Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 30612 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
It is not possible to create a colony when you right-click on a body in the map. I recall that worked in VB6.
Other way would be to add a search window to the system view, so you can find the smaller objects there... .

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »
I am getting no log entry for a fuel ship when it has low fuel. Only got a warning when it reached 0. Maybe some kind of check that sends a warning if the distance it has to take would lead to fuel depletion... .

Offline Caplin

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »
V 1.9.3, just using the Federated Nations game as a springboard for my own efforts.

No error text, I just noticed the retirement of Commander Georg Baumgarten, despite having a presumably rather important assignment in command of a survey ship. I was surprised as I didn't think that officers who were currently assigned were supposed to be able to retire. Was I just unlucky?

DB attached.

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2020, 02:58:06 PM »
1. 9. 3 Bug Ship Class design editor:

Somehow I had gotten a 2nd engine type selected (never clicked it dont know how that happened) and I go to minimize a category of modules (wide view mode on) and I get the error that "Only one type of engine can be added to a class" happens whenever you open and then close a category. 

This is because any double-click in the confines of the components section counts as a double-click on the currently selected component and adds it (or 5x or 20x etc). Technically not any double-click: if the mouse is lower down than the bottom of the list for either click, or if you change the selected component with the second click, then they won't count. So when you rapidly open or close categories, your "double-clicks" are adding the selected component. That's the bug.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »
Loading a buoy as a previous design in missile design raises a null error on function 2044 and 2043, presumably because of the No Engine check box settings not being copied when you load a buoy.

Trying to add a new kind of missile in a full magazine will lead to this : (Class design view)

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »
Complete aurora.exe app unresponsive for a couple of minutes upon increment. 17% CPU usage  - 136mb memory usage
Several subsequent intervals.

What you were doing at the time
2 possible situations:
1) Bombed a alien military contact to 0 hp and had only non-combat ground units left on the planet.
2) Had ships in overhaul and was repairing them at the same time.

Conventional or TN start
TN

Random or Real Stars
Real

Is your decimal separator a comma?
No

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
One-off so far.

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
Year 91

Edit: Saving and restarting seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 04:06:47 PM by DoctorDanny »

Offline Polestar

• P
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »
Game slow-down; save is attached.

The time taken to process increments has suddenly increased in my game, to an extent that seems disproportionate to the current game complexity, and I have what I hope is a straightforward DB file to check.

Best guess is that the slow-down has to do with the alien contact in the NN 3145 system. I'm guessing they're Precursors. Whatever they are, they have at least one mobile ship chasing my fleet "GSV Illuminator of the Webway 5".

Minor things:
I have labeled the NN 3145 system. Only the first line of a map label displays fully on screen.

Offline Narhalles

• Leading Rate
  • N
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2020, 04:47:49 PM »
Quote from: kyonkundenwa link=topic=11173. msg129759#msg129759 date=1588363086
Quote from: Narhalles link=topic=11173. msg129733#msg129733 date=1588353168
1.  9.  3 Bug Ship Class design editor:

Somehow I had gotten a 2nd engine type selected (never clicked it dont know how that happened) and I go to minimize a category of modules (wide view mode on) and I get the error that "Only one type of engine can be added to a class" happens whenever you open and then close a category.   

This is because any double-click in the confines of the components section counts as a double-click on the currently selected component and adds it (or 5x or 20x etc).  Technically not any double-click: if the mouse is lower down than the bottom of the list for either click, or if you change the selected component with the second click, then they won't count.  So when you rapidly open or close categories, your "double-clicks" are adding the selected component.  That's the bug.

No it happens with quite slow clicks.  I tried clicking moving mouse over to other monitor and back.  2-3 sec between.

Offline rekrats

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »
Strange number installations. 

Added 4 spaceports as supply on Earth. 
Added 1 demand on Luna, Mars, Venus and Titan. 

Ended up with 1.  0125 spaceports on Venus, 1.  025 on Mars.   tried to add 0.  0125 supply on Venus to shift the "Digits" back with Civilian but it seems that i am not allowed to add
a supply < 1 for civilians.   I always get an error "Wrong input format". 

Will ship the Spaceports back with civilian and do them 1 after another.   Would be nice if such numbers would be generated by civilian transports because such numbers cause pain :)

Seems the same Problem exists with infrastructure.  I currently have 5 606. 6355 infrastructure on Luna.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:51:16 PM by rekrats »

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Karsten

• Leading Rate
  • K
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread Timing Behaviour changed
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2020, 04:55:14 PM »
After switching from 1. 9. 0 to 1. 9. 3 i noted that task like ship building, research and construction take significant less time.
To get research times that make at least a little sense i had change research speed from 100 to 1. 
I also noted a mess up the ". " and "," when entering decimal places.  I am using German windows setting.  The "," is the separator. 
With 1. 9. 3 input of decimal places only worked when using ". " as a separator.  However the display the entered value used the ",".  This was behavior i did not observe with 1. 9. 0.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »
After switching from 1. 9. 0 to 1. 9. 3 i noted that task like ship building, research and construction take significant less time.
To get research times that make at least a little sense i had change research speed from 100 to 1. 
I also noted a mess up the ". " and "," when entering decimal places.  I am using German windows setting.  The "," is the separator. 
With 1. 9. 3 input of decimal places only worked when using ". " as a separator.  However the display the entered value used the ",".  This was behavior i did not observe with 1. 9. 0.
Check this post.
Aurora is a hobby project coded for use on a UK computer. Therefore, you will need to change your decimal separator to a period, rather than a comma, for optimum performance. Otherwise you will suffer invalid string errors.
This thread has info on how to change it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:08:04 PM by JacenHan »

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2020, 05:44:04 PM »
The function number  2926
The complete error text  Reference to an object not set on an object instance
The window affected        Shipyards
What you were doing at the time   Retooling an empty shipyard (the second click was successfull
Conventional or TN start      TN
Random or Real Stars          Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?    No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?   one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well  13y long

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2020, 06:07:45 PM »
I don't know if it is WAI, but suddently I discovered5 tech related to ground forces for free.

The function number  N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected        N/A
What you were doing at the time   5 day increment (the first civilian mining operation has been established on a comet)
Conventional or TN start      TN
Random or Real Stars          Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?    No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?   one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well  14y long

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2020, 06:16:22 PM »
v1.9.3
In "Ground Forces" window, the rank you set in "Formation templates" are apparently not respected. Even though a formation template is shown to have a rank of e.g. R6, when the unit constructed it still shows wanting to have an R7 commander under "Order of battle" view. (and subsequently trying to assign a R7 commander to it with auto-assignment on.)

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:55 PM »
v1.9.3
Under "Economics" window, Shipyards, checking "Use Components" when building a ship does not update estimated time of completion. (though the completion date is expectedly shorter as shown in "Shipyard Tasks" tab, after actually creating the task)