Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22490 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2020, 06:12:36 AM »
Adding an order template to the orders of a ship will remove any other orders, and replace with only whats in the template.

Adding a tractor any ship in fleet(the auto created Space Station fleet) to a template order does not work if the Space Station fleet has been recreated while your ship is underway.
It can be added to the template, but using the template means it will simply skip the tractor ship order.

Using cycle moves or repeat orders for tractor any ship in fleet for Space Station fleet does not work if fleet has been re created in the meantime.
It will simply go through all orders until the next tractor ship order and report Orders completed.

I am constructing Orbital habitats and trying to automate the towing of them to another system, but because of the above problems this is impossible.

I'll just say that the template is a template and will always cancel all other orders, not adding up. I believe was same for VB6 Aurora. Also the template order is usually available only for the exactly same orders: meaning starting from same system. So if you create a template in Sol it will not be visible/usable in other systems.

Offline nirkbirk

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2020, 06:14:14 AM »
Hi Steve,

The bug with clicking 'cancel' in the race creation menu still exists in 1. 6. 3.  To confirm this, I installed a fresh version of 1. 5. 1 then patched it to 1. 6. 2 and then to 1. 6. 3

Repro steps are:
1) Open game info screen
2) Click 'New Game'
3) Click 'Create Game'
4) Click 'Cancel'

A new game will be created regardless and after completion you'll be met with a blank map and scrolling with the mousewheel will throw null reference exceptions at function #1616.

Thanks

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
Repost of a bug I posted in v1.40 bug thread.

I've not had the time to check if myself.
But i've seen the same bug on serBeardian his 1.6.3 video.

Issue with using civilian shipping

I defined a demand of 5 automated mines on multiple bodies.
But more than 5 were delivered.

Something seems to be of with the algorithm.   

(I had attached a db for v1.4 but it isn't relevant anymore I suspect.)
Using the Naval Organisation window I can see that the Shipping line have 4 freighters which are intending to unload an automated mine at Quaoar.
2 of the 4 ships still need to pickup the automated mine.

Using the civilian economic tab on the Economics window you can see that only 2 automated mines are assigned.
I think you need to assign ships at the moment they have a pickup movement in their list.
Instead of assigning a ship when it has picked up the mine/installation.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2020, 06:31:38 AM »
Adding an order template to the orders of a ship will remove any other orders, and replace with only whats in the template.

Adding a tractor any ship in fleet(the auto created Space Station fleet) to a template order does not work if the Space Station fleet has been recreated while your ship is underway.
It can be added to the template, but using the template means it will simply skip the tractor ship order.

Using cycle moves or repeat orders for tractor any ship in fleet for Space Station fleet does not work if fleet has been re created in the meantime.
It will simply go through all orders until the next tractor ship order and report Orders completed.

I am constructing Orbital habitats and trying to automate the towing of them to another system, but because of the above problems this is impossible.

I'll just say that the template is a template and will always cancel all other orders, not adding up. I believe was same for VB6 Aurora. Also the template order is usually available only for the exactly same orders: meaning starting from same system. So if you create a template in Sol it will not be visible/usable in other systems.

Yes, that is correct.

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2020, 06:32:20 AM »

Thats a shame, would be nice to be able to combine templates.
Also I was using the template from Sol, the problem is with the Space Station Fleet I guess, since it will be removed if you tractor the last ship in the fleet. Then once its recreated I guess it gets a new internal ID and so the order to tractor a ship from it points to a fleet that doesn't exist anymore

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2020, 06:34:00 AM »
Hardly game-breaking but the medal conditions screen doesn't update unless you close & reopen the medals screen.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2020, 06:35:05 AM »
Attempting to load a previous missile design that has no engine results in an error being thrown.

Function #2044: Object reference not set to instance of an object.

There are apparently other issues when trying to deploy missiles with no engines on the battlefield.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2020, 06:42:51 AM »
I had a new game generate a helpful popup talking about how only one spinal weapon could be mounted on a ship. I was doing auto designs and auto tech. Forgot to save the DB but it was jarring to see that message when I wasn't the one doing the design.

I think I fixed this for NPRs in v1.6.3, which only required a code fix. I've now fixed it for player designs, which is a database change.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2020, 06:43:42 AM »
Quote from: Vivalas link=topic=10902.  msg125585#msg125585 date=1587276949
Seems there are lots of issues in the current version with dead ends forming in the galaxy, NPRs spawning close to Sol, and multiple jump points leading to Sol.   They perhaps may all be somewhat related. 

v1.  6.  3

I got a tangentially related issue, not sure if it is related.   Whenever I set "Number of Starting NPRs" to 3, I get particularly less jump points and planets compared to default of 1.   When generating systems (using Spacemaster mode) for a few times from a freshly started game, I even get all deadends after <10 systems, twice. 
All testing are done on Known systems.

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »
Got an error whenever I try to open the research screen.

Error: 2196 Object reference not set to instance of an object.

DB attached

EDIT: I think it had to do with me completing a tech by decompiling components while those techs were either queued or the first part of a queue for research,
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 06:54:32 AM by Vivalas »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2020, 06:55:33 AM »
It appears that the required rank set for a ground force formation template does not get set for a formation built from that template - it defaults to the lowest rank.  You can manually set the rank for a built formation, and it takes fine as far as I can see, its just not set to the one specified in the template automatically.

Offline GL

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »
Not sure if a bug.

If you scrap a mothership with fighters aboard, the fighters are destroyed and they launch their lifepod... Oops  :P

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2020, 07:01:50 AM »
Ships with commercial hanger bays cannot be selected using the land on specified carrier order unless they include at least one military hanger

A ship can have both commercial and military hanger decks?

Both fixed.

In the ship design screen, should commercial hanger components be grouped with the other hanger deck components?

No, they should be separate. They are different component types with different behaviour.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2020, 07:04:35 AM »
In the ship class designer, the "Exact size" value displays wrong if the ship is over 1000 HS. It'll truncate all digits below the thousands, so my 80k ton freighter shows as size "1". (The actual tonnage calculations still seem to work properly, though)

Maybe a bug. In create new race, if you change the starting tech points to be anything less than 100k (for instance I like to start with 10k) it will set it to 100k. You can set it higher, but not lower.

Mine defaulted to 80k (I just used the default setup unmodified), and my game started with 80k tech points. Weird.

Exact size is working fine for me. Are you using period for decimal separator?

The tech points only updates if changed and should only affect changes to NPR tech points (fixed for next version). it is avoid them having too few tech points for key technologies.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2020, 07:06:09 AM »
When i try to save game.

https://imgur.com/Wi9OTdK