Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40642 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2020, 08:38:55 AM »
Under display, ticking "Asteroid With Minerals Only" box leaves some asteroids showing on the system view, despite having no surveys completed.   I assume this is showing me all the asteroids that have minerals on them despite me not knowing that they have minerals on them.   "Asteroid With Colonies Only" hides these asteroids properly because there are no colonies on them.

Are they definitely asteroids and not comets?

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2020, 08:39:21 AM »
Attempting to create an NPR doesn't actually make one.  It runs through the race generation, when you attempt to advance time it spits out "Fucntion #1512: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Saving and reloading stops the function from popping up and shows no created NPR.

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
Attempting to create a conventional NPR crashes the game.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2020, 08:42:30 AM »
In the Mineral Survey Window, an Error #2026 will occur if the system seperator is not ". "(point)
changing all points to commas (if this is your system seperator) will fix the issue and the list will be shown, closing the window will reset every number to "0. 1" wich will throw the same error if not changed before search

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2020, 08:42:44 AM »
The options to have Sol surveyed at game start don't appear to work, I selected both to get into the swing of things quickly and it threw up an error about undefined distance. The game was still created but Sol is definitely not surveyed

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
Are there any plans to change the menus colour to standard Windows grey and blakc font ? This blue thing is really hard on my eyes..
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

The following users thanked this post: L0ckAndL0ad

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:47 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg120953#msg120953 date=1586698735
Quote from: Marslettuce link=topic=10636. msg120949#msg120949 date=1586698496
Under display, ticking "Asteroid With Minerals Only" box leaves some asteroids showing on the system view, despite having no surveys completed.    I assume this is showing me all the asteroids that have minerals on them despite me not knowing that they have minerals on them.    "Asteroid With Colonies Only" hides these asteroids properly because there are no colonies on them. 

Yes, because they disappear when "Asteroid With Colonies Only" is ticked, and comets don't.  Euphrosyne is among this group in the "Terran Federation" game.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:54 AM »
New Game -- Game Information window

Setting a negative date for "Starting Year" (say, for example, because one is doing a conventional start and wishes the calendar to count up from the Stardate of First Contact) generates the error:

"Function #1690: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime."

- - - - -

(VB Aurora had no problem with this, and would happily count forwards from 01 January -22 or -15 or -99 or whatever.)

Looks like that is a restriction of the DateTime object. I've added a check to avoid negative values.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2020, 08:45:57 AM »
Attempting to create a conventional NPR crashes the game.

Conventional NPRs should not exist. I'll disable that option.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 08:47:01 AM »
Are there any plans to change the menus colour to standard Windows grey and blakc font ? This blue thing is really hard on my eyes..

Not any time soon. I may add some colour options in the future but its quite a lot of work for all the windows so not a priority.

The following users thanked this post: GodEmperor

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
Unsure if it's a bug or just intended behaviour, but mass selecting technologies in the tech report window and then using Obsolete only obsoletes the top most technology, using the button again un-obsoletes that same tech as it retains that last active selection even though you technically have a multiple selection.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2020, 08:47:38 AM »
Prototype techs show up on the view technology screen with no indication that they are prototypes.  Would also be nice if the obsolete button could render more than one tech obsolete at a time.

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »
In the class design screen, double-clicking a ship part category will add the last component you added to the ship.  For example, if I add a single "Cargo Hold - Tiny", then click
[ + ] - Refuelling System twice, a second Cargo Hold - Tiny will be added to the ship.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2020, 08:48:49 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg120953#msg120953 date=1586698735
Quote from: Marslettuce link=topic=10636. msg120949#msg120949 date=1586698496
Under display, ticking "Asteroid With Minerals Only" box leaves some asteroids showing on the system view, despite having no surveys completed.    I assume this is showing me all the asteroids that have minerals on them despite me not knowing that they have minerals on them.    "Asteroid With Colonies Only" hides these asteroids properly because there are no colonies on them. 

Yes, because they disappear when "Asteroid With Colonies Only" is ticked, and comets don't.  Euphrosyne is among this group in the "Terran Federation" game.

Weird. I can't recreate this problem. Do they all have a 'U' next to them?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:13 AM »
Unsure if it's a bug or just intended behaviour, but mass selecting technologies in the tech report window and then using Obsolete only obsoletes the top most technology, using the button again un-obsoletes that same tech as it retains that last active selection even though you technically have a multiple selection.

I haven't coded mass selection.