Author Topic: The Northern Coalition (AAR)  (Read 44664 times)

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: The Northern Coalition (AAR)
« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »
Update to the update:
I have looked under SM...I had a previous bout of combat...that time 2 1 day turns were set up to do fleet intercepts then I immediately see reduced to 5s due to imminent action and in firing range.  That combat lasted about 30 min.

This time (some 5 or so days after the last one) I see again 2 1 days turns set up to fleet intercepts then again I see reduced to 5s due to imminent action...then I have 5 hours (so far) of "imminent action"...this looks like short range weapon armed ship with insufficient initiative so it can't close the range to where its weapon can fire as I never see "in firing range" or else I don't know: two fleets without missiles?  I have no idea what is going on ...I'll keep letting it run under auto turns to something over 6 hours....just to see if the situation fixes itself...but after this many turns I'm not sure what could "fix" the situation and get me out of this...   Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

note: my computer takes around 1 min to do the 5s turn...

Offline El Pip

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2020, 07:43:48 AM »
Going into Designer mode would allow you to take control of the NPR in question and fix the matter (destroy the ship, force it into range of the other, whatever).

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #392 on: February 08, 2020, 01:15:12 AM »
I have sent Steve a message about this...*crosses fingers it can be fixed*

Added in Edit:
Steve has replied...I have used the magical mode of designing...I can now confidently say that "race A" had a ship 60k from "race B" and A's weapon had 0 chance to hit...so A sat there attempting to shoot for the last 5 hours...I have given the ship orders to move closer....and am waiting for them to acknowledge them and change the chance to hit to something other than 0.   I hope this minimal intervention solves the issue...if I see damage I will just exit the MMoD and hopefully this will continue to a short conclusion...

Thanks again Steve!  "Steve! Saviour of the universe!"

Added in Edit 2:
It was more complicated...A's ship for some reason had 0 morale...so after I sorted it into range it still could not hit...so I deleted the ship as I could see no way to fix the morale issue and now the turn is progressing at my speed!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:10:35 AM by Paul M »

Offline El Pip

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
So I deleted the ship as I could see no way to fix the morale issue and now the turn is progressing at my speed!
Excellent news that you got there in the end and that this can continue. :)

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #394 on: February 13, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »
So I deleted the ship as I could see no way to fix the morale issue and now the turn is progressing at my speed!
Excellent news that you got there in the end and that this can continue. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, it has been over a month in game and no issue have shown up so the bullet has been well and truly dodged.  It is going a bit slow as I am doing a first-in scout which takes time due to visiting each planet and making sure the ship ends up in close proximity to each world to have its passive sensors have a good look at it.  Otherwise I'm finding that I forgot a few things due to distractions but things are more or less back on track.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55