Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26631 times)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 01:52:20 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
I may have a bug.  I started with a conventional (pre-TN) start, with some ICBM missile bases.  I tried refitting one to a TN design, but after spending all the time and resources on it nothing appeared to have happened.

PDC refits (at least for missile bases) have been broke for a while now.  What I do is spend the "money" to refit all the bases, then edit the ICBM missile base class (the "refit from" class) properties and delete the "refit to" class (that doesn't have any bases bound to it).

John

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Official v5.14 Bugs Thread
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 05:08:16 PM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Wormholes:"Error in WormholeMoves"

Error 3265 was generated...DAO.fields

"Elemento non trovato in questo insieme" (element not found...)

I am getting this error as well. It seems to pop up every few months ( 4 maybe? I'm not sure)
I haven't seen any stable wormholes open, I don't know if this is normal considering I'm at least 20 years into the game.
DB is available if needed.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2010, 04:15:31 PM »
If a TF is on its way to unload ground troops at a colony being used as the beachead for invasion and the Invasion succeeds casuing the colony to be removed the troops are unlaoded at the vanished colony and go into limbo although they can be trasnferred using the Transferground unit to PDC or population button

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:13 AM »
Had the following problem with "disappearing TG" at the beginning of my game:

1)  Completed building Beagle --> TG "alpha reserve".
2)  Added SY task "build Discovery --> alpha reserve"
3)  From fleet org tab of F12, added "GeoSurvey 001" to org chart
4)  Added Beagle to GeoSurvey 001
5)  Hit the "Branch+Sub" button to create new GeoSurvey 001 TG containing Beagle
6)  Unbeknownst to me, this appears to have deleted TG alpha reserve (which was empty after Beagle transfered out, but still had SY tasks attached).  This orphaned the target of the Discovery build, which I noticed later in several ways (e.g. Discovery task didn't have a target SY)
7)  When Discovery completed, threw a couple of ship-build errors and then went off to limbo.  This computer doesn't have Access, so I can't go in and see what's going on in the DB, but I assume the ship is there with no TG assigned.

What I'd like to have happen is for TG alpha reserve to be bound to my SY, and not be deleted when it goes empty.  I thought this was the behavior that had been going on previously (e.g. 5.0) 'cuz I didn't notice this problem in my previous game even though I used the pattern a lot.

John

Offline Malamis

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
4.90 > 5.10 > 5.14

Whensoever I open a tug's Ship menu to establish a tractor beam, I get the error "3070 PopulateOtherships" saying ShipID is not a recognised parameter according to the jet database, and then I can only tug shipyards.

Offline Malamis

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
PS. MsJet40.dll databse version is xp sp3's version 4.0.9511.0

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
The civilian Shipping line doesnt get ship name and produce a bunch of null error... its not much of a game killer but hell i cant access all information since most of the ship will have no name, and when i fast forward i get PopulateShip error, PopulateCommander error, Loadship error and so on. I think it happent once i sent a survey team to venus before a colony has been established.

If you want i can send you my database, using 5.14

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »
Boggo2300 reported in this thread; http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2279&p=22012&hilit=+task+force#p22012 That whenever he assigned a TG to a TF it automatically reverted to the original Fleet Headquarters TF.  I have encountered the same issue.  I can't find any other posts on the subject; anyone know if there is a work around?
Welchbloke

Offline jocan2003

• j
Re: Official v5.14 Bugs Thread
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »
Relate to my old bug report about the shipping line getting null reference on ship and so on.

Using some method i found your password for the database and i went to take a look. I realised that if the ship name is too long the shipping line will keep the whole name even if the name is too big. And it wont be written in the databse, wich will lead to null reference because name si too long.

Possible fix for it is to add a check if name bigguer than X character truncate the name or reduce the possible name lenght we can give in the design window.

My full ship name was "Freighter - 1kkms - 25k - 35b" if a shipping line would take the ship it was leading to a too long name. Hence no saving in dabase for the name wich lead to null ref

Thats pretty much it.

Offline jocan2003

• j
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »
I hate the fact i cant edit but oh well...

Im sure it already has been reported but just in case, im using 5.14 and if i set my planet to supply terraforming station and another one to demand, neither of them will update as the civilian pick them up ( maybe relate to the fact there it doesnt update if it doesnt take a whole number? )

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Boggo2300 reported in this thread; http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2279&p=22012&hilit=+task+force#p22012 That whenever he assigned a TG to a TF it automatically reverted to the original Fleet Headquarters TF.  I have encountered the same issue.  I can't find any other posts on the subject; anyone know if there is a work around?

Use the organization tab to form the TG.  It will come out with the correct TF.

John

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "welchbloke"

Use the organization tab to form the TG.  It will come out with the correct TF.

John
Worked a charm, thanks John.
Welchbloke

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
One of my Xeno teams recovered a Small Jump Gate Construction - 150 module from an abandoned colony.  In the design window it lists as 55,000 tons.  I started sending freighters over to bring it back to Earth.  Two or three freighters brought over a small percentage at a time (.234059602959 of it or so), so I figured eventually all of it would be brought over.

Eventually has never come.  I finally got impatient after 20 or so years of doing this and, using my god-like powers, assembled a massive freighter fleet (300,000 cargo spaces) at the colony, and loaded up the module.  It eventually loaded up 1.030405060 modules.  Yet the colony Stockpile window still has 1xSmall Jump Gate Construction listed.  I again used my godlike powers to bring the fleet to Earth and told it to unload.  Earth still has 0xSmall Jump Gate Construction stockpiled after the fleet finished unloading.

I would have disassembled it on the colony a long time ago, except I cannot colonize this colony and I know of no way of moving the knowledge from one planet to another.

Offline Decimator

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »
Ok, so I made it to 2040 in my game, being a diplomatic guy, and an NPR granted me trade access. Pretty much my entire civilian fleet heads into their system to drop off goods. Then I get a message saying they revoked trade access due to worsening relations. The next increment, they blew up all my civilian ships in their system.  Presumably, they are seeing the civilian ships as military ships and dropping relations.

Original thread here: http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2571

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
Version 5.14:
Error in GenerateSystem: Error 3265 generated by DAO.fields.  Item not in this collection.  Has only occured once so far and was caused by a NPR not me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:20:49 PM by welchbloke »
Welchbloke