Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39382 times)

Offline alexkay6

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
you can set the starting race to be a NPR and then the game will just give 1. 9. 5 Function #1616: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  over and over.

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:10:11 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2020, 10:54:26 AM »
v1.9.5

I got a no warning attack that had some other weirdness as well. Basically, sub-pulse failed to break for potential action. But also, I had 3 ships fire from extreme range, which seems impossible at the tech level my enemy is at.

Details:
I have had the IS Xochitlicue (IS Quetzalcoatl-class) in orbit over Beta Cassiopeiae A II for weeks doing intel gathering. It has IR, EM, and ELINT sensors. All quite small, but sufficient for detection of an incoming beam ship long before engagement.

Somehow, the enemy got clear to the ship without a sub-pulse of 5 seconds for imminent action and destroyed it without my ability to act in any way. I doubt it would have come out any differently due to speed differential, but it is still weird that I never even had a chance to react.

Also, strangely, despite the sensor suite on the Xoch, it never detected 2 of the ships.

Finally, to add to the weirdness of this whole encounter, 3 of the ships shot at the Xoch from 20 million km away. They did no damage, but they really should not have been able to even take those shots.

DB and message log screenshot attached...
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2020, 11:27:37 AM »
I seem to be unable to assign an Academy Commandant on Earth, but can for Military Academies on a different population. This has been around in my game for several in-game decades. To see the issue, rename and load the attached DB, go to the Commanders screen, and attempt to assign anyone to "Academy Commandant". The list only shows the single academy I have that isn't on Sol.

I'm pretty sure I assigned a naval officer there at one point, but I think he died in office.

Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: Attempting to assign a commander to the academy.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2020, 03:42:56 PM »
I have a population that replenishes when removed.

80 year old game, started in 1.9.3, now 1.9.5, dot not comma, TN start, random stars

I dropped 410,000 (0.41m) colonists on Thengo-B I  by mistake, as I'd brought normal infrastructure to a low grav world. oops.
realising my mistake, I scooped up the survivors (0.36m) and dropped them on nearby Thengo-C II
all the while Im getting unrest complaints from Thengo-B I
I look back there and theres 360,000 (0.36m) colonists still there.
I scoop them up again and deliver to Thengo-C II
Still unrest at Thengo-B I
Im now on the third rescue trip to save the same colonists, and theres still 350,000 (0.35m) of them there desperately trying to make low grav infrastructure before they die in a vacuum.

It appears that the unrest notification remembers the number of unhappy colonists, calculates a new lower population and overwrites the now empty colony with the reduced population.

This isnt game breaking, and will rarely crop up normally or cause a problem, but it shouldnt happen.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:18:03 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: UberWaffe

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2020, 04:49:53 PM »

80 year old game, started in 1.9.3, now 1.9.5, dot not comma, TN start, random stars

I dropped 410,000 (0.41m) colonists on Thengo-B I  by mistake, as I'd brought normal infrastructure to a low grav world. oops.
realising my mistake, I scooped up the survivors (0.36m) and dropped them on nearby Thengo-C II
Im now on the third rescue trip to save the same colonists, and theres still 350,000 (0.35m) of them there desperately trying to make low grav infrastructure before they die in a vacuum.

It appears that the unrest notification remembers the number of unhappy colonists, calculates a new lower population and overwrites the now empty colony with the reduced population.

This isnt game breaking, and will rarely crop up normally or cause a problem, but it shouldnt happen.
Just to double check, you don't have a 'helpful' civie dutifully dropping off more colonists every time you do a pickup, do you?

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »
I seem to be unable to assign an Academy Commandant on Earth, but can for Military Academies on a different population. This has been around in my game for several in-game decades. To see the issue, rename and load the attached DB, go to the Commanders screen, and attempt to assign anyone to "Academy Commandant". The list only shows the single academy I have that isn't on Sol.

I'm pretty sure I assigned a naval officer there at one point, but I think he died in office.

Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: Attempting to assign a commander to the academy.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

I have replicated this issue, except with a ground force commander as the academy commandant. Additionally, I *can* place naval commanders, scientists, and administrators as commandant, but *not* a GF commander.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: Elvin

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:49 PM »

Can confirm I had the same issue a while ago, but after a reload couldn't figure out how to reproduce, so didn't report.
The colony ships in my case (and it sounds the same here) actually pick up colonists, that you can then drop off somewhere.
But the population where you picked them up don't get 'reduced', or at least overridden as explained above.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Galaxy map
What you were doing at the time: Exploring jump points via SM mode
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: No time has passed at all.

When exploring many systems via SM mode, the galaxy map's automatic graph generation starts to double the distance between each system, quickly making the galaxy map unusable. This is easiest to reproduce if you do this:

1. Start a new game
2. Turn on SM mode.
3. Hit "full grav survey" and discover jump points out of Sol.
4. Select a jump point. Press "Explore JP"
5. Repeat the process about half a dozen times, getting farther and farther from Sol as you do.
6. Open up the galaxy map and observe that the distance between these systems keeps increasing on the map.

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2020, 08:01:03 PM »

Just to double check, you don't have a 'helpful' civie dutifully dropping off more colonists every time you do a pickup, do you?

Nop, this is beyond the stabilised jump points, my freighter/colony fleet is the only one in the system.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:03:22 PM by stabliser »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2020, 08:46:59 PM »
The function number: see below
The complete error text: see below
The window affected: Tactical Map but not actually relevant.
What you were doing at the time: Passing time waiting for research and an overhaul.  Also not relevant.
Conventional or TN start: TN start.
Random or Real Stars: Random.
Is your decimal separator a comma?: Period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?  Rare.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 6 years.

After losing all of this afternoon's progress to a crash (not Aurora's fault), I resumed from the last save.  After some time the following errors occurred.  As I had done nothing different from before I'm assuming this was NPR caused.

1.9.5 Function #2608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
1.9.5 Function #222: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
1.9.5 Function #224: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
1.9.5 Function #2339: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Above 4 errors repeat another 4 times.  This is a known system generation error and has already been reported against 1.9.5.  Included for completeness.

1.9.5 Function #1654: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
This is also a known system generation error and was last reported against 1.8.0.  Confirming bug still present in 1.9.5.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2020, 09:38:18 PM »
Not sure if this is already mentioned.  Can someone check if STOs are unable to fire without a separate active sensor even though they are supposed to have one built-in (according to hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=C-Ground_Units#Surface-to-Orbit_Weapons)?
I've seen people on the Discord mention it and seen precursor STOs not firing on SerBeardian's stream, but I don't know for sure myself.  I know that CIWS has had a similar bug, so I thought maybe they suffer from the same problem.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2020, 10:54:59 PM »
The rate of construction of construction ground forces is not affected by the racial construction rate making them overpowered if said rate is significantly lowered.

Online skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2020, 11:31:00 PM »

When exploring many systems via SM mode, the galaxy map's automatic graph generation starts to double the distance between each system, quickly making the galaxy map unusable.
6. Open up the galaxy map and observe that the distance between these systems keeps increasing on the map.

The "distance" displayed on the Galaxy map is the distance from whichever system is selected. If you have Sol selected, then yes, the distances will (usually) all increase the further you get from Sol. Select a different system and the numbers all change to reflect the distance from that system.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2020, 11:57:25 PM »
Zooming in to a ship that has just transited a jump point causes UI lag then errors

The function number: Function #914 overflow error
Function #1618 collection was modified, enumeration operation may not execute
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: zooming in to lay a buoy
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Random or Real Stars: real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 8 years in

Replication instructions:  Go to Alpha Centauri and zoom in to JP3, where ML Aspen 001 has just jumped.  Keep zooming.  When the green bar goes below 70k things start lagging.  When you go below 5k you get the #914 error messages.  #1618 is a bit trickier to replicate - usually that occurs when you zoom back out.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2020, 01:38:17 AM »
Commercial hangers cannot reload box launchers (maybe not even give fighters missiles at all).

Periods not commas.
1.9.5. Started in 1.9.5
non-TN start, roughly 70 years in (DB attached, start year 2000).

Attached is DB to check it out yourself. As per the changelog it said commercial hangers can reload fighters. My commercial carriers have missiles but do not have the same options that ships with regular hangers do when it comes to parasite ordinance.

EDIT:

To add to this, I tested it out and added the ordinance transfer, civ mag, and civ hanger on a ship, handed box launcher fighters with no ammo on it, and they will not reload and there is no command to reload them as in a regular hanger can.

As per this posts:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg103584#msg103584

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104195#msg104195

They should be able to do it if they have these 3 things.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:05:19 PM by DFNewb »