Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29394 times)

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
I just started a brand new 1.9.3 game and unfortunately ran into a potential game-breaking issue. Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, doing nothing but waiting to research TN tech.

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated many times but I was eventually able to click through them.

I played through it for a couple more months, I never received another error popup, but the game eventually froze completely and I had to terminate it. This happened 26 Oct 2026, game time. After restarting I didn't get a freeze, but it does drop into 5-second increments about that time for NPR combat.

Most recent database (and previous DB, in case that helps reproduction) is attached.

This is it. This is the NPR related string of errors I had earlier. It has something to do with NPRs generating a new NPR.

I had this error as well in my current game, but it was I who discovered the NPR. After capturing their planet (which has 6b aliens and no installations) I now get a recurring function 4 object reference not set.
DB attached
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:05:08 AM by Nori »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
Formation Templates: The Civilian Garrison CGR is hidden when you open that window; but when you for example add a new template, they become visible in the template list.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2020, 10:03:32 AM »
Conventional start, real stars 1.9, upgraded to 1.9.3 in two steps. Preexisting condition: a pair of TechID-twinned "Tank Destroyer" designs – they don't seem to cause trouble and will remain until I replace the existing units with an upgraded version.

Minor glitch with the Select Name window. I cannot pin the condition down precisely. 1. I rename one thing, in case A: a ship design via select name (from themed names). Then I want to rename another – in case A: a system –, click select name, then change my mind and click cancel. The system is still renamed, to the name I had selected before, in case A for the ship design. 2. Followed the same steps (as far as I know) to reproduce, but couldn't. Cancel button indeed cancelled. 3. Case B: I *manually* rename a system body, then click and cancel Select Name for the system, system is renamed to the name I gave the body.

Has anyone got a 'twinned ground units' bug in a brand new v1.9.3 game? (not in a game that was previously running in a different version)

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it. It was confusing. They were carried over from 1.9. I just try to be as comprehensive as I can.

No, it is is important. This was a bug was in 1.9.2 so if units were created in that version, the bug would still exist in v1.9.3. A new game in v1.9.3 should not have the the bug. Which is your situation?

Offline Hastermain

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »
Context: first time I load a saved game (saved it every now and then while playing, closed the app one time, first time I reopen the game to play a saved game)

The function number: 1170, followed by a good number of 3056s and 3060s, followed by infinite (literally) 3056s

The complete error text:

at bootup, 1 window:
#1170: object cannot be converted from dbnull to other types

some time later, after booting up:
#3056: object reference not set to an instance of an object
#3060: object reference not set to an instance of an object

What you were doing at the time: loading the game

Conventional or TN start: TN

Random or Real Stars: Real Stars

Is your decimal separator a comma?: Period, thousands separator a comma

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? not sure
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: about 35 years

Installation: fresh install, 1.5.1 -> 1.9 -> 1.9.3, always deleting the files before extracting new ones

literally broke my game :(

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
Version: 1.9.2
The function number: #2941
The complete error text: The given key was not present in the dictionary
The window affected: Tactical (affected system)
What you were doing at the time: Started Grav Survey “conditional order” & auto turn (1 day construction cycle)
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No (ENG-UK regional settings)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off
Length of the campaign: 26 Years in game & first system survey after Sol.

The bugs thread for 1.9.2 is closed, but i thought i should report this bug.

Version 1.9.3 confirmation (in the same game)
#2941: The given key was not present in the dictionary
Action: SM explore jump point

After the error the jump point disappears.
If you reload the game the error doesn't reappear, i guess it's a problem with system generation.

It is a problem with generating the age of stars - can't recreate though. There is only one place that error could occur so I've added an extra check to throw an additional error with more information.

The following users thanked this post: Bubbaisagod

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »
Conventional start, real stars 1.9, upgraded to 1.9.3 in two steps. Preexisting condition: a pair of TechID-twinned "Tank Destroyer" designs – they don't seem to cause trouble and will remain until I replace the existing units with an upgraded version.

Minor glitch with the Select Name window. I cannot pin the condition down precisely. 1. I rename one thing, in case A: a ship design via select name (from themed names). Then I want to rename another – in case A: a system –, click select name, then change my mind and click cancel. The system is still renamed, to the name I had selected before, in case A for the ship design. 2. Followed the same steps (as far as I know) to reproduce, but couldn't. Cancel button indeed cancelled. 3. Case B: I *manually* rename a system body, then click and cancel Select Name for the system, system is renamed to the name I gave the body.

Has anyone got a 'twinned ground units' bug in a brand new v1.9.3 game? (not in a game that was previously running in a different version)

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it. It was confusing. They were carried over from 1.9. I just try to be as comprehensive as I can.

No, it is is important. This was a bug was in 1.9.2 so if units were created in that version, the bug would still exist in v1.9.3. A new game in v1.9.3 should not have the the bug. Which is your situation?

Ah, my brain possibly read "anyone else" while it wasn't there. Thanks for the lightning-speed fixes, by the way. My "twins" are still the same mentioned in my 1.9.2 bug report, and I hope you didn't read my second post there before I had arrived at PPS. After upgrading to 1.9.3., I ran a few brief additional tests on the matter with new "Bug bucket" units: As far as I can tell, the bug is squashed impeccably. But you are right, it should be verified.

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2020, 10:47:45 AM »
The "Follow" order does not work as intended.
Creating a Ship with ELINT module and ordering it to follow a planet at a certain distance wont work if the increment is 1 Day or larger, the ship will just stay at its current position not following the Planet.

Also, Aliens seem to accept my request to leave a system only to send more ships into it afterwards. This game wants me to erradicate each and every Xenos that it throws at me to wich i gladly comply as my diplomacy ships get blown up and my cloaked ELINT ships are detected long before they are of any use.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »
v1.9.3
Always occurs, trivial to reproduce.

Tactical map bugs still present since VB:

If you click on an object on the tactical map and try to drag it, the map will center on that object after the drag.
Clicking on a hidden asteroid centers the tactical map on that asteroid.
Together this makes dragging the tactical map in a dense asteroid field difficult.

Shift-clicking to measure distance from a body works correctly.

Fixed.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »
Deactivate Shields command is not working. I have a fleet with raised shields, when I give them command to Deactivate Shields nothing happens. Command Activate Shields is working correctly.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Mineral search window ignores Gallicite accessibility filter. Work fine on other minerals.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2020, 10:59:03 AM »
Deactivate Shields command is not working. I have a fleet with raised shields, when I give them command to Deactivate Shields nothing happens. Command Activate Shields is working correctly.

By command, do you mean fleet order or button?

I am assuming order as button is for single ship. I've added a zero shield level as well as shields inactive.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »
If a scientist dies during a research project the progress of said project is no longer saved requiring starting from scratch. <-seems to have fixed itself. Or maybe it was something else.

Edit: If you change the name of a system in the "system generation and display" screen you can't switch to another system on the screen, you need to exit and enter it again, at least in SM mode.

Edit 2: I can't open the "mineral survey window" when I'm in the galaxy map.

Both fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Haji, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »

By command, do you mean fleet order or button?

I am assuming order as button is for single ship. I've added a zero shield level as well as shields inactive.

Sorry for not being more clear, it is fleet order.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2020, 11:07:54 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or WAI. I have a bunch of construction formations on a planet and I went to industry to queue up a construction factory. It shows I have 80BP from the units, yet the factory never makes any building progress.

Picture attached.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2020, 11:13:10 AM »
Hi Steve I onestly don't know what's going on here, but yesterday I sent an Harvester to Uranus because I discovered some amount of Sorium. The harvester is doing its job (tanks are getting full) but today seems I haven't surveyed Uranus at all.

V. 1.93

Real star

TN

20 years campaign