Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22493 times)

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
A minor issue - "Research Proto" button creates a research project but does not use the latest name from original prototype component (P).  To reproduce:

1.  Create a prototype component with default name.
2.  Go to technology report window and rename your prototype.
3.  Go to class design and turn class prototype into research prototype.
4.  Newly created research project will not have your latest prototype component name.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:36:05 PM by simast »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2020, 07:12:37 AM »
Mass medal awards from the naval organization screen don't work correctly. If you choose the top-level admin command, select award medal, and check admin officers, fleet commanders, and ship commanders as recipients, only officers in fleets directly under the top-level admin command will be awarded.

admin officers and those in fleets under admins don't get medals.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2020, 07:13:42 AM »
I had a new game generate a helpful popup talking about how only one spinal weapon could be mounted on a ship. I was doing auto designs and auto tech. Forgot to save the DB but it was jarring to see that message when I wasn't the one doing the design.

That was in v1.6.1. Should be fine in v1.6.3.

I just created a new game in 1.6.3, and still got the multiple spinal mounts error while it was creating my designs (turned on auto tech, auto ships and auto ground units). And definitely 1.6.3 (in misc tab)

Yes, it is still affecting player designs. Should be fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2020, 07:15:17 AM »
Also another bug:
On the Economics screen - research tab. Select radio to show completed tech.

The check boxes under the planet list don't always follow the radio button.
System body, Hide CMC, and By function all immediately switch to show available only (but radio is still showing completed)

The Star option however, will continue to show Completed when checked, but when you uncheck it, it reverts to Available tech displayed.

In all cases, the current radio selection doesn't change...

I can't reproduce this one.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 1.6.3 cosmetic bug
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2020, 07:17:20 AM »
Hi, im coming from the Tortuga power livestream in youtube. 

In version 1. 6. 3

In economics window, wealth and trade tab.  The values of annual racial wealth, racial per capita income and population per capita income are all editable.  However as soon as you allow a time tick, the values return to normal and appears to not have an impact in game.  The issue appears to be completely cosmetic fortunately.

I think the values should be display only but haven't had the chance to test it very thoroughly. 

Im sorry if the bug report is not very good, im new to the forum.
Hope this helps.

I've changed them all to read-only. It was only a cosmetic issue.

Offline LBCharlotte

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2020, 07:22:15 AM »
A NPR has been attacking me and I get :  I'm getting an error at "function #311 : object reference not defined to an object instance" as they attack my home world.  I have also noticed scientists are still assigned Research Facilities after they have been destroyed leading to a negative count of those buildings.

Another odd bug is I believe NPR ships are trying to fire missiles at my homeworld as they orbit it but instead the missiles fly off in another direction.  They can attack my homeworld just fine with energy weapons but they can only fire missiles at it when they are not orbitting it.

Offline Aivaria

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2020, 07:23:56 AM »
Hi
ive got an massive performance issue with a new game, and i was able to reproduce it several times with my game.   
When i set sub-Pulse to 1 day, enable automated turns, and then increment 5 days, my cpu usage goes sky high, and the game takes 'ages' to load
Version: 1.   63
New game, no real star system

https://drive.   google.   com/open?id=1lfSCZarkzEdympr-y845RMICn1ll4nEs

other increments didnt cause this issue as far as i noted
also: closing the game keeps it open in background, running with 25% cpu usage (1 core fully used)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2020, 07:26:18 AM »
New 1.6.3 start, went with 1 player race and 5 NPR start. Think one or more NPRs must have started in the same system as each other as turn times have gone from half a second for a 5 day step in 1.51 to around 3-4 seconds right from the first day.

Anyway, 7 years into the new start and suddenly had about 20+ 5 second increment lengths trigger which seems to have also triggered a "Function #311: Attempted to divide by Zero" error. After accepting the error prompt the 5 second turn intervals continued.

Edit: On Saving, closing Aurora and reloading the first turn process always seems to generated the Function #311: Attempted to divide by zero error.

Thanks for the database. It was caused by a missile attack on ground forces that scored no hits. Fixed now.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »
Hi
ive got an massive performance issue with a new game, and i was able to reproduce it several times with my game.   
When i set sub-Pulse to 1 day, enable automated turns, and then increment 5 days, my cpu usage goes sky high, and the game takes 'ages' to load
Version: 1.   63

https://drive.   google.   com/open?id=1lfSCZarkzEdympr-y845RMICn1ll4nEs

also: closing the game keeps it open in background, running with 25% cpu usage (1 core fully used)

1 Core is all we got, Steve hasn't coded multi threading.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2020, 07:30:49 AM »
New 1.6.3 start, went with 1 player race and 5 NPR start. Think one or more NPRs must have started in the same system as each other as turn times have gone from half a second for a 5 day step in 1.51 to around 3-4 seconds right from the first day.

Anyway, 7 years into the new start and suddenly had about 20+ 5 second increment lengths trigger which seems to have also triggered a "Function #311: Attempted to divide by Zero" error. After accepting the error prompt the 5 second turn intervals continued.

Edit: On Saving, closing Aurora and reloading the first turn process always seems to generated the Function #311: Attempted to divide by zero error.

Thanks for the database. It was caused by a missile attack on ground forces that scored no hits. Fixed now.

I think a similar thing might be happening with Ground force to ground force combat - I have a similar issue but didn't report it since I am on a older DB, would be nice if someone could confirm or deny.
Edit: Its function 1821 for me - divide by zero error during ground combat
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:33:00 AM by Droll »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2020, 07:31:29 AM »
Continuing on from that DB save state, after processing what felt like a hundred more 5-15 second interval steps the game now churns out "Function #1821: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".

At this point unless you have any request for me to continue processing to generate more potential errors to help debug I'm going to chalk this campaign up as corrupted and do a full DB clear and 1.6.3 copy over again.

I've run through about 30 days but the error is not appearing. I may have fixed it in my version of the exe without realising. No need to keep going if you have problems. Thanks for the DB.

Offline Aivaria

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2020, 07:35:39 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=10902. msg125675#msg125675 date=1587299348
Quote from: Aivaria link=topic=10902. msg125672#msg125672 date=1587299036
Hi
Version: 1.    63

https://drive.    google.    com/open?id=1lfSCZarkzEdympr-y845RMICn1ll4nEs

1 Core is all we got, Steve hasn't coded multi threading.
then see it like: after closing the game it runs in an infinite loop blocking its one thread it got.  Still, first written issue still exist about it running very bad for a new game in an 5 day interval, which might be an loop running out of control

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
Four bugs from me, all from a fresh conventional start in 163:
  • When selecting a different group of officers in the officer search window, the list sometimes does not update.  E. g.  when I select naval officers, then sort by "reaction" it shows them, but when I then select Civ administrators, it still shows naval officers and I have to change some other field before it updates.  (this may be intentional, but I find it unintuitive and inconsistent.  I don't think it's intentional because it auto updates when changing any other field there and there is almost no performance impact in sorting a single list. )
  • When having no Ground forces (i. e.  conventional start), clicking on the "sorting" buttons in the bottom right of the Ground forces screen  (i. e.  "Cost", "size", "units") throws a #1835 object reference error.
  • When Setting a shipyard to "continual cap expansion" and then try immediately setting it to "no activity", you get a pop-up asking you if you want to cancel the current activity.  When pressing yes, the activity is not set to "no activity" and the SY is still showing "continual capacity expansion" as its current task.  It should just delete the current activity.  I am aware of the "delete activity" button and see a bit of redundancy there.  The delete activity button can probably be deleted *hehe* when this is fixed.
  • A strange cosmetic one:
    I built 3 basic infantry battalions and then looked at my Order of Battle in the GU window.  It looks fine when looking at an individual battalion, but when clicking Earth it groups the units present at Earth in a weird way

(For some reason the image is not showing in the preview, so here's a link: https://i. imgur. com/WW0Hltz. png
    notice how the identical units are not grouped together.  Also the displayed fortification values are weird, as it does not show the average fortification value of the 260 riflemen, but the maximum (1 battalion has 2. 77, the other has about 1). 

First three all fixed. Fourth is because the elements have different morale.

The following users thanked this post: Cosinus

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »
Ghost fleets with no ships are still executing standing orders.  This is occurring on a 1. 6. 3 savefile.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2020, 08:01:13 AM »
Fresh save and I've hit consistent errors on incrementing forward. They started right after I Gliese 687 I think.
#2410, #2409, #1541, #114
DB attached.

Thanks for the DB. Very helpful. An pre-industrial NPR has been generated in that system with no technology or ships. Unfortunately, the game is struggling because it expects technology. I need to fix the code to allow for that. It is something I never got around to testing :(

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:15:18 AM by Steve Walmsley »