Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39218 times)

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2020, 07:57:57 AM »
After getting a second species in my empire, the Create Colony button in Naval Organisation>Fleet>Movement Orders no longer functions correctly.

Prior to getting a second species, it creates a colony.  Afterwards in brings up a window asking me to select a species, a drop down with the 2 species in my empire, and a checkbox which is unlabelled (at least on testing after doing a save/load, but when I first experienced the issue, it was tagged "Set field position ONLY for subordinate formations").  No matter what options on this are selected, a colony is not created.

Create Colony in the System Generation and Display window functions fine as before (does not ask for a species).

DB of game where this is happening attached, to reproduce just got to the Movement Orders tab for any fleet in the Naval Organisation window, and use the Create Colony button.

The function number NA
The complete error text NA
The window affected Naval Organisation>Fleet>Movement Orders
What you were doing at the time Trying to create a colony to land a survey team on.
Conventional or TN start Conventional.
Random or Real Stars Real (systems have all been renamed)
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy, at least on provided db.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 80 years.

The following users thanked this post: Second Foundationer

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »
After getting a second species in my empire, the Create Colony button in Naval Organisation>Fleet>Movement Orders no longer functions correctly.

Prior to getting a second species, it creates a colony.  Afterwards in brings up a window asking me to select a species, a drop down with the 2 species in my empire, and a checkbox which is unlabelled (at least on testing after doing a save/load, but when I first experienced the issue, it was tagged "Set field position ONLY for subordinate formations").  No matter what options on this are selected, a colony is not created.

Create Colony in the System Generation and Display window functions fine as before (does not ask for a species).

DB of game where this is happening attached, to reproduce just got to the Movement Orders tab for any fleet in the Naval Organisation window, and use the Create Colony button.

I hadn't noticed because I used the race dropdown in the system window for founding colonies VB6-fashion. But it is the same in my 1.9 -> .5 lucky savage universe and should be observable from both dbs I attached in previous posts in this thread. The same Create Colony dialog is also dysfunctional in the Minerals window.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »

When exploring many systems via SM mode, the galaxy map's automatic graph generation starts to double the distance between each system, quickly making the galaxy map unusable.
6. Open up the galaxy map and observe that the distance between these systems keeps increasing on the map.

The "distance" displayed on the Galaxy map is the distance from whichever system is selected. If you have Sol selected, then yes, the distances will (usually) all increase the further you get from Sol. Select a different system and the numbers all change to reflect the distance from that system.

I meant the length of the line on the galaxy map, not the distance numbers.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical map.
What you were doing at the time: Trying to manually plot an intercept course.
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Random.
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy.

The Body/Fleet coordinates option in the Display tab does nothing.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
There was a topic under Mechanics.

It happend to me to conquer a precursor base, where they had thousand of missles (I can see those missles from the economy window and stockpiles also.

I have an ordnance transfer station, however I cannot load them on my warship, I am able to see my designed missles only.

Has the possibility to use alien missles not implemented yet?

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Ship window - Ordnance
What you were doing at the time: Trying load precursors missles on my warship
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? Period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy.

I have attached my db if someone wants have a look at it.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2020, 03:01:08 PM »
v1.9.5

Function #336: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I had assigned a target to a fleet of ships and selected to open fire. They were in range and ready. I clicked 5 seconds, and got the error message pop up.

DB attached, but it's right after the error message, not right before it. Target was destroyed, so it probably won't pop the error again.

If the target was a ground unit this is already fixed for next release.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
v1.9.5

Function #840: The given key was not present in the dictionary

This occurred when I hit the 8 hour, and it triggered yet another massacre of my poor troops on Beta Cassiopiae A II. I might have lost all of the troops, and the transports that were trying to pick them up before their untimely demise had nothing to pick up. Or, maybe the Brigade HQ formation had fully perished, and that was the lead formation I was trying to pick up with all sub units.

Are you saying you got this when having a pickup order for a unit which was destroyed in ground combat before the order could complete?

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2020, 03:14:43 PM »
The function number:  1531
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: NA
What you were doing at the time: Time increment 30 days
Conventional or TN start: TN
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy see db

Might be linked to new alien contacts in system Alpha Chamaeleontis

I'm getting errors straight on opening that db but not the one you mention, what did you do to the poor thing? It looks corrupted and probably not possible to connect to a single bug at this point. Did you get your error before saving or are you getting it after loading it up?
Was there any db editing involved?

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »
The function number:  1531
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
What you were doing at the time: Time increment 30 days
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy see db

Might be linked to new alien contacts in system Alpha Chamaeleontis

I'm getting errors straight on opening that db but not the one you mention, what did you do to the poor thing? It looks corrupted and probably not possible to connect to a single bug at this point. Did you get your error before saving or are you getting it after loading it up?
Was there any db editing involved?
I just tried that save file.  There are a bunch of errors at startup due to missing medal graphics, but those are harmless and likely due to using a custom image pack.  Clicking 30 days then gives the specified error.  Maybe you had a download error?

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The function number:  478, 1943, 1951
The complete error text: 478 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1943 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1951 - An item with this key has already been added (not copletely sure about this one, it is translation from my language)
What you were doing at the time: I discovered Precursor space forces via thermal sensor. While conducting gravitational and geological survey of the system.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Unable to reproduce

I encountered infinitete series of these three errors. They continue to happen and it is necessary to force Aurora to close.

It happend to me twice in two different star systems. But in both cases I was unable to reproduce the bug with my saved DBs.

While I cannot reproduce I want to pass this one on to Steve. Since you say you got a thermal contact, did it pop up first and you then started getting the errors in the same increment without being able to do anything else in between? or was it different increments? Any further detail you can give on the exact sequence of events could help.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2020, 03:31:04 PM »
I just tried that save file.  There are a bunch of errors at startup due to missing medal graphics, but those are harmless and likely due to using a custom image pack.  Clicking 30 days then gives the specified error.  Maybe you had a download error?

It was not the graphics ones, will retry downloading.
Edit: Yes, was corrupted during download, could reproduce now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:42:03 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2020, 05:20:04 PM »
It's looking to me like you can clone your ground units by moving them around between different ground forces windows.

Open multiple ground forces windows with shift click, then drag unit elements from your formations in the additional windows to one formation in one specific window.  When you are dragging some element out of a formation in one window, the element is only removed from that formation in THAT window, not in the other windows you have open, which means you can duplicate your units as many times as you have windows open.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »
It's looking to me like you can clone your ground units by moving them around between different ground forces windows.

Open multiple ground forces windows with shift click, then drag unit elements from your formations in the additional windows to one formation in one specific window.  When you are dragging some element out of a formation in one window, the element is only removed from that formation in THAT window, not in the other windows you have open, which means you can duplicate your units as many times as you have windows open.
I'm betting that this is just a refresh bug.  When you refresh a window or open a new one, is the unit still duplicated, or is it in the last place you dropped it?

Offline amschnei

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
I also have a file that is generating the #1951 -> #1943 -> #478 error loop, if more info on that one is needed.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2020, 01:32:04 AM »
Version 1.9.5 started as 1.9.0
The function number:  478, 1943, 1951
The complete error text: 478 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1943 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, 1951 - An item with this key has already been added (not copletely sure about this one, it is translation from my language)
What you were doing at the time: I discovered Precursor space forces via thermal sensor. While conducting gravitational and geological survey of the system.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Unable to reproduce

I encountered infinitete series of these three errors. They continue to happen and it is necessary to force Aurora to close.

It happend to me twice in two different star systems. But in both cases I was unable to reproduce the bug with my saved DBs.

While I cannot reproduce I want to pass this one on to Steve. Since you say you got a thermal contact, did it pop up first and you then started getting the errors in the same increment without being able to do anything else in between? or was it different increments? Any further detail you can give on the exact sequence of events could help.

It was in the same increment - I detected the Precursors and started getting the errors. I was pressing enter to try to get through the errors. I was on auto turns (1 day increments and auto sub-pulse length) so the game continued but so did the errors in each further increment.

One more thing - I had 4 or 5 systems with Precursors in this game, I got the errors twice and with the rest there were no errors when I detected the Precursors.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 02:26:20 AM by Bughunter »