Author Topic: 2.0 Bugs  (Read 15533 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2007, 09:30:04 AM »
Quote from: "Pete_Keller"
Many errors/comments:
Event message "XXX killed in training accident" and "XXX has developed a medical problem" do not list the job that XXX is assigned to (like retirement does)

Population and Production ->Industrial Production -- all the amount blocks are blank and default to 0.  Would prefer to default to one.

Population and Production ->Industrial Production -- Construction of planetary installations the word "Factories" (the upper left word) should read "Construction Factories".  I was confused for about a game year or 3 while I tried to figure out how to increase the factories.
All the above added for v2.1

If you are currently not researching anything, but have something queued in the pending area, on a time advance, you should move the top queued item to be the current research project.
Not sure how this situation would occur. If a project ends, the top queued item is moved in and there is no way to remove a project without replacing it. Unless someone accidently queues a project for an empty research lab instead of researching it, the above shouldn't happen.

In the current Research project, you should shade in the name field to represent % complete (starts out one color, and shades to another color as it completes)
Unfortunately the window text box doesn't support that ability.

In population location box, shade in the currently displayed population.
Not quite sure what you mean here. On which window is this box?

Add a button to the time controls "Advance to next event"
This is done by setting a movement sub-pulse. The movement phase will end at the end of any sub-pulse in which there is an event. However, this is much less efficient in performance terms so it is best to only use for specific time-critical situations, such as when two fleets are approaching and you want to halt time shortly after the initial contact report.

Queue shipyard assignments
This is quite a lot of work but I may add it in the future

Add a conditional order of "# spares left" to allow someone to move to nearest colony when # spares left = 1 for example
Added two new conditions. "1 Spare Remaining" and "2 Spares Remaining".

in System Map -> Display 2, add or change "Asteroids with colonies" to "Asteroids with colonies or minerals"
Some people may not want to see both at the same time so I have added an extra option for "Asteroids with Minerals Only"

Event message XXX built on YYY ... add "assigned to ZZZ fleet"
Added to v2.1

After about 80 years or so (my notes on this are missing), the program starts throwing an error every turn.

Without the error message it is difficult to diagnose the problem. However, try compacting the database (on the miscellaneous menu) as there are sometimes problems with database size in longer games.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »
Quote from: "mavikfelna"
I pick up Duranium on Earth, move it Mars, drop it off. It gets removed from the stockpile on Earth, but never gets added to the stockpile on Mars.
There is something odd going on here because an error this fundamental would get reported a LOT :) Can you tell me exactly what orders you were using. Also, is this only a problem for this mineral and these two planets or it is more a general problem with unloading minerals?

Also, is there any way to look at Precursors in a system? I had Precursors turned on and in a new system I got an Alien Fleet detected message but couldn't find any fleets there. Is the SM suppose to get any kind of note if there is a population or ruins in a system?
You can't look at precursors, even as the SM. However, if any fleet enters a system that contains alien pops or ships you will get an SM event.

Also, My CFF doesn't appear to be working. My freighters and colony transports are in two seperate fleets of purely 1 class each but they are having system failures at an alarming rate. Is there something that needs to be set to have them use the CFF?

Just occasionally give them the Freighter Maintenance Check order.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Bug or Working As Intended (tm)?

Fighter wings cannot land on carriers in fleets with shipyard tasks, regardless if the carriers are not in the shipyards themselves.

I don't remember setting any such restriction. Are you getting some type of error message or is this a problem on the orders window?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 09:41:05 AM »
If, for some dayquil-induced reason you assign the same research project to two different science outposts for the same race, and both complete the project, you get 2 of the item in the tech list.

LOL. You should be able to remove one of these with no ill effects.

Steve

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Bug or Working As Intended (tm)?

Fighter wings cannot land on carriers in fleets with shipyard tasks, regardless if the carriers are not in the shipyards themselves.
I don't remember setting any such restriction. Are you getting some type of error message or is this a problem on the orders window?

Steve

It wasn't adding the move order. But I think I figured it out. More of a PEBKAC issue than a programming one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 09:43:10 AM »
My cargo fleet is currently 3 ships each capable of holding a single jump gate component. I have moved them to the jump point where my construction ship is waiting but I have no option to unload the parts so I can go back and get the remainder so I can begin construction on the gate. Am I missing an option somewhere?

You need five components stored on freighters within the same fleet as the construction ship when you give the build order. After construction begins, you can split the freighters away from the jump gate ship and send them home.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
Quote from: "Shinanygnz"
Small oddity with Asteroid Mining.  With two asteroids that I have mined out using ship mounted extraction modules, I can not pick up the last 1 ton of any minerals the asteroid had.  The stockpile always remains at 1 no matter how many times I try.

Ships always pick up minerals in integers but they are mined in fractions and displayed as rounded integers. In this case, there is probably 0.8 (for example) tons left, which is displayed as 1 but your ship won't pick up fractions.

Steve

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »
I pick up Duranium on Earth, move it Mars, drop it off. It gets removed from the stockpile on Earth, but never gets added to the stockpile on Mars.

There is something odd going on here because an error this fundamental would get reported a LOT  Can you tell me exactly what orders you were using. Also, is this only a problem for this mineral and these two planets or it is more a general problem with unloading minerals?

Any colony I drop resources at this happens. I'm using the unload everything command.

--Mav
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by mavikfelna »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 09:52:13 AM »
The FLOP decided to take out the Andarmax Dominion. Total of around 60-70 ships between both sides.

Get a number of overflow errors in "FireShipWeapons". From what I can see, the ships do fire and inflict damage.

Not sure what is happening here. If this starts happening in the next battle, please can you send me a mid-battle database and I will try to track it down.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:24 AM »

There is something odd going on here because an error this fundamental would get reported a LOT  Can you tell me exactly what orders you were using. Also, is this only a problem for this mineral and these two planets or it is more a general problem with unloading minerals?

Any colony I drop resources at this happens. I'm using the unload everything command.

Can you use Unload All Minerals for the moment while I check into this problem. I have had problems with Unload Everything in the past

Steve

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
The FLOP decided to take out the Andarmax Dominion. Total of around 60-70 ships between both sides.

Get a number of overflow errors in "FireShipWeapons". From what I can see, the ships do fire and inflict damage.
Not sure what is happening here. If this starts happening in the next battle, please can you send me a mid-battle database and I will try to track it down.

Steve

I actually do have the database mid-fight. At home. It was running very slowly on Vista, so I just stopped it until I got back to work and XP. I'll send it tonight.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »
About once every other month or so, I get an Error 5 in Comet Motion.

May 6, July 16, Sept 26.

Could it be because I deleted a system? I did it from the F9 screen.

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
(No subject)
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 11:40:49 AM »
Still getting those occasional "Commander Fritz has increased his missile-flanging skill to 4.999995%"

*Name and skill made up.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2007, 05:51:39 AM »

Can you use Unload All Minerals for the moment while I check into this problem. I have had problems with Unload Everything in the past

I have tested this and it is working fine in my current campaign. However, its very possible I fixed it since v2.0 and don't remember so avoid using Unload Everything until v2.1 and please let me know if the problem still exists in that version

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2007, 05:57:26 AM »
Something bizarro just happened.

I sent a fleet through a unexplored jump point, and it connected to a previously explored system (on the galactic map only). In the event log, it showed a new system. As I attempted to move the systems around to prevent a line streaking across the map, I got 5 error 5 each time I moved a system.

I hit refresh, and the map fixed itself.

Any problems since? I also had a strange error when connecting to an existing system (but only once, not for every existing system) but it seems to have had no long term effect. Unfortunately, the occasional intermittent error is the hardest to pin down :( If you get the error again please send me a copy of the DB before hitting the refresh button.

Steve