Author Topic: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 26020 times)

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
Re: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »
Error 6 , overflow in fleet display if I active "show maximum weapon ranges" in sol - but it's probably quite hard to track what makes it do that.

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
Got an odd bug. Whenever I create a game with the same name as a previous(deleted) game, after race creation, the game goes on forever creating it, no error messages or nothing, just stays on game creation until I close the program. The game does show up, but I haven't played those games to see if they're alright

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »
My bug was traceable to a deployed buoy.  Not on a jump point, just floating there.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Sotak246

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
Got an odd bug. Whenever I create a game with the same name as a previous(deleted) game, after race creation, the game goes on forever creating it, no error messages or nothing, just stays on game creation until I close the program. The game does show up, but I haven't played those games to see if they're alright

Was just about to post this same bug, so just ditto it  instead

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »
I fought a battle today with space time bubbling over the battlefield, and when I was finished, every ship around earth reported shoreleave completed a while after ending the bubble. 

Offline Knight Otu

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: Knight Otu link=topic=5400. msg55530#msg55530 date=1349803607
Disclaimer first, I'm playing through Wine.   I got the first error during actual play (3315, Field Race.  RaceName can't be a zero-length string), followed by a likely endless number of 3201 errors (First, You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race', then tons of the same with table 'RaceMapDisplay').   Checking through SM mode after killing the process, there seems to be a new race that wasn't there at the start of the game, the Heart, but I don't know whether they are the culprits. 
As an update, I've encountered this twice more (at 100% NPR generation chance) when exploring jump points.  Each time, a new race appeared in SM Mode, as well as a system that not only lacks jump points, but also survey locations for jump points (meaning there probably is an isolated system out there that lacks an entry jump point from the first incarnation of the error).

Offline FluidDynamite

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
Hi all, been enjoying the new version very much! Registered to report a couple of bugs from my game:

1.  Adjusting of the Deployment Time under Crew Accommodations is still possible for locked designs.  I had a bunch of asteroid miners I accidentally left on Deployment Time = 3, changed it to 36.  A couple of turns later a bunch of the crew quarters of these asteroid miners started exploding due to being over capacity or something like that, heh.  This wasn't in SM mode btw.

2.  Missiles without an engine (engine number = 0) still has a "Engine Endurance" which value is stuck on that of the last engine selected.  After launch the missile's counter still ticks down but doesn't actually run out, but stays on the last time increment, for example a missile displaying 00:27:46 will still be 00:27:46 after a 30 day increment, but goes down to 00:27:41 after a 5 minute increment.

3.  These missiles without engines (I was trying to lay down a minefield) freezes construction cycles, as a couple of people has reported already.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »
As an update, I've encountered this twice more (at 100% NPR generation chance) when exploring jump points.  Each time, a new race appeared in SM Mode, as well as a system that not only lacks jump points, but also survey locations for jump points (meaning there probably is an isolated system out there that lacks an entry jump point from the first incarnation of the error).

I've had this happen twice. You don't need to kill the process, just keep Enter pressed down and eventually the errors go away. You don't even need to explore yourself - it seems that my game creation NPR race has found two AI races and as the game tries to create them, it runs into this problem.

Offline Darguel

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
Quote from: Bremen link=topic=5400. msg55420#msg55420 date=1349637332
With the new version, attempting to open the system information (f9) window generates the following errors:

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

-------------------------

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\b20. jpg'

Run-time error '53':

File not found: 'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

The program then closes. 

Manually adding the missing pictures appears to fix the problem for me; it may have been a problem with my install/patching process.

+1

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Cargo Hold - Small and Cargo Hold - Standard have their descriptions accidentally swapped.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »
Like Fluid Dynamite I too have the problem of adjustable Deployment Time while in the Ship Design window. Exploding freighters would've followed if I hadn't simply ordered the deconstruction of my military freighter fleet.

It needed replacement anyway.

I have also run into the problem of missing planet pictures, a11 and b20, just like a few others.

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »
Like Fluid Dynamite I too have the problem of adjustable Deployment Time while in the Ship Design window. Exploding freighters would've followed if I hadn't simply ordered the deconstruction of my military freighter fleet.

It needed replacement anyway.

I have also run into the problem of missing planet pictures, a11 and b20, just like a few others.

Bolded by me to show I too have the missing planet pictures. I duped a couple of the others to play

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
Tried creating a new game conventional start, 1000 pop, no missile bases. Rest of settings where default. New v6 database with no previous games.
Creation went on forever the database kept growing until I killed the process.
Killed process and loaded game but didn't see any issues.
Backed up db and then tried to run compact database to see if it would shrink it some but it gave a permission denied error and then spit up a never ending bug about updating the game log failing because of an invalid object.
If someone could PM me the DB password I can see what it may have filled the db with.

Offline peskyninja

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »
Quote from: niflheimr link=topic=5400. msg55640#msg55640 date=1350059106
Error 6 , overflow in fleet display if I active "show maximum weapon ranges" in sol - but it's probably quite hard to track what makes it do that. 
I'm getting that too.  It's pretty random.
 I'm also getting an error when creating an alien race the error is in my native language so I'll try to tranlate it.
Error 3315
The field "Race. Racename" Can't be a null character string.
And
Error 3201
It's impossible to add or modify registries, for it's necessary that they have a registry relationed in the "race" list.
The result of this. . . .  I believe my game has no aliens besides spoilers.

Offline Hernanduer

• Leading Rate
  • H
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
Whenever a fleet is given the "Join Fleet" order on another (say an asteroid mining fleet), the fleet given the order will go and carry it out, but the planet won't update to show that there are now more asteroid miners in orbit.  The same thing happens with terraformers.  You have to solve it by telling the new larger fleet to go to its destination again (in this case the asteroid)