Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29977 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
I don't know if it is WAI, but suddently I discovered5 tech related to ground forces for free.

The function number  N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected        N/A
What you were doing at the time   5 day increment (the first civilian mining operation has been established on a comet)
Conventional or TN start      TN
Random or Real Stars          Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?    No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?   one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well  14y long

Those techs were necessary to make guard force for CMCs, from previous bug threats, this is WAI.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »
Version: 1.9.3
The function number: #2115
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: Stockpiles
What you were doing at the time: "Disassemble All" on Particle Beam-3 (from ruin)
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: No, the chance of finding the same tech in a ruin is low.
If this is a long campaign: 12 Years

The following users thanked this post: Second Foundationer

Offline Caplin

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »
Might already be reported somewhere, but I don't remember it.

V1.9.3:

Would be nice if the "refuel at Colony (All)," and the "Resupply from Colony," conditional orders put up an event when they triggered. As of now it was surprising to suddenly find the fleet that I thought was surveying back in Sol without warning. It's possible I missed the event but I don't think so.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »

V1.9.3:

Would be nice if the "refuel at Colony (All)," and the "Resupply from Colony," conditional orders put up an event when they triggered. As of now it was surprising to suddenly find the fleet that I thought was surveying back in Sol without warning. It's possible I missed the event but I don't think so.
They do indeed post a event. Maybe you hid it? It's easy to miss if you don't color it.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2020, 07:31:15 PM »

V1.9.3:

They do indeed post a event. Maybe you hid it? It's easy to miss if you don't color it.

I'll have to look into that. I might have accidentally hidden the event but I wouldn't be able to benefit from color. THanks for confirming that it's actually showing up, my bad.

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2020, 08:31:34 PM »
Seems like Same-Yard construction does not care about prototype limitations.
Was able to build a frigate with an FP firecontrol using a shipyard tooled to a valid non-prototype design.   
No error was thrown at all.

Screenshots and save attached.
1.9.3, decimal is decimal
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:41:41 PM by SerBeardian »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2020, 08:37:15 PM »
I just started a brand new 1.9.3 game and unfortunately ran into a potential game-breaking issue. Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, doing nothing but waiting to research TN tech.

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated many times but I was eventually able to click through them.

I played through it for a couple more months, I never received another error popup, but the game eventually froze completely and I had to terminate it. This happened 26 Oct 2026, game time. After restarting I didn't get a freeze, but it does drop into 5-second increments about that time for NPR combat.

Most recent database (and previous DB, in case that helps reproduction) is attached.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:50:40 PM by Desdinova »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
I just started a brand new 1.9.3 game and unfortunately ran into a game-breaking issue. Conventional start, real stars, decimal, doing nothing but waiting to research TN tech.

These 4 errors repeated many times but I was eventually able to click through them.

I played through it for a couple more months, I never received another error popup, but the game eventually froze completely and I had to terminate it. This happened 26 Oct 2026, game time. After restarting I didn't get a freeze, but it does drop into 5-second increments about that time for NPR combat.

Most recent database (and previous DB, in case that helps reproduction) is attached.

Is decimal, meaning you use a comma?

Please note you have to change the format as a period.

You can find the info here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11190.msg129822#new in the problems section.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2020, 08:47:05 PM »
I just started a brand new 1.9.3 game and unfortunately ran into a game-breaking issue. Conventional start, real stars, decimal, doing nothing but waiting to research TN tech.

Is decimal, meaning you use a comma?

Please note you have to change the format as a period.

You can find the info here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11190.msg129822#new in the problems section.

No I use a period, forgot to specify.

Offline Aezel

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2020, 09:55:32 PM »
The window affected Economics
What you were doing at the time Terraforming
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy reproducible

If a colony has 0 populations and 0 infrastructure Terraforming installations work at full speed. As soon as population arrives speed goes down to what it should be (number of workers available).

The window affected GalacticMap
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy reproducible

"Open Mineral Survey Window" button on GalacticMap doesn't seem to do anything.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2020, 10:11:04 PM »
Possible bug, not sure, I might just be confused
window affected: Medal Management
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent, or one-off? Easy to reproduce(unless I got it wrong)
What were you doing at the time?: getting anti-missile missiles to the face.
I made a general medal for combat experienced officers, for either: destroying an enemy ship, destroying 10 missiles, taking internal damage, Destroying 100.000 tons of enemy commertial shipping(which I now realize was a bit redundant), Participating in Combat drops, and capturing ships in boarding combat.
well then I got 50 AMM to the face, not really expected, the enemy was thought to have some heavy GC, and my guard was a bit down. nontheless, we got 6 missiles down. for some reason, although only 1 ship was damaged, and not even internally, 3 medals were awarded, all of them for supposedly having taken down 10 missiles.
I can one hundred percent believe that they altered future records, but come on this has to be some sort of bug.
They all fired more than 10 rounds of Gauss Cannon goodness at them, so maybe that has something to do with it?
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2020, 12:01:35 AM »
Mining Tab: If Stockpile+Production is 0, any Projected Useage is not displayed in red.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2020, 01:07:50 AM »
When designing a ship and you press on the "Update Armor" button but you already have the latest armor, the total tonnage of the ship goes slightly down. If you close and reopen, the old values are back.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2020, 02:13:52 AM »
Visual Bug. From a certain distance the DSTS I have put on "Daphne" are displayed twice.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eyTh6bn5dYd55jOulg-I5SiwnKUAAtX6

DB is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C6HuDCwNpX6t2LryHm0T2BhWb-loZF1q

Offline JANXOL

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2020, 02:23:54 AM »
I have encountered a bug with PPV calculations.   It first started happening in 1. 6, but I thought i misunderstand the mechanics.   After talking to people on discord, apparently it is a bug and still present in 1. 9. 3.

I have designed a ship which shows a PPV of 36.   A fleet of 6 of them provides 32PPV total.   No components are damaged, the ships are less than two months old.   Removing one ship from the fleet results in a PPV of 27.   The colony view also shows protection of 32, but clearly that doesn't correspond to 6*36.