Author Topic: v5.0 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 10683 times)

Offline Thtb

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
Re: Official v5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »
Turning on a

Active Search Sensor S5000-R100 (1)     GPS 500000     Range 5,000.0m km    Resolution 100

for the first time results in unlimited overflow errors, most likly spoted to many nprs to handle (started with 2 ai enemys)

Offline rdgam

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
I still cannot rebuild a PDC.  You can schedule the industry work and it says it succeeds, but the PDC does not change class.
This is one 5.01.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
Contacts list (Both F3 and F8 screens) (same list?)  are not updating with changed abreviations from ctrl-F5 Deplomacy screen.  Multiple races on Earth initially detected and assigned Sol for abreviation and changed to reflect empire assignments (ie European Union changed to EU and Contacts list still show Sol even after refresh).
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »
Win7 64bit here, version 5.01. I don't think the OS matters, though.

When I press F9 on the System Map, I get lots of error 76s, pointing at a lack of planet images or something. Trying to access the Galactic Map screen yields similar errors as well.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
Quote from: "Shadow"

When I press F9 on the System Map, I get lots of error 76s, pointing at a lack of planet images or something. Trying to access the Galactic Map screen yields similar errors as well.

First thing I'd do is verify you have the Maps subdirectory under your Aurora install. If not, grab it from the last full build and extract it.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"

First thing I'd do is verify you have the Maps subdirectory under your Aurora install. If not, grab it from the last full build and extract it.

When I was unpacking Aurora on my new W7/64bit laptop it refused to create the Flag/Medal/Ship/Planet subfolders until I fiddled the UAC (User Agent Controls, I think) and permissions.  Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what I did to get it to work.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Quote from: "lastverb"
I told - i was using sensor survey ships - normal exploaration way. I know conditions confirmed by steve - those wrote in hint ingame (oxy 0.07 - 0.4, temp -40 - 60, grav 0.4 - 2.5, no ruins). on other pc i got expected effect - npr on nearly every planet in those ranges, but not on this pc.

With a problem that's specific to a single PC like that, I don't think we can help you.  I'm sorry to say your only options are not to play Aurora on that PC or to manually create all your NPRs.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »

Hmm. Seems either the original installation forgot to copy the Flags, Medals, Planetjpeg, Races and Ships folder, or I forgot to extract them manually from AuroraUpdate491.zip.

The F9 screen works alright now, but the Galactic Map can't find the Flags folder even though I just extracted it into the Aurora folder. I guess it's in the right spot. Unless it's supposed to be inside another folder besides Aurora's.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »

Hmm. Seems either the original installation forgot to copy the Flags, Medals, Planetjpeg, Races and Ships folder, or I forgot to extract them manually from AuroraUpdate491.zip.

The F9 screen works alright now, but the Galactic Map can't find the Flags folder even though I just extracted it into the Aurora folder. I guess it's in the right spot. Unless it's supposed to be inside another folder besides Aurora's.

There was a "supplemental" flag folder with 3 or 4 extra flags. I thought Steve had incorporated those into the main file though.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 08:39:32 PM »
Those are in place, too. :/

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »
Steve -

I have encountered an interesting bug in 4.77, and I suspect it is the same in 5.0+.

I recently had the opportunity to engage several pre-trans-newtonian ICBM's with the latest Imperial AMM's.  The ICBM's were moving at 10 kps, while the AMM's were moving at 40,000 kps.  The AMM's chance to hit something moving at 1,000 kps is 1680%, so for something moving at 10 kps I would expect it to be something like 168000%.  Or, in other words, a sure thing <G>.

Therefore, I was somewhat surprised when I got the following message on the Event Update screen:

Salvo of 5x Shrike II AMM has intercepted its target.  Chance to hit 0%: (Missile Speed 40000 km/s / Target speed 10 km/s) x Missile Agility 36 x Grade Bonus 0%
Missile #1 missed
Missile #2 missed
Missile #3 missed
Missile #4 missed
Missile #5 missed
55x Shrike II AMM intercepted their targets.  Hits: 0

Definitly not what I expected,a nd, I suspect, not something that has ever come up before.  

Kurt

Offline laz

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2010, 05:13:25 AM »
Just loaded up my 5.1 game today

I had just designed a new colony ship to colonise my first terraformed world outside the solar system.

Got an error when I clicked to advance time

Error in create design
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Recordsheet
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "tech Systems"

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2010, 05:44:08 AM »
Having an issue with cycling orders using LPs to get between the A/B component and the C/D one.  Occasionally the orders get out of sequence so the freighters/colony TGs start heading out across deep space instead of to the LP.
Essentially it's:
  Pick up homeworld in A
  Intra-system jump component A to C
  Drop off at colony in C
  Intra-system jump component C to A
  Refuel at homeworld in A

and it changes to
  Drop off at colony in C
  Intra-system jump component C to A
  Refuel at homeworld in A
  Pick up homeworld in A
  Intra-system jump component A to C

They load OK then the intra-system jump command is prematurely dropping to the bottom of the queue.

I had to rescue the one cargo fleet from deep space as SM when I noticed the low fuel warning and saw them stuck in the middle of nowhere and now have to keep an eye on the system map to catch them as they set off in the wrong direction.

Stephen

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »
I started up a new conventional game. Difficulty 200, 2 starting NPR empires, my starting civilization size is 1bil.

Within a year or two, I start getting frequent  error dialogs when moving forward in time. Since I started conventional, these are almost certainly unrelated to my own actions, and are probably the results of the NPRs.

10+ occurrences of:
Error in GetLargestFriendlyPop
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

then 60ish occurrences of:
Error in PickUpColonists
Overflow

then 2ish occurrences of:
Error in CheckAvailableWorkers
Overflow

then 2ish occurrences of:
Error in UpdateWeath
Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.

I'm fairly sure I don't see these errors as often or as early when I start with a lower difficulty and/or a smaller population. I noticed one or two of these messages was reported in 4.8/4.9 with similar circumstances.

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 08:39:04 AM »
This may be a bug, and then again it may not be but just worded... weird.

when you create a new game and it says

Race Generation complete.
Starting industry has been created based on pop size and government type.

If this is a race with trans-newtonian capability, appropriate ships, ordnance and fighters should be added based on production at current levels.

Then it says - Any non player empires will now be created. making to seem like it was definately referring to you the player.

Well either this is a bug or the popup is wrong or i am doing something terribly wrong at new game screen because i never receive 2 years worth of ships in my homesystem when i choose trans-newtonian!

I did a little testing and i tried the "create ship systems and ship designs" option on/off and I still received no ships, just ship designs.

Thanks.