Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40654 times)

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2020, 10:05:41 AM »
I've terraformed Luna but it still needs infrastructure...

Attached are pictures

You have more than 30% oxygen.

I figured that out eventually and it worked.

Could you give some hints on what gases do what? Is there anyway to lower temperature?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2020, 10:06:33 AM »
The obsolete and rename buttons do not work on the tech overview tab.

They seem to be working fine. Did you have a technology selected?

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #437 on: April 13, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Deleting a save in the games window deletes all the saves at the same time. This was on a conventional random stars game about 30 years in.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #438 on: April 13, 2020, 10:06:56 AM »
Scrapping ships.

The drop-down menu for scrapping ships does not automatically update when you give an order to a shipyard to scrap a ship. This is identical to VB6 behaviour but in the Changes list this was supposed to be changed so that it is no longer possible to have multiple slipways scrapping the same ship.

Fixed.

Hi Steve, the same thing is happening with refitting ships.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2020, 10:07:21 AM »
Could you give some hints on what gases do what? Is there anyway to lower temperature?

Read the terraforming changes in the Changes List thread, it'll give you a much better understanding of the whole process.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #440 on: April 13, 2020, 10:09:07 AM »
Ships leaving their shipyard will join instantly their task force, even if the fleet left the planet. 

Also, fleets are visible even when they contains no ship, wich was not the case in VB6.

Hope you're not overwhelmed Steve, that's a big amount of bugs reported in a few hours.  Take your time, the game is still frakking awesome and it's a miracle we encounter no game breaking bugs.  Nice work, and thanks!

Both fixed.

Not overwhelmed, thanks :). I expected a lot of minor bugs and I am working my way through them.

The following users thanked this post: Kof, serger, Alsadius, Zhatelier

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »
After clicking an event in the event viewer that opens another window, the event viewer ends up on top.

The correct window open then the event window jumps in front again.
Not tried with every event type, but both Ship build, and colony unrest worked this way.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
The obsolete and rename buttons do not work on the tech overview tab.

They seem to be working fine. Did you have a technology selected?

I'm having issues with all beam type weapons on tech tab. Though might be related to the fact that I have pressed the "Design Philosophy" button.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2020, 10:21:50 AM »
Attempting to refit a ship to a ship of the same class (ie Cruiser Mk l -> Cruiser Mk 1) results in a
divide by 0 error.  The slipway is then considered unavailable but no task is made.  Incrementing time
after this point results in a divide by 0 error each increment.  The divide by 0 error continues to occur
each time increment even after deleting the shipyard - breaking the game.

Same class should not be available to refit. Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2020, 10:26:04 AM »
The ship designer doesn't seem to recognize plasma carronades as energy weapons. If you have carronades, you don't get a warning for insufficient reactor power, and it complains that you have beam fire control without beam weapons. I haven't tested to see if plasma carronades actually work in practice.
Related to this, since carronades aren't recognized as energy weapons, they do not provide PPV, at least in class design. The protection value is, however, calculated correctly outside the class design.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
Here's a weird one: Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

From a quick search it appears that this kind of error message shows up when it can't load a .NET component. However, why would this pop up after the game is loaded? Surely it's loaded all of those things already during startup?

The current install doesn't include the .NET libraries. I'll create a full install program that does that as well.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »
This might be less of a bug and more of a suggestion, but I've found Future Prototypes to be more trouble than they're worth. I created some and used them to build a ship class; that part worked great. However, even once I researched the tech the prototypes were based on, the prototypes were still classified as FP. This prevents you from researching them and then building the ship class. I ended up recreating the techs as non-prototype techs and then modifying the class to use those versions instead.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #447 on: April 13, 2020, 10:32:41 AM »
Here's a weird one: Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.Entity.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

From a quick search it appears that this kind of error message shows up when it can't load a .NET component. However, why would this pop up after the game is loaded? Surely it's loaded all of those things already during startup?

The current install doesn't include the .NET libraries. I'll create a full install program that does that as well.

That's true, but note that this happened randomly in the middle of a game; I already had .NET available. It shouldn't need to load any libraries during a turn, should it? I've never programmed in .NET, but I would be surprised if that were the expected behavior.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #448 on: April 13, 2020, 10:33:41 AM »
And I've started getting a null reference error from both function #2931 and #2193 on every 5-day increment (yes, I double-checked both numbers).

As a software engineer, these error messages would drive me nuts. There are no stack traces, and they're all just generic "null reference" errors. I'd catch them and replace them with more descriptive errors. They could still be fairly vague if you want, but I'm sure all of these functions have more than one variable that could be null when something goes wrong in them; some distinctiveness would help you and might help us as well.

They are errors in populating the eligible ships into a dropdown for shipyard tasks.

Offline steili

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »
When I clcik "New ship class" in "Class design" tab, wahtever class is selected, tha ame create a new "Cruiser" class.
One the design is completed, it is impossible to build a new ship from "Economics - Shipyards" tab.
The only way I can build ship it's only using instant build under "Class design - Miscellanous" tab.

It is me or it is a bug?

Have you retooled the shipyard to the class? Remember that vessels designated as military has to be built at military shipyards. Also make sure your shipyards are big enough for your design.