

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:16 AM »
for when the RNG gives your new empire a whole lot of Ny-Ghurrs, and not a single Mu-Thron.

LOL

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »
I'm getting "Function #2096: Attempted to divide by zero. " often when I move time forward, I haven't seen any resolution for that yet.   

Also related to the event days not sticking it looks like the Text color on the events page also does not stick after I close and re open the game.

Any chance you created a task to build a formation with no elements?

I've been getting the same bug since before I started building ground units.