Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 58569 times)

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2020, 03:44:06 PM »
Refueling Options.  Can we get a tankers start with 10% fuel and unload 90% fuel option.  Some partial refuel orders would also help, though that can be accomplished by running short time intervals.  I still cant figure out a good way to have a tanker leave a planet, move to a sorium harvester, refuel (that works) then unload at a planet.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »
Refueling Options.  Can we get a tankers start with 10% fuel and unload 90% fuel option.  Some partial refuel orders would also help, though that can be accomplished by running short time intervals.  I still cant figure out a good way to have a tanker leave a planet, move to a sorium harvester, refuel (that works) then unload at a planet.

Here's a working design : Helios class Sorium Harverster      39 791 tons       190 Crew       662.8 BP       TCS 796    TH 128    EM 0
160 km/s      Armour 1-103       Shields 0-0       HTK 86      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 10    Max Repair 32.000 MSP
Captain (JG)    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   
Fuel Harvester: 14 modules producing 784 000 litres per annum

Commercial Improved Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP128.00 (1)    Power 128.0    Fuel Use 7.07%    Signature 128.00    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 1 050 000 Litres    Range 66.8 billion km (4833 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50 000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 21 hours

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

And tanker :

Hephaestus class Tanker      19 549 tons       110 Crew       561.6 BP       TCS 391    TH 1 280    EM 0
3273 km/s      Armour 1-64       Shields 0-0       HTK 41      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 17    Max Repair 80.00 MSP
Captain (JG)    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive  EP320.0 (4)    Power 1280.0    Fuel Use 4.42%    Signature 320.0    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 10 250 000 Litres    Range 2 135 billion km (7549 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50 000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 205 hours

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Don't forget to check tanker for both, and to put a reasonnable number for minimum fuel (miscelanous tab)

The following users thanked this post: Randy

Offline Sirce

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »
Auto assignment doesn't seem to trigger for jobs that's not ship commander, at least not for sciences officer. Haven't tried any of the others yet.

Seen a couple of times now when the science officer of my survey ship gets promoted, (s)he is removed from the position (as intended)
But no new officer is given the job, until a new commander job is triggered. So either a new ship is build or a commander of a vessel is promoted

You may want to try to troubleshoot this more on your end, because for me I can confirm the CO, XO, and Science Officer positions are being auto-assigned just fine in my v1.51 games. Do you have enough officers of the proper rank? Did you manually assign any positions yourself?

Got a bunch. You kept a eye on all your ship positions that they didn't go empty for a bit?
They are filled fine when ships are build, so unless you check every few weeks you might not see it

Save your game, and then use SM-Add to add 1000 Military Academies to Earth. Let the officer generation roll for a few turns, and watch the empty spots get filled. It may be that you didn't have enough properly-ranked officers with necessary bonuses to fill the spots, or something along those lines?

Dude I got 79 available and 2 science jobs. No way I didn't have any suitable. And just happen to get one on the same "tick" as a new ship is build...

Edit: As an aside, would be nice if the events told you when promotion removed a commander from a position. Same as when they die.

I can confirm that ship officers are not auto-assigned unless the ship commander auto-assignment occurs. I had a science officer that was promoted and there were 7 others of the same rank but lower skill bonus that didn't get filled in until a new ship is built or a commander got promoted and replaced by a new officer, then all other position officer gets filled in.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb, Resand, Ancalagon

Offline Red Dusk

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
Upon saving my current game, I recieve the error "Function #1462: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

It appears to finish the save without issue, and I don't see any major issues with time progressing. Closing and reopening the game shows no errors.

In case you wanted to look deeper, I've included the db.

Offline Merlin_of_chaos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2020, 03:51:18 PM »
Minor bug

Sol comet Oumuamua does not move

Offline Lastof

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2020, 04:02:49 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10756. msg124653#msg124653 date=1587148083
Quote from: Lastof link=topic=10756. msg124155#msg124155 date=1587064975
1.  5.  1

Minerals page search doesn't work for Accessibility unless a non-zero value has been set for quantity, which seems like a bug (and if not might need making clearer somehow)

The search works fine with zero values.

Doesn't seem to for me, am I using it wrong?

Attached are two screen shots, in the first I have set Accessibility to 0. 4 for Duranium, but not changed the quantity from 0, then hit "Search", but bodies with less than 0. 4 accessibility still appear.  In the second I have also told it that the body should have at least 1 Duranium, and now it does only show the bodies with 0. 4 or better accessibility.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2020, 04:04:21 PM »
Auto assignment doesn't seem to trigger for jobs that's not ship commander, at least not for sciences officer. Haven't tried any of the others yet.

Seen a couple of times now when the science officer of my survey ship gets promoted, (s)he is removed from the position (as intended)
But no new officer is given the job, until a new commander job is triggered. So either a new ship is build or a commander of a vessel is promoted

You may want to try to troubleshoot this more on your end, because for me I can confirm the CO, XO, and Science Officer positions are being auto-assigned just fine in my v1.51 games. Do you have enough officers of the proper rank? Did you manually assign any positions yourself?

Got a bunch. You kept a eye on all your ship positions that they didn't go empty for a bit?
They are filled fine when ships are build, so unless you check every few weeks you might not see it

Save your game, and then use SM-Add to add 1000 Military Academies to Earth. Let the officer generation roll for a few turns, and watch the empty spots get filled. It may be that you didn't have enough properly-ranked officers with necessary bonuses to fill the spots, or something along those lines?

Dude I got 79 available and 2 science jobs. No way I didn't have any suitable. And just happen to get one on the same "tick" as a new ship is build...

Edit: As an aside, would be nice if the events told you when promotion removed a commander from a position. Same as when they die.

I can confirm that ship officers are not auto-assigned unless the ship commander auto-assignment occurs. I had a science officer that was promoted and there were 7 others of the same rank but lower skill bonus that didn't get filled in until a new ship is built or a commander got promoted and replaced by a new officer, then all other position officer gets filled in.

I've looked closer at my game as Red Dusk suggested, and I can now confirm I do have a number of ships here and there which are randomly missing XO's and other officers. (Sorry for saying otherwise earlier!)

There is something wonky about Auto-Assign that lets officers slip through the cracks and not trigger auto-assign to replace them.

How to somewhat reliably reproduce:

1) Create a bunch of ships requiring multiple officer positions. Enable officer auto-assign with a sizable officer corps.
2) Step time forward and confirm that every empty officer position was filled successfully.
3) Now continue to step time forward several months or 1-2 years while there is churn in your officer corps, promotions, retirements, etc.
4) Check your ships again, and notice that many of them now are missing random officer positions that were never replaced for no apparent reason.

Continuing to step time forward, I notice that eventually "something" will trigger auto-assign to assign all the various missing positions all in one go again if you keep stepping time forward. Does auto-assign not operate on every construction cycle or something? It happens very irregularly for me, leaving long periods of time where random ships are missing random officer positions.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:15:57 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2020, 04:07:13 PM »
If this has already been reported then this will serve as a 'me too!' report.

Just built 2 terraforming bases on Earth using my construction factories, when completed the game decided to assign them to civilian shipping company fleets which then promptly flew off. Whilst the bases are technically static, because the civilian fleet shows another location I can't move the bases into their own fleet the traditional way.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »

Don't forget to check tanker for both, and to put a reasonnable number for minimum fuel (miscelanous tab)

Thanks, this last part was all I was missing!

Offline Lastof

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Quote from: Black link=topic=10756. msg124720#msg124720 date=1587153313
I get Error Message when I launch the game: Function #2490 Object reference is not set to an object instance (Text is translated from my language, so I am not sure if it is correct).  It happens again everytime when I discover new system.

I am also now getting this on launch.  Didn't have any errors before I went to make dinner a few hours ago, now getting this on game load.  Haven't built a jumpship yet, so can't check system discovery (it's next on my list, so guess I'll edit to report once I do).
Save Attached.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »
When I launch a geosurvey probe at a planet, and the planet moves on the map, I get the error #1544: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Offline Castinar

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
Probably just a minor thing (Acutally, might not be a thing at all. . .   :P), but scrapping all ships in a fleet deletes the fleet.   Might not usually be a problem--and might be working as intended (to keep clutter down) -- but I had a "Survey Fleet" w/ obsolete ships that I had scrapped.   Went to move the new ships into the fleet. . . . it wasn't there.

No big deal. . . detach a new ship and rename the fleet as needed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:02:51 PM by Castinar »

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2020, 04:29:43 PM »
I am assuming NPR related, but I am getting "Function 2044: Attempting to divide by zero". Started in '25 with 3 NPR's. The error only happens on the 5 day pulses, not shorter ones.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:37:46 PM by dr125 »

Offline Bobbysepp

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
Not exactly sure if this is related to the 914 errors I had earlier, but I have a reproducible Function 915: Out of Memory when zooming out past 103b km Accompanied by the occasional Function 1618: Collection was modified; enumeration may not execute.  DB attached.

The error seems to abate at around 10LY out and only seems to happen in complex systems, as I was also able to reproduce it in Epsilon Indi.  In EI I get the same Function 914: Out of Memory Error I made in a previous post.

Offline Fietsenstandaard

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »
Quite easy to reproduce bug:

1.    Have a ship that is stranded without fuel.   
2.    Use a ship with a the tractorbeam to bring it home.    Both ships should be in the same fleet now.   
3.    Without releasing the tractor beam, make a new fleet in the fleet window by detaching the ship that was stranded.   
4.    The once stranded ship now has a speed of 300.  000 km/s.    After receiving an order, it will rush to the end of the universe, because it cannot change its speed anymore and will never slow down.   

Not quite sure if this is a bug:
1.    scrap a ship in orbit.   
2.    After the scrapping started, order the ship to fly somewhere.   
3.    It will still be scrapped regardless of where it is.   

Combine both for scrapping ships with style.   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:14:35 PM by Fietsenstandaard »

The following users thanked this post: db48x