Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39414 times)

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2020, 12:49:01 AM »
v1.9.5

Function #2662: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

TN start. Did a bit of SpaceMaster mode to attempt to set up the Sol system like The Expanse (show/book) by adding the MCR and OPA as NPRs. However, this is now 8 years in. I've met two NPRs besides the ones I SMed in to Sol.

The last thing I did was click 5 days, and the only messages in my log are those of several geosurvey vessels having nowhere to survey. Nothing completed. Nothing started.

I honestly have no idea what caused this.

EDIT: To further the confusion, it never repeated again. Nothing ever came up in the log, nor was anything missing. It seems that this was just a weird exception that didn't affect a thing.

BTW, I love that you've set up all the exceptions to be handled so the game doesn't crash, and that they ID their sources. I totally want to do this on my next project, barring disapproval during technical design phase.

Known but not solved yet. Related to a ruin being explored.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:14:03 AM by Bughunter »
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2020, 02:14:37 AM »
Version: 1.9.5
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: All places that show the surface temperature
What you were doing at the time: N/A
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No (ENG-UK regional settings)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
Campaign: 97 Years

I have a planet that i took from a spoiler race, it had 55k ground troops
that i destroyed from orbit. The result as expected is severe radiation & dust.
Because the atmospheric dust is 55401 i get a temperature penalty of -554.01
Now i have a surface temperature of -603.747 Celsius & -330.747 Kelvin
Is this an oversight in the game or do trans-newtonian nukes destroy the laws of thermodynamics?

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:59:16 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Red Dusk

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2020, 04:04:42 AM »
The window affected: Economics and System View
What you were doing at the time: Renaming a Planet with an established colony on it
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Campaign length: 213 years

When renaming a planet that has an established colony on it, the colony name will not update in the Economics window even after a refresh...and in the System View window (after closing and reopening) it will display the population as being the old planet name. Deleting the colony (assuming it is empty) and creating a new colony will fix it.
I tested with SM-mode off, to make sure as well. Same behavior.
Additionally, renaming the planet to its old name will revert the population text upon closing and reopening the system view window again.

WAI
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:09:09 PM by Bughunter »

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2020, 09:43:55 AM »
Summary:
Major but very unlikely: Integer overflow when loading FCT_Race -> AnnualWealth

Details:
The function number: #1126 (And then all of them, given that race failed to load.)
The complete error text: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
The window affected: Everything. Race fails to load, and then everything fails to load.
What you were doing at the time: Loading the game.
What happened: Exception during game loading.
What did you expect to happen: The game to load without error.
Conventional or TN start : N/A
Random or Real Stars : N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce (Easiest test is set value in table "FCT_Race" for column "AnnualWealth" above 2147483648 (max value for Int32).
To reproduce in game, get a total racial annual income of over 2147483648, and then save the game. Error occurs on next load.
Campaign duration: Going on 300 years.

Impact: Major. (Game cannot load)
Likelyhood: Highly unlikely. (I'm role-playing a Megacorporation. I intentionally went around and colonized all planets and built Financial centers everywhere. Growth rate also set much higher than would be typical. I have also increased the size of newly generated habitable planets via SM mode, so population numbers are much higher than would be normal.)
Workaround available: Yes. Set the value in FCT_Race -> AnnualWealth to any number below 2147483647. Game correctly calculates and updates the display in game after loading.

Notes:
Game correctly saves the large value. The value appears to be saved in the database as a float, and calculated in the game as a float. The integer conversion appears to be only applicable during the game loading. (Entity model perhaps using Int32 while rest of code uses float?)
No other impacts observed on the game.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:53:49 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
Version 1.9.5: When renaming a fleet that is jump capable, the addition (JM) or (JC) disappears. When you reopen the window it reappears. So just a glitch.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2020, 11:21:32 AM »
The window affected: Economics and System View
What you were doing at the time: Renaming a Planet with an established colony on it
Campaign length: 213 years

When renaming a planet that has an established colony on it, the colony name will not update in the Economics window even after a refresh...and in the System View window (after closing and reopening) it will display the population as being the old planet name. Deleting the colony (assuming it is empty) and creating a new colony will fix it.
I tested with SM-mode off, to make sure as well. Same behavior.
Additionally, renaming the planet to its old name will revert the population text upon closing and reopening the system view window again.
While the colony name defaults to match the body it is independent from the body name, so this is WAI. To rename the colony use the Rename Pop button on the Economics window.

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter, Fistandantillus7

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
The window affected: Economics, Industry Tab
What you were doing at the time: Existing.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional start.
Random or Real Stars: Real stars.
Decimal separator: Period.
Reproducibility: Don't know how to trigger it.
Campaign length: 92 years.

Two of my populations, Titan and Callisto, stopped displaying their names in the industry tab. Shortly after this, I got phantom populations showing up in the window, as can be seen in the screenshot I posted. The problem persists through save and reload, though now if I advance time, all the phantom populations disappear. I can clear the phantoms by unchecking/rechecking any of System Body/Star/By Function, and if I uncheck "Hide CMC", Titan and Callisto get their proper names back.

Given that the phantom populations in each system exactly correspond to the number of CMCs in those systems, and the fact that Titan and Callisto were CMCs before I colonized them (and renamed them), it's pretty clear that this is simply a display bug associated with CMC hiding.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:21:35 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
The window affected: Tactical, Fleet
What you were doing at the time: Attacking Precursor ships and STO forces
Conventional or TN start: TN
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? I'm having trouble reproducing it from the save, but the event logs show it.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 31 years

When closing to attack the planet mentioned in my last post, a rather strange thing happened. My ships came under fire from the Vancouver-class platform in orbit, suffering severe damage. The issue there is that the Vancouver was a wreck. I destroyed her like five years ago. Attachment 1 shows the screenshot I took at the time before realizing what was happening (I though it was more STO fire at first). Attachment 2 shows a firing message from the very dead ship from the DB linked in my last post.

When attempting to reproduce this bug, I got a similar result from a different dead ship. In the third attachment, note how there's only one surviving Ottawa class ship. The other, Ottawa 001, was destroyed hours before by missile fire. Despite that, in the final attachment here it is firing on my ships as though nothing were wrong. Here's the DB for that moment in time.

I suspect that the ghost station helped contribute to missile defense during my last two excursions too, but I can't be sure.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Any clue would help, a reproducible case from a save would be great.

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: I declared war on a NPR and captured one of their ships in boarding combat. I then towed it back to my colony. Then, I ordered it to load replacement crew and planned to move it to Sol (since I captured it basically intact) In the next increment, the ship exploded at my colony, despite the colony having maintenance facilities. The explosion of 1 ship also left no less than 8 wrecks and 8 life pods, each with somewhere between -19 and -37 survivors (yeah...).
Conventional or TN start: C
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: first time I've seen this.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~60 years

screenshot and db attached.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2020, 04:50:41 PM »
Bug or missing feature -
1.9.5, Galaxy created in 1.9.0 with dot as separatzor, 40 years in the Campaign.

I builtl a third Level of Sector command on Terra and moved it in 0.25 increments to a different planet with a 10m+ Population. On the new planet it now lists a size 1 range 1 sector HQ. However, in the sectors window, there is only the Sol sector. I can't assign a leader, I can't assign the neighbouring Systems. Sector window only has "rename" as an Option. Passing a few days changes Nothing, new year, Nothing. Where is the "create new sector from sector command" function?

Confirmed. As a workaround for now you can SM delete the sector command, wait a 5 day increment then SM add a new one.  This one should be picked up automatically.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »
The window affected: N/A
What you were doing at the time: I declared war on a NPR and captured one of their ships in boarding combat. I then towed it back to my colony. Then, I ordered it to load replacement crew and planned to move it to Sol (since I captured it basically intact) In the next increment, the ship exploded at my colony, despite the colony having maintenance facilities. The explosion of 1 ship also left no less than 8 wrecks and 8 life pods, each with somewhere between -19 and -37 survivors (yeah...).
Conventional or TN start: C
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: first time I've seen this.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~60 years

screenshot and db attached.

I'm curious, did you start this campaign on 1.9.5?

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »
This bug is probably an oversight in the change below:

Fuel Storage Costs

I've realised that fuel storage is very expensive in Aurora compared to other 'storage' modules. In terms of cost per HS they are more expensive than hangars or magazines, three times as expensive as cryo, seven times as expensive as troop transport bays and sixty times more expensive than cargo bays. They are also about six times more expensive than most productive modules (Terraform, Salvage, Harvester, Jump Point Stabilisation, etc.). BTW I realised this by wondering why a tanker was taking so long to build. The reason was that because build time is based on cost but modified by size, high 'cost density' ships take a long time and that was greatly exacerbated by the fuel storage.

On that basis, I am reducing the cost of fuel storage considerably for C# Aurora, although it is staggered so the cost benefit of larger modules is improved.

Fuel Storage - Tiny: 5,000 litres, 0.5 BP
Fuel Storage - Small: 10,000 litres, 0.8 BP
Fuel Storage - Standard: 50,000 litres, 2 BP
Fuel Storage - Large: 250,000 litres, 5 BP
Fuel Storage - Very Large: 1,000,000 litres, 10 BP
Fuel Storage - Ultra Large: 5,000,000 litres, 25 BP

In this change, the cost for the compressed fuel storage are not reduced. In VB6, the compressed tanks cost 1.5x as the regular ones of the same size, and in turn holds 1.5x fuel, which makes sense. Now since the regular tanks' costs are reduced, the compressed ones cost 5~15xthe regular ones.

Asked Steve if WAI
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:02:42 PM by Bughunter »

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »
The function number: NA
The complete error text: NA
The window affected: Summary tab Economics window
What you were doing at the time: Nothing special
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Probably easy to reproduce but I won't know until I have another planet in this situation
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Not long

I noticed when terraforming Mars that at a certain point when your approaching 0 population cost, something like . 01 or lower that the population supported by infrastructure had grown to over 10 billion while the max pop for Mars is 3410, so somewhere around 3x the amount the planet can hold when suited for humans without any support needed.

I think this is not WAI just get close but not quite at 0 and with enough infrastructure any planet can hold an unlimited population.

WAI
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:45:25 PM by Bughunter »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Probably easy to reproduce but I won't know until I have another planet in this situation
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Not long

I noticed when terraforming Mars that at a certain point when your approaching 0 population cost, something like . 01 or lower that the population supported by infrastructure had grown to over 10 billion while the max pop for Mars is 3410, so somewhere around 3x the amount the planet can hold when suited for humans without any support needed.

I think this is not WAI just get close but not quite at 0 and with enough infrastructure any planet can hold an unlimited population.
Population is capped at the lower of the two numbers, so this is WAI.

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2020, 06:21:35 PM »
Quote from: SpikeTheHobbitMage link=topic=11298.  msg132559#msg132559 date=1589237817
Quote from: spartacus link=topic=11298.  msg132555#msg132555 date=1589236259

I noticed when terraforming Mars that at a certain point when your approaching 0 population cost, something like .   01 or lower that the population supported by infrastructure had grown to over 10 billion while the max pop for Mars is 3410, so somewhere around 3x the amount the planet can hold when suited for humans without any support needed.   

Population is capped at the lower of the two numbers, so this is WAI. 

Thanks for the reply.    Glad to know the max pop is still limited.