Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22488 times)

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2020, 08:09:02 AM »
Still seem to be not getting an event pop-up / game pause when my Geo Survey ship has completed its orders.

Just found it orbiting Sedna with no orders ( was survey nearest planet/moon ).

with "all events" shown there is no mention of vessel completing orders ( Event days 720 , Max events 1000 )

DavidR

PS    looking at the ship History ,  Sedna was surveyed on 18 Nov 2022 and I am currently at 14 January 2023 with no indication I have a vessel awaiting orders
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:38:06 AM by davidr »

The following users thanked this post: Resand, Ancalagon

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2020, 08:17:42 AM »
I've found one of my freighters is taking a longer route through Lagrange points rather than travelling direct.

In the screenshot below, you can see that FT Yokosuka has just exited LP3 on the right-hand edge of the screen headed for Omuamua. It started at Earth and went to LP2 to get to LP3. On the way back to Earth it goes direct (second screenshot).

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2020, 08:19:31 AM »
My apologies, but this bug is occuring on 1.51. I'm reporting it anyway simply because there's a fair amount of luck involved in reproducing it, so it might be a while before I can capture it again in a newer version.

I found a planet with ruins, and they're amazing; an intact abandoned colony with 400+ goodies to dig up! (That's not the bug; don't fix that.) Now that I've got some construction units in place digging up something most weeks, I occasionally get an error that I reported last week, the one about not being able to load the Entity Framework library. It only happens when they dig something up, and on those weeks it may happen more than once. I think, but cannot prove, that it only happens if they dig up a deep-space tracking network. Based on this, I suspect that an NPR has dug up some ruins, and that accounts for the occurance I previously reported (though they could also be unrelated.)

However, I noticed an additional detail, which you'll be able to see in the screenshots I'll post. Each time I get this error message, alien components are added to the colony's stockpile. They aren't announced in the log, but you can see them in the screenshots.

Before dismissing the error message:

After dismissing the error message eight times:

I hope that helps narrow it down!

Edit: It just happened again, and it announced that I got a "Jump Point Stabilization Module - 150", and that is indeed what showed up in the stockpile. I suppose the tracking station thing was only confirmation bias after all :)

The images don't seem to be appearing.

Do you have .NET frameworks 4.0 or later installed? Once I get around to a proper installation program that should be sorted but you can add it manually in the meantime. That may be the cause of the Entity Frameworks error. Most windows users will have it installed anyway because another program will have included it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:11 AM »
Titan's environment is not updating:

DB attached.

It is updating. Take a screenshot, then update 5 days and compare.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
Thanks for the bug fixes Steve, wish those jerks on reddit would respect your wishes.

While colonies now tap into their trade good production of (LG) Infrastructure, I can't seem to get the civies to trade any of the LG infrastructure.   They'd rather just send wine, etc.  from Ceres to Earth than export any LG Infrastructure to outlying colonies.

Infrastructure, LG or normal, won't be available if the colony of origin is a destination or has need of the infrastructure it produces.

Civs will look for shorter journeys first. If two trips are the same length, they will prioritise LG, then normal, then trade goods.

I guess one option is to change that mechanic so they check LG/Infra for all distances and then check other goods for all distances. It would add some performance overhead.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
Titan's environment is not updating:

DB attached.

It is updating. Take a screenshot, then update 5 days and compare.

Shouldn't there be non-zero Greenhouse Gas Pressure?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:42 AM »
Still seem to be not getting an event pop-up / game pause when my Geo Survey ship has completed its orders.

Just found it orbiting Sedna with no orders ( was survey nearest planet/moon ).

with "all events" shown there is no mention of vessel completing orders ( Event days 720 , Max events 1000 )

DavidR

PS    looking at the ship History ,  Sedna was surveyed on 18 Nov 2022 and I am currently at 14 January 2023 with no indication I have a vessel awaiting orders

Got the same thing, Survey fleet stopped about a month ago. No message.
Adding DB as example of this issue and the "all roads leads to Sol" as I got that one also in this game.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline muzzlehead

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2020, 08:51:01 AM »
This is a minor bug:

If I open a Fleet's Set Speed input in the Naval Organization window under the Fleet Tab and I do not change the speed but just select OK as opposed to closing via the X, it throws a 'Function #939: Input string was not in a correct format'.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
I don't know why you're so hostile, all you had to say was "yes, I am using the installations, not the terraforming modules".  The two gases aren't counted because of the (F), whatever that even means.  In the meantime, try using SM mode to add the gases.

(F) means frozen out. The gas has turned solid and is on the surface, not in the atmosphere. It will turn into gas once the temperature is high enough.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
Thanks for the bug fixes Steve, wish those jerks on reddit would respect your wishes.

While colonies now tap into their trade good production of (LG) Infrastructure, I can't seem to get the civies to trade any of the LG infrastructure.   They'd rather just send wine, etc.  from Ceres to Earth than export any LG Infrastructure to outlying colonies.

Infrastructure, LG or normal, won't be available if the colony of origin is a destination or has need of the infrastructure it produces.

Civs will look for shorter journeys first. If two trips are the same length, they will prioritise LG, then normal, then trade goods.

I guess one option is to change that mechanic so they check LG/Infra for all distances and then check other goods for all distances. It would add some performance overhead.

honestly civvies not being perfect in what they trade might not be a bad thing. Sure it's a bit annoying when you want the colony to grow, but if you need it now! you can always produce and ship infrastructure yourself.

This way the civvies has "a mind of their own"
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2020, 08:53:52 AM »
v1. 6. 3

Unable to move a Ground Unit out of a Headquarters regiment to root (i. e.  not under any Headquarters Regiment).  The tree view updates but the HQ regiment details does not update.  Said unit reverted to be under the HQ when Closing and reopening the window.

See picture, drag and drop according to the red arrow.

Have you tried the Clear Hierarchy button?

That is a weird-looking font BTW.

The following users thanked this post: pwhk

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2020, 08:56:17 AM »
I have a weird bug on my second research planet, where most of the population is in orbital habitats.
For some reason the button to Add RL is greyed out, even if I have more labs and the scientist has enough skill to handle more labs.

I have also attached my db, but this is a 1.5.1 game.

Edit: The problem fixed itself after closing and reopening the game. And it now works as it should
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:16:22 AM by punchkid »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2020, 08:57:19 AM »
The select increment length buttons on the galaxy map don't start a turn. The button gets highlighted, but no turn processing begins.

I'm not sure if this is a bug as I don't usually use Standing orders, But the "survey nearest survey location" order sent my GEV ship to do a geo survey.
I was under the impression that "Survey nearest body" was exclusively geo surveys, while "Survey next survey location" was exclusively grav surveys.
If I'm wrong then I apologise, if I'm right perhaps the label should be "Survey next Grav Location" or something like that.
Its possible the bug is happening because the whole system was already surveyed. I added more jump points and assumed those would unflag the system as being not explored. I was testing the bug where systems link back to sol and was wondering what the behaviour for hidden jump points would be. Probably working as intended as you can still resurvey the system by manually flagging each survey location.

Please can you recheck the standing orders. I haven't seen that bug before and it sounds like something that a lot of people would report.

Galaxy map buttons are also working fine for me.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2020, 08:57:41 AM »
This is a minor bug:

If I open a Fleet's Set Speed input in the Naval Organization window under the Fleet Tab and I do not change the speed but just select OK as opposed to closing via the X, it throws a 'Function #939: Input string was not in a correct format'.

Got the same thing, I assume it's the same reason for you as me.
It seems be another one of the "Aurora is very picky about formatting" issues.

When I opened that menu the speed was shown as 1 300 instead of 1300. Changing it to 1300 made the error go away.
Permanent fix was to change another formatting setting on the PC. The digit grouping this time.

Edit: Would be nice if we did not have to do this all the time Steve. For when the bug torrent slows down a bit :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:59:43 AM by Resand »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2020, 09:01:21 AM »
Oh an unrelated thing that's persisted since 1.  0.  0, if you mark an old ship design as obsolete it doesn't appear as a design you can select for refitting, yet you can select it for scrapping.   Presumably this is not WAI?

Please recheck. This bug was fixed in a previous version and obsolete classes are appearing in the Refit From dropdown for me.