Author Topic: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 26387 times)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "welchbloke"
5.14 - First automated commander assignments (24 months) and all of my research projects lost their scientists.  Also, all of my naval commanders have lost their history prior to the automated assigment.  2 of my commanders have lost the medals that they were awarded.
Edited to add: It looks like the 'Replace All' function has been run.  Don't know how that happened..... I certainly didn't do it  :?
The only place the ReplaceOfficerCorps function is called is behind that button. Although if you had inadvertently pressed it, you would have seen a popup asking how many years worth of officers you wanted. Has anything else weird happened? Can you tell if the replacement of the officer corps happened at the time of the assignment update or was that just the first tiome you noticed a problem?

Steve
I think it may have happened prior to the assignment update; my laptop crashed a little time before and I think it may have occurred at that point (IIRC I had the Officers Screen selected) and I'm starting to wonder if the button somehow got activated when I was trying to recover the laptop.  I ended up doing a power recycle.  The more I think about it the more I think you shouldn't chase this one unless omeone else reports it.  On a related note, a couple of versions ago I used the Replace All button but changed my mind and pressed the cancel button but the officer corps was replaced anyway.  Is it supposed to behave like that?
Welchbloke

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
Greetings, i encountered a strange bug... fighter shooting trough the hull of their mothership.

I explain, i had a fighter on manual targetting and firing on a ship at point blank and the mothership was just next to the target too. The ship returned fire on my fighter so i ordered them to dock as i was preparing a jump out. I realised that while DOCKED they were still firing at the ennemy. I wasnt sure so i doubled check and yes if the fighter are firing at something they will keep firing at them as long you dont stop them ( that is in manual control dont know about auto-fire )

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »
Looks like there is a minor hic-up in the order things are checked.  I had Turret tracking speed 4000 queued up to be researched.  The same turn it came up and started to be researched I recovered a research instillation and was given the Turret tracking speed 4000.  I had to go in and manually stop the research project.

Offline sluissa

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
Strange, annoying, but not game breaking bug with the Naval Organization tab. Applies for both 5.02 and 5.14.

First, some background.

I use a setup with two monitors. My main monitor is a 1400x900 widescreen LCD. My second monitor is a standard ratio 1280x1024. When I play the game I have to move the windows that are too big to deal with on my main monitor over to my secondary monitor. It's actually quite handy since I can look at two windows at once, usually.

Anyway, I've found that with the naval organization tab under task groups, if the window is on my secondary monitor, I can't use most of the buttons. They all pop up with a window saying "Please select a Task Force or Branch". Moving it over to my primary monitor seems to fix this, but in that case I cant use any of the buttons on the bottom row of the window. But, if I decide to move it back to my secondary monitor after "fixing it" it won't let me change my selection on the organization chart. Whatever button I press will affect the last thing I selected when the window was on my main monitor. It even seems to attempt to allow me to add branches to no longer existing task forces or branches. Although I don't get an error and nothing appears on the chart.

I know this is a very rare scenario and I probably shouldn't expect it to be fixed and in fact it might just be a quirk of VB6 which is unfixable. I just figured I would mention it.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »
Quote from: "sluissa"
Strange, annoying, but not game breaking bug with the Naval Organization tab. Applies for both 5.02 and 5.14.

First, some background.

I use a setup with two monitors. My main monitor is a 1400x900 widescreen LCD. My second monitor is a standard ratio 1280x1024. When I play the game I have to move the windows that are too big to deal with on my main monitor over to my secondary monitor. It's actually quite handy since I can look at two windows at once, usually.

Anyway, I've found that with the naval organization tab under task groups, if the window is on my secondary monitor, I can't use most of the buttons. They all pop up with a window saying "Please select a Task Force or Branch". Moving it over to my primary monitor seems to fix this, but in that case I cant use any of the buttons on the bottom row of the window. But, if I decide to move it back to my secondary monitor after "fixing it" it won't let me change my selection on the organization chart. Whatever button I press will affect the last thing I selected when the window was on my main monitor. It even seems to attempt to allow me to add branches to no longer existing task forces or branches. Although I don't get an error and nothing appears on the chart.

I know this is a very rare scenario and I probably shouldn't expect it to be fixed and in fact it might just be a quirk of VB6 which is unfixable. I just figured I would mention it.

I am getting this too when using a monitor connected to my laptop.

I got around the message by selecting a branch and then hitting the up arrow/down arrow on keyboard. This seems to correctly change the focus and Aurora can work from that. So, it seems that whatever sets the focus/target onClick using a secondary monitor doesn't work.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Quote from: "sluissa"

First, some background.

I am getting this too when using a monitor connected to my laptop.

I got around the message by selecting a branch and then hitting the up arrow/down arrow on keyboard. This seems to correctly change the focus and Aurora can work from that. So, it seems that whatever sets the focus/target onClick using a secondary monitor doesn't work.

Strange, I am using a laptop with a secondary monitor too and have not had any issues.
I´m using XP-Home with the floating desktop XP offers, btw.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline YosemiteMark

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Y
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
I get this bug when:
- I have a scientist researching a tech
- I disassemble a salvaged Precursor tech on that planet
- The tech points granted would be enough to complete the tech research

Results are:
- Error dialog:
      Error in AddRaceTech.  
      Error 3201 was generated by DAO.RecordSet.
      You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'...
- Another dialog:
      Error 3021 was generated by DAO.RecordSet
      No current record...
- An entry in the Event Update (note: 2 spaces between "into" and "completed"
      Research into  completed on Earth
- On the next turn, the scientist is no longer researching the project.
- The project re-appears in the Create New Project list, with the full original amount of research points required to complete the tech.

If a scientist is *not* currently researching the project, the tech does seem to be granted as expected.

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »
Happent to me to, sad when the research is about to be done and it been over a 4 year he worked on.... Believe me i instanted it after eh..

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Because I did a pre-TN (conventional tech) start, I had ICBM Missile bases set up by the program before hand.  After building some TN missile bases, I started scrapping the ICBM missile bases.  Since you can't technically scrap an ICBM base, I destroyed it and had my salvagers clean up the wrecks.

So imagine my surprise when it said that 1xElectronic Counter-countermeasures - 5 was salvaged from the wreck of the Missile Complex.  This is in orbit around Earth and I do not even have Electronic Warfare researched (although it's on the list).

Offline Ametsala

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2010, 01:03:16 PM »
There seems to be a bug in the fuel usage calculation when the ship's in a nebula.

A survey ship that found a nebula started running low on fuel and the fuel usage seemed quite big considering that the ship was going at about 8% of it's max speed. Then I went to task groups screen and set the speed of the ship to the max speed in the nebula (just by clicking set as both the max speed and current speed already had the correct speed). This dropped the fuel usage to 8%. (screenie from events window: http://users.tkk.fi/~ametsala/nebula_fuel_bug.PNG)

It seems that the code that calculates fuel usage doesn't use the ships actual speed when the ship's in a nebula.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
I am not completely sure this is a bug but I recovered a fighter squadron and directed it to rearm, no problem, then directed it to launch, but only two fighters launched, thinking I had not given the squadron enough time to rearm I waited a while, and then ordered the squadron to launch, which all did - except the two that had previously launched! :?

[attachment=0:1merpdtq]Ftr Sqn 2.jpg[/attachment:1merpdtq]
IanD

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
I am not completely sure this is a bug but I recovered a fighter squadron and directed it to rearm, no problem, then directed it to launch, but only two fighters launched, thinking I had not given the squadron enough time to rearm I waited a while, and then ordered the squadron to launch, which all did - except the two that had previously launched!

OK this appears to be a strategy. You can base any number of fighters at a ground base for refuelling and rearming as long as you don't have them all trying to land at once.  :wink:

But I can still lanch 18 of twenty fighters from base 2 when base 1 is selected  in motherships box.

Regards
IanD

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
This is a new one to me.  

2 classes of fighters.  1 class has 3 size 2 box launchers and the other has 2 size 6 box launchers.  Organized them into seperate task groups for each class.  Set the fire controls on the F8 screen to assign only 1 launcher to each fire control too create a smaller salvo manually set each fighter for sychronized fire.  After first salvos launched I reset the F8 assignments to drop the assigned launcher and assigned to remaining launchers for follow up salvos.  

Launches occured as expected.

First salvos intercepted assigned targets, hits and damage resolved as normal.  

Follow up salvos disappeared after the first salvos from the launching platforms resolved intercepts, hits and damage!!  Targeting assignments did not change between salvos.

[spoiler:o6p5ofk3]Invader Cruiser took 125 strength 11 hits and isn't even streaming air!!  :shock:   Used developer password and found that I at least did some damage to the armor.  750 PA panels and armor depth of 15 on a 32k ton ship!!!!  I'm glad that I over build my Sol system fighter Corp.[/spoiler:o6p5ofk3]
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
[spoiler:2zyb3w0e]There appears to be an issue with plasma torp vs missile intercept during the phase that the torp intercepts it's target.  Beam point defense appears to be running correctly (though I haven't a clue what the percentages are for detination the PT's warhead)  but counter missiles aren't resolving.  Or at least are not showing in the game log.[/spoiler:2zyb3w0e]
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
[spoiler:eq5g69pq]After destroying an Invader ships absorbtion shield with meson fire I'm getting this error message "Error in ApplyShapedDamage" when resolve fire against that ship.  Suspect there is an issue in either Invader specific damage resolution or absorbtion shield code.

There also appears to be an issue with the AI for fire control and weapons allocation.  The Invader ship has 2 fire controls for the 16 Plasma Torps onboard.  But all fire has quit after one of the fire controls is disabled by my meson's[/spoiler:eq5g69pq]